Kidnapped Boy Sings Praise Song until Abductor Frees Him

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
I love how God confirms His Word that He will rescue those who call on His name and praise Him through their circumstances! This young boy praised God with a worship song until the abductor freed him. The abductor is still on the loose....

Kidnapped Boy Sings Special Song Until Abductor Frees Him - Good News - Cascade, GA Patch

Kidnapped Boy Sings Special Song Until Abductor Frees Him
"Every Praise" may have saved boy's life.

Posted by Todd Richissin (Editor) , April 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM

When nine-year-old Willie Myrick was snatched from his driveway in Atlanta, the boy could think of only one thing to do: Sing.

Willie relied on faith and song, singing the gospel hymn, "Every Praise," until his abductor — perhaps exasperated, perhaps touched — finally released him unharmed.

First Coast News reports that Thursday evening, community leaders held a meeting in Willie's honor, celebrating his happy ending and telling other parents and children what to do if this happens to them.

In front of a crowded sanctuary at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, the boy recounted the moments in the car, the abductor cursing him and telling him to shut up while he continued in song.

"He opened the door and threw me out," Willie said. "He told me not to tell anyone."

continue reading on link.......

Response to Editors comment*** May have saved his life??!

Last edited:
I recall hearing a story about 17 yrs ago in which a young child was kidnapped and shouted the name of Jesus over and over again until the kidnapper pulled over and threw him out. There is power in the name of Jesus.

I recall hearing a story about 17 yrs ago in which a young child was kidnapped and shouted the name of Jesus over and over again until the kidnapper pulled over and threw him out. There is power in the name of Jesus.

How do you explain all the dead that were calling out to Jesus in London during the Blitzkrieg just before the bomb exploded that eviscerated them?
Not true Scotsmen?

How do you explain all the dead that were calling out to Jesus in London during the Blitzkrieg just before the bomb exploded that eviscerated them?
Not true Scotsmen?

I don't know the answer to that question, Bruce. It reminds me of another story of miraculous rescue though. In this story a Nigerian man was at the bottom of the ocean for 3 days in a capsized boat with a small air pocket. The others on the boat perished. Did the others cry out to God? I do not know. I wasn't there and know nothing about them.

Nigerian Man Who Survived Three Days at Bottom of Atlantic Ocean Credits God for Survival | Christian News Network

In May of this year, 12 men aboard the Jacson 4 found themselves in the fight of their life when their tugboard capsized off the African coast. One man, Harrison Odjegba Okene, who was the cook for the team, was in the bathroom when the incident occurred. It was very early—approximately 4:30 a.m. Okene told reporters this week that after the ship turned over, he searched for an air pocket, piled a couple of mattresses on a rack and waited—for three days. He was dressed in only his boxers and could hear sea creatures fighting over their next meal.

However, the night before, Okene’s wife had texted him some Psalms, as the couple is Christian. He recalled those Psalms as he waited patiently 100 feet below the surface.

“I started calling on the name of God,” Okene told the Nation. “I started reminiscing on the verses I read before I slept. I read the Bible from Psalms 54 to 92. My wife had sent me the verses to read that night when she called me before I went to bed.”

“O God, by your name, save me,” he recited. “The Lord sustains my life.”

As Okene waited, temperatures dropped to freezing and oxygen levels began running low. But he trusted in God. Read more on link........

Last edited:

Not true Scotsmen?

I don't know the answer to that question, Bruce. It reminds me of another story of miraculous rescue though. In this story a Nigerian man was at the bottom of the ocean for 3 days in a capsized boat with a small air pocket. The others on the boat perished. Did the others cry out to God? I do not know. I wasn't there and know nothing about them.

Nigerian Man Who Survived Three Days at Bottom of Atlantic Ocean Credits God for Survival | Christian News Network

In May of this year, 12 men aboard the Jacson 4 found themselves in the fight of their life when their tugboard capsized off the African coast. One man, Harrison Odjegba Okene, who was the cook for the team, was in the bathroom when the incident occurred. It was very early—approximately 4:30 a.m. Okene told reporters this week that after the ship turned over, he searched for an air pocket, piled a couple of mattresses on a rack and waited—for three days. He was dressed in only his boxers and could hear sea creatures fighting over their next meal.

However, the night before, Okene’s wife had texted him some Psalms, as the couple is Christian. He recalled those Psalms as he waited patiently 100 feet below the surface.

“I started calling on the name of God,” Okene told the Nation. “I started reminiscing on the verses I read before I slept. I read the Bible from Psalms 54 to 92. My wife had sent me the verses to read that night when she called me before I went to bed.”

“O God, by your name, save me,” he recited. “The Lord sustains my life.”

As Okene waited, temperatures dropped to freezing and oxygen levels began running low. But he trusted in God. Read more on link........

So these narratives are ways to feel good but prove nothing in the face of overwhelming evidence of prayers ignored, which you admittedly have no answer for.
Got it.

What overwhelming evidence of prayers ignored? I see prayers answered here and as to you claiming people prayed and were ignored in another matter, Bruce?

Where is that overwhelming evidence? You haven't produced any. Were you there? I can tell you now I was not...

here is the music from Praise Him Song :

[ame=http://youtu.be/RnzTstZT98c]Praise Him - Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. He alone is Worthy.

Last edited:
This is a beautiful version of the song. Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir does this song very beautifully.

When you listen to this song it is good to remember that the LORD is near to us in our trouble and loves us deeply. We can trust in the LORD. He is good to those who call upon His Name. Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. God is good. I praise Him!

[ame=http://youtu.be/C1AYKRjoFxs]Praise Him - The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
She has quite a voice. The anointing on that song is so strong it is quite amazing that was the song that came to the little boys mind to sing!

This is a beautiful version of the song. Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir does this song very beautifully.

When you listen to this song it is good to remember that the LORD is near to us in our trouble and loves us deeply. We can trust in the LORD. He is good to those who call upon His Name. Whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. God is good. I praise Him!

Praise Him - The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - YouTube

This is a song praising God for His Delivering power! :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back