Kids have freedom of speech - should we give them all a gun?

I already know the automatic republican reaction to this thread will be “kids don’t have freedom of speech!” Yes they do. How I know? Because no kid has ever been charged with a crime for speaking an opinion. Do they still face consequences? Obviously they do, but guess what assholes? So do adults. It’s not like you don’t face repercussions for telling that hot new intern she has a nice ass. You can get fired for that. The main takeaway is that you aren’t charged with a crime for telling her that.

The main takeaway of this post is that it is reasonable that the 2nd amendment has limitations like the 1st amendment has with slander and libel. This includes public security that helps to minimize gun violence.

No they don't. You are an idiot and that's the stupidest thing people say. Kids have the rights we give them. Period. Doubt me? Watch my kid excorsize freedom of speech stupidly. All parents tell their kids to hush when they talk out of hand. The takeaway from the op is dumb.
The logic of this is pretty simple. No kid has been charged with a crime for simply saying something.

Wrong!

First grader sent to office for 'misgendering' fellow student

Good News: Law Penalizing “Misgendering” with Hefty Fine and/or Jail Time being Legally Challenged
A kid being sent to the office isn’t a crime dumbass.

It can be for The Principal.

featured-image.png

I already know the automatic republican reaction to this thread will be “kids don’t have freedom of speech!” Yes they do. How I know? Because no kid has ever been charged with a crime for speaking an opinion. Do they still face consequences? Obviously they do, but guess what assholes? So do adults. It’s not like you don’t face repercussions for telling that hot new intern she has a nice ass. You can get fired for that. The main takeaway is that you aren’t charged with a crime for telling her that.

The main takeaway of this post is that it is reasonable that the 2nd amendment has limitations like the 1st amendment has with slander and libel. This includes public security that helps to minimize gun violence.

No they don't. You are an idiot and that's the stupidest thing people say. Kids have the rights we give them. Period. Doubt me? Watch my kid excorsize freedom of speech stupidly. All parents tell their kids to hush when they talk out of hand. The takeaway from the op is dumb.
The logic of this is pretty simple. No kid has been charged with a crime for simply saying something.

Wrong!

Good News: Law Penalizing “Misgendering” with Hefty Fine and/or Jail Time being Legally Challenged
\
Yes I know you missed the other link attached..

Wrong!

\
That’s just the usual rightwing bullshit.

Wrong!

\

See how the far left denies the reality!

But it means I win when they resort to this! They have nothing when their religious dogma has been defeated!

\

See how the far left denies the reality!

But it means I win when they resort to this! They have nothing when their religious dogma has been defeated!

It's like that in hyperpartisan land.

Wrong!

Student arrested for making threat against high school, Daytona Beach police say

The department received information Wednesday about a threat made against Mainland High School. Police said the person making the threat stated that she was going to "blow up" the school.

Investigators tracked down the suspect, identified as a 16-year-old Mainland student, and took her into custody. Police said she is being charged with a second-degree felony.

So that kids life is destroyed over nothing more then being a mouthy teen.

Yes but kids do not get charged for just saying something!

Just be glad you do not live in the UK..

BBC Tells Kids 'People Can Go to Prison' For Disrespecting 'More Than 100' Gender Identities

But if the far left has their way here, things will be the same!

But they do. One can say whatever they want. But they have to accept the consequences that come with that. Just ask that Nick Sandman kid. He just wore a MAGA hat, yet the real black Hebrew Israelites can threaten rape, murder, even to put and cut up old Jewish folks with a machete, yet it's the "MAGA" gear toting guy who is the asshole?

Wrong!

Student arrested for making threat against high school, Daytona Beach police say

The department received information Wednesday about a threat made against Mainland High School. Police said the person making the threat stated that she was going to "blow up" the school.

Investigators tracked down the suspect, identified as a 16-year-old Mainland student, and took her into custody. Police said she is being charged with a second-degree felony.

BBC Tells Kids 'People Can Go to Prison' For Disrespecting 'More Than 100' Gender Identities

But they do. One can say whatever they want. But they have to accept the consequences that come with that. Just ask that Nick Sandman kid. He just wore a MAGA hat, yet the real black Hebrew Israelites can threaten rape, murder, even to put and cut up old Jewish folks with a machete, yet it's the "MAGA" gear toting guy who is the asshole?

Yes he was terrorized by the far left and the far left media!

Just from wearing a hat!

Wrong!

Yes he was terrorized by the far left and the far left media!

Just from wearing a hat!

There you go. So by that standard, if a pro life kid said that people should kill anyone in a pro choice shirt is that freedom of speech? Yup. But I would bet a years pay that the kid who said that would face consequences for saying that which at a minimums would be a visit from LE. And if anything happened to the pro voice folks then I'm thinking our excample kid would face much more. Nick Sandman should be able to rock his MAGA hat. This whole 1st vs the 2nd is bullshit anyway. The 2nd is the firewall that guarantees the 1st anyway.

Forum List

Back