Keystone is over

Do you have a 401k? do any investing,if so,very good chance you own a chunk of said company,don't be so stupid.
that's complete bull crap....and no reason for government to steal citizen's land that they want to keep!

SHAME ON YOU!

so it is ok for the government to steal ones wealth for social programs

but it is not ok to steal with payment ones land to further infrastucture
Basically. Yes

It is OK to collect taxes and it is not OK to confiscate someone's property so that another person can make a profit off of it
The constitution says basically you are incorrect

You must be reading the wrong Constitution

You need to look for the one that begins...."We the People"
exactly!!!

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

The funny part is that the typical liberal has no clue why they're supposed to hate the XL pipeline. We have pipelines all over the place, but liberals are told they need to worry about this exact one.

It's probably because the oil company behind this didn't spread enough bribery money to Congressmen or the President.

The point is, liberals are told what to do, and have no idea why.

Most construction jobs are temporary. Does that make them any less important to the ones hired? A paycheck is what they are looking for.
There go lots of jobs down the drain.

How many permanent jobs was that?

:link:

I guess they'll have to look for another temporary job.

That is exactly what construction workers do. When the job is done, they go on to the next job.

Ahhh but-----but you must have forgotten... "they go on to the next job" is not what Keystone XL supporters were/are selling.

Russ Girling: TransCanada CEO says 42,000 Keystone XL pipeline jobs are 'ongoing, enduring'

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

The funny part is that the typical liberal has no clue why they're supposed to hate the XL pipeline. We have pipelines all over the place, but liberals are told they need to worry about this exact one.

It's probably because the oil company behind this didn't spread enough bribery money to Congressmen or the President.

there are several different reasons on why people do not support the xl portion of the keystone pipeline, and not all agree with all of them...

Eminent domain being used by our gvt to take US Citizens land away to give it to a foreign corporation for their own betterment of company profits. How is that using eminent domain for public use?

Another reason that some are upset is the using of clean drinking water to extract the oil sands, something like 3 to 4 barrels of drinking water to extract 1 barrel of oil sands

And other enviro groups are against the pipeline because it is bitumen.. dirty oil crude and refining it is dirtier or something of the sort,

Along with the path of the pipeline crossing key aquifers, that are critical to the bread basket of the nation and world....one big Murphy's Law mishap leak, and the whole country can be hurt.

And others just want us to start thinking of the future and spending money and labor on cleaner, sustainable energy.

And others don't like the fact that a Canadian corporation will own this pipeline and as owners they can give priority to transporting Canadian oil and restrict American companies from using it, but if it were our own pipeline, Americans would have priority.

Most construction jobs are temporary. Does that make them any less important to the ones hired? A paycheck is what they are looking for.
There go lots of jobs down the drain.

How many permanent jobs was that?

:link:

I guess they'll have to look for another temporary job.

That is exactly what construction workers do. When the job is done, they go on to the next job.

We've got more than enough work for those construction workers.

Are you referring to construction jobs paid for with taxpayers money?

Poll: Majority of Americans back Keystone pipeline

The 1,179-mile Canada-to-Texas pipeline is backed by 57% of the 1,011 Americans surveyed on Dec. 18-21. Just 28% oppose it, while 15% say they are unsure.

Poll: Majority of Americans back Keystone pipeline - CNNPolitics.com

Keystone pipeline has been built and was already approved and going strong..

Keystone xl is a new, pipeline leg crossing our border and with an undetermined safe route across our aquifers....

Were the people polled approving of the
Keystone pipeline?

Or this new leg, keystone xl?

Last edited:
Now up and coming is a battle of my lifetime after Grassy Narrows.

It will be very interesting to witness you so called clean energy freaks south of the border to help me stop Bi pole.

It really will be most interesting. You claim you are conservastionists. Better to get ready to put the pedal to the metal,

I think that is English...but I have absolutely no idea what (if anything) it means.

It will be very interesting to witness you so called clean energy freaks south of the border to help me stop Bi pole.

It really will be most interesting. You claim you are conservastionists. Better to get ready to put the pedal to the metal,

I think that is English...but I have absolutely no idea what (if anything) it means.

If you are a true conservationist (not you personally) you know the battle we had over Grassy Narrows. Mercury poisoning on a massive scale.

Bi Pole is this huge hydro project that is scheduled to go thru mega wetlands. Not only wetlands but huge tracts of land that are monarch breeding grounds.

Fighting it tooth and nail with other conservationists.

there are several different reasons on why people do not support the xl portion of the keystone pipeline, and not all agree with all of them...

Eminent domain being used by our gvt to take US Citizens land away to give it to a foreign corporation for their own betterment of company profits. How is that using eminent domain for public use?

Another reason that some are upset is the using of clean drinking water to extract the oil sands, something like 3 to 4 barrels of drinking water to extract 1 barrel of oil sands

And other enviro groups are against the pipeline because it is bitumen.. dirty oil crude and refining it is dirtier or something of the sort,

Along with the path of the pipeline crossing key aquifers, that are critical to the bread basket of the nation and world....one big Murphy's Law mishap leak, and the whole country can be hurt.

And others just want us to start thinking of the future and spending money and labor on cleaner, sustainable energy.

And others don't like the fact that a Canadian corporation will own this pipeline and as owners they can give priority to transporting Canadian oil and restrict American companies from using it, but if it were our own pipeline, Americans would have priority.

Here's the Ogallala aquifer. Miles and miles of pipelines cross it.

ogallala-aquifer-pipeline-map.jpg

If you are a true conservationist (not you personally) you know the battle we had over Grassy Narrows. Mercury poisoning on a massive scale.

Bi Pole is this huge hydro project that is scheduled to go thru mega wetlands. Not only wetlands but huge tracts of land that are monarch breeding grounds.

Are you in favor of building a nuclear power plant instead of BiPole?

If not, you are a raging hypocrite.

Poll: Majority of Americans back Keystone pipeline

The 1,179-mile Canada-to-Texas pipeline is backed by 57% of the 1,011 Americans surveyed on Dec. 18-21. Just 28% oppose it, while 15% say they are unsure.

Poll: Majority of Americans back Keystone pipeline - CNNPolitics.com

Keystone pipeline has been built and was already approved and going strong..

Keystone xl is a new, pipeline leg crossing our border and with an undetermined safe route across our aquifers....

Were the people polled approving of the
Keystone pipeline?

Or this new leg, keystone xl?

The XL project was specifically designed to bring both Canadian crude and pick up oil from the Bakken fields.

I love this Senator. She knows how valuable the XL would be to her state.

Sep 19 2013
Heitkamp Calls on President to Approve Keystone XL Pipeline on Five Year Anniversary of Project Application
In a Letter to the President, Senator Outlines her recent Trip to the Canadian Oil Sands & How it Reinforced the Need for the Project
WASHINGTON, D.C. – On the five year anniversary of the application for the Keystone XL pipeline, U.S. Senator Heidi Heitkamp today called on President Obama to recognize the project is in the United States’ national interest and approve it.

In a letter to the President, Heitkamp explained how her trip last month to view development of the Canadian oil sands reinforced how crucial the pipeline is to the U.S. During the trip, she met with stakeholders in the extraction, production, and transportation industries, and discussed with Canadian officials their efforts to minimize the pipeline’s impact on the environment.

“It’s disappointing we’re at this point where five years later we still don’t have an answer on the Keystone XL pipeline,” said Senator Heitkamp. “Just last month, I visited the oil sands in Canada and it only reinforced how critical the Keystone XL pipeline would be to North Dakota and the U.S.

To my knowledge, no senior members of the Administration have visited the oil sands. But, in order to make an informed decision about this project, such a trip is needed to see the technology firsthand, clarify many of the issues the Administration thinks it may have with the project, and fully realize the responsible impact it could have on the U.S.

“It’s in our economic, national security, and energy interests to approve this pipeline from our neighbor and ally as we continue to build an all-of-the-above energy strategy that could lead us toward North American energy independence. This project needs to be approved.”
Heitkamp Calls on President to Approve Keystone XL Pipeline on Five Year Anniversary of Project Application - Press Releases - United States Senator Heidi Heitkamp

Are you in favor of building a nuclear power plant instead of BiPole?

If not, you are a raging hypocrite.

I have no problem whatsoever with nuclear power. France derives almost 80 percent of its energy from nuclear. It's an amazing success story.

Nuclear Power in France | French Nuclear Energy

If any Republican is elected Keystone will likely become law, problem is they'll have to go through the whole permit process again.
Yes and no.
The permit process has been pretty much completed. 90% of the completed permit process is just going to be tucked away for later.
All the environmental studies won't need redoing etc etc.
If a REP is elected President the permitting process could be 'hyper-tracked' and complete in a few months.

But the pipeline already exists. What is the benefit. It won't be jobs because the people that transport now will lose jobs.

I'm honestly trying to see what Republicans even considered worth fighting for here. It is a non-issue.

It was a short cut extension that would increase the amount that could get to US refineries. It would ship oil by pipeline rather than by truck or train. Do the dumbass environmenatists not know that the safest way to ship oil is by pipeline?

But the pipeline already exists. What is the benefit. It won't be jobs because the people that transport now will lose jobs.

I'm honestly trying to see what Republicans even considered worth fighting for here. It is a non-issue.
The number of full time jobs involved in transporting oil by rail and then by barge is miniscule.
After XL is complete the number of full time jobs involved with moving oil through the XL portion of the pipeline will be minicule.
It's a wash either way visa vi full time jobs.
What's really at issue is US oil independence from ME producers.
Ten years from now whom would you rather buy a barrel of oil from? A company in Calgary Alberta or an oil company in the KSA?

Forum List

Back