🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Keystone Pipeline Benefits?

The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.

In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.

TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.

TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.

Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.

The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.

The Canadian Energy Research Institute predicts that Keystone XL will add $172 billion to America’s gross domestic product by 2035 and will create an additional 1.8 million person-years of employment in the United States over the next 22 years.

Way more at link.

Jobs Economic Benefits Keystone XL Pipeline

Hooray.....thousands of temporary unsustainable jobs. Another victory for the American people.

Hooray.....thousands of temporary unsustainable jobs.

Kinda like the Obama "stimulus".

Only this one will generate revenue for the government, instead of wasting hundreds of billions.

Oil bad!

Oil dirty!

Bad oil, bad!

Corporations bad!

Corporations dirty!

Bad corporations, bad!

Profits bad!

Profits dirty!

Bad profits, bad!

w2n95s.jpg

How much will Canada pay us per barrel to pump their oil via Keystone?

TransCanada sets deadline for easement offers Lincoln NE Journal Star
Landowners along the route of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline received letters Wednesday warning them that current easement offers will be pulled after May 14 -- and future offers will be significantly less lucrative.

TransCanada Corp., the Calgary-based company seeking to build the pipeline, has made offers as high as $250,000, including up-front crop damage payments and land-use compensation.

After the deadline, the company said, compensation packages will be refigured to reflect actual land values and commodity prices.

Hooray.....thousands of temporary unsustainable jobs. Another victory for the American people.

When you see some guys building a house, do you say "hooray, unsustainable jobs", wiseass?

Nope.

That's the nature of the construction industry, fool. That's how construction workers stay employed. They build a lot of shit, one of which will be the Keystone Pipeline.

When you see some guys building a house, do you say "hooray, unsustainable jobs", wiseass?

Nope.

That's the nature of the construction industry, fool. That's how construction workers stay employed. They build a lot of shit, one of which will be the Keystone Pipeline.

Hey, snapperhead. That was Discombobulated's claim.

I was mocking him.

Keystone Pipeline Benefits Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

From my understanding is that the keystone pipeline is solely about helping Canada get to the gulf and ship oil out the US and has nothing to do with: 1. Getting the US more oil (like many like myself were led to believe) and 2. Not about producing and sending any of our oil anywhere.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but other than the over inflated (yes the right lies about the number of jobs that are created, just like the left does) temporary jobs, what is the big benefit to the US that we continue fight back and forth over.

If it truly was about getting more Canadian oil to the stated, then I am for it. It should more forward, but if it's solely about getting Canadian oil to the gulf, then I have no idea why (other then generous kickbacks), whey the Republicans are pushing for this so hard!

keystone-pipeline-map-167.jpg
Imo, that's an excellent question. And, while this is from a liberal perspective, I think it's spot on. Neither Obama nor the gop really cares about the pipeline, aside from hitting each other politically.

Can Obama Trade Keystone for Something -- NYMag

Wow, how could anyone post such an uninformed OP? Perhaps you should pose your question to the labor unions that are strongly supporting the Keystone Pipeline. They understand that it will create thousands of good-paying jobs in the U.S., in addition to its obvious benefits to Canada. It's a twofer, a win-win.

But, since Obama and the enviro whackos oppose it, most liberals just robotically oppose it as well and only read research that supports their opposition to this commonsense business proposal. How hard is it to understand that a pipeline built for hundreds and hundreds of miles on U.S. soil is going to generate jobs and business for Americans?

Last edited:
Wow, how could anyone post such an uninformed OP? Perhaps you should pose your question to the labor unions that are strongly supporting the Keystone Pipeline. They understand that it will create thousands of good-paying jobs in the U.S., in addition to its obvious benefits to Canada. It's a twofer, a win-win.

But, since Obama and the enviro whackos oppose it, most liberals just robotically oppose it as well and only read research that supports their opposition to this commonsense business proposal.

temporary union jobs.... said jobs are on a REGIONAL basis ... as the pipeline moves along its route local workers are replaced with workers from that areas union.. UNION workers .

well, since its a union project maybe they will figure out how to sit there and watch the pipeline EXIST after its finished.. WIN WIN !!

now pay your union dues the Union President wants a new Cadillac

so where has all the help for this country gone with Keystone I & ll soundly in place ?

riddle me that

You buy our oil and refine it and fucking use it. Get a grip.

The pipeline is unnecessary, we have enough oil already with more domestic production to come. Canadian oil is the dirtiest, most inefficient and expensive oil in the world. I think we can do better.
We are ,we will pump other products,will be upgrading to new and better systems,and providing revenue and taxes,as well as jobs.If we let people like you run things we would still be chasing our food with a sharp stick.

Keystone, the oil and oil by products create UNION jobs ... ya know those UNION thugs the RW's keep protesting about day in and day out.

RW hypocrisy knows NO bounds... NONE.

I was just pointing that out myself. Unions are BIG supporters of Keystone.
Defense industry is full of good paying union jobs.

I don't know how Republicans live with themselves some time.
Some people would take this as an opportunity to learn something about themselves. But you are right. You don't know.

But, since Obama and the enviro whackos oppose it, most liberals just robotically oppose it as well and only read research that supports their opposition to this commonsense business proposal.

temporary union jobs.... said jobs are on a REGIONAL basis ... as the pipeline moves along its route local workers are replaced with workers from that areas union.. UNION workers .

well, since its a union project maybe they will figure out how to sit there and watch the pipeline EXIST after its finished.. WIN WIN !!

Construction jobs by their very nature are temporary. Get a freaking grip here.

:lol:

Construction jobs by their very nature are temporary. Get a freaking grip here.

:lol:

I am pretty sure the Republicans argue that this pipeline will create thousands of good paying, long lasting union jobs. Is this not true? Is it just the temp construction jobs that will be so plentiful for a while? Then how many jobs when that's done?

Forum List

Back