King James?

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2015
I've always wondered why Christians would keep the title of the most common bible 'King James'. He was some human king who wanted self-aggrandizement.

If Jesus is 'The King of Kings' shouldn't it be the King Jesus bible, or The Bible of the King of Kings, Jesus.

Rather odd that King James would still get the billing.

I've always wondered why Christians would keep the title of the most common bible 'King James'. He was some human king who wanted self-aggrandizement.

If Jesus is 'The King of Kings' shouldn't it be the King Jesus bible, or The Bible of the King of Kings, Jesus.

Yo, it`s simple? Read the Bible!

"GTP"
obama-lying.jpg

Dude... It's just the name of the translation with all the thee's thou's and thy's. It's a name that fits, if you ask me...

It's traditional, descriptive and not worth fucking with in my opinion.

It is not King James Bible. It is "Holy Bible" King James Version. I see no point in your post unless you wanted to put your ignorance on display. If it is the latter, you succeeded.

Dude... It's just the name of the translation with all the thee's thou's and thy's. It's a name that fits, if you ask me...

Please, no.

Next you'll be telling us the Tyndale translation is named after some dude, too.

LOL

Christian charity on display in full vigor it would appear.

Is there anyone on this board that isn't angry at the universe.

The bible is written in Aramaic and Greek. The Catholic church used a translation into a form of Latin called the vulgate.

King James ordered the translation into English from the original Aramaic and Greek.. There were lots of translations in English. King James Sought to standardise them.
The King James was heavy on poetry. Which is why many people prefer it

Most protestant churches in the US now use the New American Standard translation. It isn't so big on lord this and lord that. It is a more democratic translation. It also tries to keep the original poetry.

There is a translation called Good News which dumps the poetry and goes for vernacular.

There is a translation called Tanach used by jewish folks into painfully accurate english. It is not authoritative because they recognise that there are problems between the Aramaic and english.

Your ignorance is appaling

Please, no.
Next you'll be telling us the Tyndale translation is named after some dude, too.

Why would you possibly think that? :eusa_eh:

I appreciate the flattery of trying to predict my thoughts, but that is NOT what came to my mind next in this thread.

You should sue the corporation that sold you the mind-reader course.

Please, no.

I appreciate the flattery of trying to predict my thoughts, but that is NOT what came to my mind next in this thread.

..or as being a nice person ask for your money back first..

Please, no.

Sage advise. I will.

Amazing how much assumption most of you put into any kind of post, opinion, thought, action or anything else here.

Its funny how some of you consider yourselves authorities on the bible. Whatever floats your boat. Why post to a thread if you have no interest in talking about the topic?

Anyone can search online and get a history of anything. The fact that some of you think this is some 'god given' ability is so amusing. Go bitch at someone else, this is supposed to be a lighthearted thread. Go vomit on a thread about Trump so you feel better.

Amazing how much assumption most of you put into any kind of post, opinion, thought, action or anything else here.

Its funny how some of you consider yourselves authorities on the bible. Whatever floats your boat. Why post to a thread if you have no interest in talking about the topic?

Anyone can search online and get a history of anything. The fact that some of you think this is some 'god given' ability is so amusing. Go bitch at someone else, this is supposed to be a lighthearted thread. Go vomit on a thread about Trump so you feel better.
Just curious, are you aware that Sir Isaac Newton was deeply religious?

He is. We went through some of his anti religious views before. It was brought into his attention.

Yes its common knowledge.

Yes its common knowledge.
Why do you say it is common knowledge?

A lighthearted thread?
Not when you start one that insult's Christians.
Your only purpose of this thread was to put down Christians.

Forum List

Back