Kids have freedom of speech - should we give them all a gun?

The main takeaway of this post is that if the first amendment has limitations like preventing kids from buying gun,
That's the main takeaway the First Amendment prevents kids from buying a gun? I have not checked the gun laws of every state or all the federal gun laws but I'm pretty sure a minor can not leagally purchase a gun.
Lol I botched this post majorly but I have edited it to reflect the actual point I was trying to make.

And yes, kids can’t legally purchase a gun. The point I am trying to make that I admittedly failed at conveying is that if the 1st amendment has limitations like slander, the 2nd amendment can as well.
The Second Amendment does have limitations.
So why shouldn’t it have more for the sake of public security?
Let’s just do away with it altogether. Then Snowflakes like you could crawl out from under your bed.

The main takeaway of this post is that if the first amendment has limitations like preventing kids from buying gun,
That's the main takeaway the First Amendment prevents kids from buying a gun? I have not checked the gun laws of every state or all the federal gun laws but I'm pretty sure a minor can not leagally purchase a gun.
Lol I botched this post majorly but I have edited it to reflect the actual point I was trying to make.

And yes, kids can’t legally purchase a gun. The point I am trying to make that I admittedly failed at conveying is that if the 1st amendment has limitations like slander, the 2nd amendment can as well.
Let’s just do away with it altogether. Then Snowflakes like you could crawl out from under your bed.
No one of any importance is actually proposing that but I guess you believing otherwise makes it easy to double down on your guntard rhetoric. There’s always this simple nuance in a political issue that escapes you all.

Hell yeah!

32-surreal-stock-photos-of-kids-with-guns-1-28443-1358535982-0_big.jpg
Omg I am so triggered by this! A little girl should never go near a gun. EVER. You’re a bad, bad man for posting this!

Is that what you wanted to hear?

Apparently you are not woke enough, how do you know that is not a trans kid?

For the same reason you shouldn't have more on the First Amendment to stop people from incinting violence. When you start down the road of restricting people's rights and freedoms it gets easier to take away more and more of them until you lose them altogether. That's not a road I want to go down frankly I don't know why anyone would.

Hell yeah!

Omg I am so triggered by this! A little girl should never go near a gun. EVER. You’re a bad, bad man for posting this!

What the fuck? Do you even know what point you are trying to make?

Yes you claimed it was a little girl but you have no idea if it is, could be a Trans kid!

And if the can decide their gender they can carry a gun!

For the same reason you shouldn't have more on the First Amendment to stop people from incinting violence. When you start down the road of restricting people's rights and freedoms it gets easier to take away more and more of them until you lose them altogether. That's not a road I want to go down frankly I don't know why anyone would.
But shouldn’t guns which is a proven public hazard be limited for the sake of the safety of the general public? Words don’t nearly have the same effect.

Hell yeah!

Yes you claimed it was a little girl but you have no idea if it is, could be a Trans kid!

I get that you’re trying to be clever or whatever but if you don’t make any sense then it falls flat.

But shouldn’t guns which is a proven public hazard be limited for the sake of the safety of the general public? Words don’t nearly have the same effect.

Not according to the far left, they say words are weapons and certain words must be banned because of it!

No one of any importance is actually proposing that but I guess you believing otherwise makes it easy to double down on your guntard rhetoric. There’s always this simple nuance in a political issue that escapes you all.
Why wouldn’t we just do away with it...”for the sake of public security”?

Hell yeah!

I get that you’re trying to be clever or whatever but if you don’t make any sense then it falls flat.

Just because it went over your non woke far left head, does not mean it does!

Obviously because criminals have guns. We just need to minimize that problem from getting any bigger.

Obviously because criminals have guns. We just need to minimize that problem from getting any bigger.
If criminals ignore gun laws, why have any? Why do you want to punish law abiding citizens?

I already know the automatic republican reaction to this thread will be “kids don’t have freedom of speech!” Yes they do. How I know? Because no kid has ever been charged with a crime for speaking an opinion. Do they still face consequences? Obviously they do, but guess what assholes? So do adults. It’s not like you don’t face repercussions for telling that hot new intern she has a nice ass. You can get fired for that. The main takeaway is that you aren’t charged with a crime for telling her that.

The main takeaway of this post is that it is reasonable that the 2nd amendment has limitations like the 1st amendment has with slander and libel. This includes public security that helps to minimize gun violence.

No they don't. You are an idiot and that's the stupidest thing people say. Kids have the rights we give them. Period. Doubt me? Watch my kid excorsize freedom of speech stupidly. All parents tell their kids to hush when they talk out of hand. The takeaway from the op is dumb.

I already know the automatic republican reaction to this thread will be “kids don’t have freedom of speech!” Yes they do. How I know? Because no kid has ever been charged with a crime for speaking an opinion. Do they still face consequences? Obviously they do, but guess what assholes? So do adults. It’s not like you don’t face repercussions for telling that hot new intern she has a nice ass. You can get fired for that. The main takeaway is that you aren’t charged with a crime for telling her that.

The main takeaway of this post is that it is reasonable that the 2nd amendment has limitations like the 1st amendment has with slander and libel. This includes public security that helps to minimize gun violence.

No they don't. You are an idiot and that's the stupidest thing people say. Kids have the rights we give them. Period. Doubt me? Watch my kid excorsize freedom of speech stupidly. All parents tell their kids to hush when they talk out of hand. The takeaway from the op is dumb.
The logic of this is pretty simple. No kid has been charged with a crime for simply saying something.

The logic of this is pretty simple. No kid has been charged with a crime for simply saying something.

Wrong!

First grader sent to office for 'misgendering' fellow student

Good News: Law Penalizing “Misgendering” with Hefty Fine and/or Jail Time being Legally Challenged

Want to bet?

Wrong!

Student arrested for making threat against high school, Daytona Beach police say

The department received information Wednesday about a threat made against Mainland High School. Police said the person making the threat stated that she was going to "blow up" the school.

Investigators tracked down the suspect, identified as a 16-year-old Mainland student, and took her into custody. Police said she is being charged with a second-degree felony.

So that kids life is destroyed over nothing more then being a mouthy teen.

Wrong!

Good News: Law Penalizing “Misgendering” with Hefty Fine and/or Jail Time being Legally Challenged
A kid being sent to the office isn’t a crime dumbass.

Wrong!

Student arrested for making threat against high school, Daytona Beach police say

The department received information Wednesday about a threat made against Mainland High School. Police said the person making the threat stated that she was going to "blow up" the school.

Investigators tracked down the suspect, identified as a 16-year-old Mainland student, and took her into custody. Police said she is being charged with a second-degree felony.

So that kids life is destroyed over nothing more then being a mouthy teen.

Yes but kids do not get charged for just saying something!

Just be glad you do not live in the UK..

BBC Tells Kids 'People Can Go to Prison' For Disrespecting 'More Than 100' Gender Identities

But if the far left has their way here, things will be the same!

Forum List

Back