Kill the innocent, but not the guilty?

Nuc said:
Actually there is an incredible amount of anxiety in the modern world because people have so many choices in life and can't deal with them. In primitive societies your lot in life is determined by sex, caste or class, even position in birth order. For some people that's a lot easier to deal with than the blank slate we are born with in modern America.

darwin's therory in action :eek:

kurtsprincess said:
For a while there I thought all our helicopter pilots were in the race. A lot of hovering, rolling and spinning today, huh, manu?

reminded me of the olde figure 8 stuff i used to go watch at altamonte

manu1959 said:
darwin's therory in action :eek:

I'd agree with you except that the bizarre demands of modern life produce a lot of "successful" people who are totally screwed up. Maybe we've strayed too far from nature. For example in primitive societies we wouldn't have this argument about the death penalty. Someone becomes a liability they'd just stone 'em, end of story.

Nuc said:
I'd agree with you except that the bizarre demands of modern life produce a lot of "successful" people who are totally screwed up. Maybe we've strayed too far from nature. For example in primitive societies we wouldn't have this argument about the death penalty. Someone becomes a liability they'd just stone 'em, end of story.

successful and screwed up i can deal with.......unsuccessful and it is not my fault take care of me i can't handle.....i always thought if you were a liability we would would just leave you for the wolves.....

I think everything humans do is "natural." Otherwise, we wouldn't be doing it! :) The problems arise out of the struggle created between those who want progress and those who want to preserve the status quo.

Nuc said:

This might make a good discussion for another thread...Is man, through medical technology, mucking up the works of evolution by allowing survival of not just the fittest, and doing irreparable harm to the human gene pool?

Nuc said:

I'm sure people in centuries past felt the same way about the "bizarre demands of modern life"...........

Adaptation is crucial............and one of the first lessons of adapting is learning which choices keep you and the species alive.

MissileMan said:
This might make a good discussion for another thread...Is man, through medical technology, mucking up the works of evolution by allowing survival of not just the fittest, and doing irreparable harm to the human gene pool?

"Fittest" no longer seems to have a physical component.

MissileMan said:

go for it....i have moved on to the masturbation thread

Simply investigate murders with truth serum and lie detectors. When the killer is found, hang a sign on him/her that reads "failed human being", then shoot them in the back of the head and dump the body.

No, because the ability to practice medicine is an adaptation that ensures our species' future.

manu1959 said:
go for it....i have moved on to the masturbation thread
LOL...I hear there is a lot of that self gratification stuff on the LEFT coast.. :wank: True?

Forum List

Back