KY Judge upholds freedom of religion

Kentucky judge upholds Christian printer s refusal to print gay pride T-shirts - Yahoo News

Maybe it's just that sanity exists only below the Mason-Dixon line. I dunno.

So the judges that decided Roe v Wade prove that opposition to it is insane?

Roe proves itself as an invalid, unjust, subjective judicial decision; which FTR: is NOT LAW.

ROFL!

For Pete's sake... "ROE"... meaning the woman upon whom's behalf the case was brought, has REJECTED IT... for well more than a generation.

Your subhuman brain does not get that Roe is the law of the land, and your opinion means shit. Trot along.
Citizens United is the law of the land too. Deep throat that one.

I don't like it, but I accept it, as you will when it is overturned, just as you did Brown vs the School Board of Topeka.

The judge may be ruling on the primacy of the freedom of speech combined with religion.

The court will have a lot of judging to do in the next decade, certainly when HL is overturned along with Citizens United.
I love how you asshats are still pussy torqued about Citizens United. You hate freedom that much. It's never going to be overturned.

It would be easier to overturn Roe V Wade.
Not at all. People believe in religious freedom for people, but businesses not so much.
You're part of the fag militia that preaches it doesn't matter what the majority believes if it violates someone's rights.

Nice try, skid mark.

The judge may be ruling on the primacy of the freedom of speech combined with religion.

The court will have a lot of judging to do in the next decade, certainly when HL is overturned along with Citizens United.
I love how you asshats are still pussy torqued about Citizens United. You hate freedom that much. It's never going to be overturned.

Not at all. People believe in religious freedom for people, but businesses not so much.

Without people a business doe not run!

So until said business becomes completely and 100% automated, your far left drone stance is as always incorrect!

I believe in marriage equality and you hetero fascists don't, yes.

I believe in the Constitution and you hetero fascists not so much, no.

Gotta love it when Clayton's "legendary" legal mind gets trampled by facts.
Well, in fairness to him...we call that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday......

So, SOP for him.

So until said business becomes completely and 100% automated, your far left drone stance is as always incorrect!
when is the right going to go, not-for-profit to prove their religious sincerity?

when is the right going to go, not-for-profit to prove their religious sincerity?

Another far left drone fail post!

Another far left drone fail post!
nothing but diversion and that form of fallacy from the Right. some on the left, get it.

Did gays want a specific type of cake? Yes.
WOuld the baker sell the same cake to straight people? No.
Even retarded people could see the difference, dum-dum.
The question there is would the baker agree to bake a cake for a gay person's birthday.
My guess is that as long as the message on the cake didn't violate his religious aversion to homosexuality and gay marriage, he would have no problem.
As a matter of fact, for a birthday cake, the issue would likely never come up, unless the customer was looking for a lawsuit pay off.
Yes, there have been zero cases of providers refusing to serve gay people at all. They simply have refused a particular service they felt violated their religious principles.
I think that's a remarkable record of tolerance among American businesses. I doubt you'd find that in the Democrat dreamlands of Africa.

So they haven't refused service, they've just refused service.

good one, Corky.
Smart people look at two similar things and see differences. Stupid people see similarities.

So you're denying that catering a wedding is a service.

Great. Prove it.
You're so stupid. Prove that you're smart. For once.

Kentucky judge upholds Christian printer s refusal to print gay pride T-shirts - Yahoo News

Maybe it's just that sanity exists only below the Mason-Dixon line. I dunno.

1 Homophobic judge does not equal sanity.

Homophobia is vile and hateful, like segregation and racism.

"Mason-Dixon" - guess you're another far-rightie who longs for the days of the KKK.
I am amazed that someone like you goes around unsupervised through the day.

Only when he gets away from the orderlies...

The Rabbi and Jarlaxle are driven by a vision of America that has not existed in decades.

This is not freedom of religion. Ordering T shirts isn't preventing one from practicing religion.

This is freedom to discriminate.

If you don't want to serve all the public make your store membership only.
They didnt have any problem serving the public. They had a problem printing T-shirts with messages that violated their conscience Didn you read the link?

You're right, the court ruled that it doesn't have to print a specific message on the T-shirts.

However, when the product being sold is the exact same (ie. Wedding Cakes, wedding photos, etc.) and you are denying those exact same products to a person based on their sexual orientation, you are discriminating. Period.

Common sense ever prevails. I would not inscribe a wedding cake for a heretical Baptist wedding or a Satanist's wedding. But I would sell the frosted cake and they could inscribe it.

This is not freedom of religion. Ordering T shirts isn't preventing one from practicing religion.

They didnt have any problem serving the public. They had a problem printing T-shirts with messages that violated their conscience Didn you read the link?

You're right, the court ruled that it doesn't have to print a specific message on the T-shirts.

However, when the product being sold is the exact same (ie. Wedding Cakes, wedding photos, etc.) and you are denying those exact same products to a person based on their sexual orientation, you are discriminating. Period.
But it's not the exact same product when the message says, "Congratulations Bruce and Walter" or has 2 women perched on the top.
And that's it in a nut shell. If Bruce wants to but Walt a birthday cake that says Happy Birthday on top, the subject of homosexuality doesn't enter into the conversation. Once Bruce asks for 2 men in tuxes perched on top, the baker's religious convictions come into play.

But it's not the exact same product when the message says, "Congratulations Bruce and Walter" or has 2 women perched on the top.
And that's it in a nut shell. If Bruce wants to but Walt a birthday cake that says Happy Birthday on top, the subject of homosexuality doesn't enter into the conversation. Once Bruce asks for 2 men in tuxes perched on top, the baker's religious convictions come into play.

A wedding cake itself is a 5 layered cake stacked up like a pyramid. They aren't putting messages on there and they don't have to be the one to put the figures on top of the cake. But the specific cake being baked is the same product.

EDIT: 3-5 layers is typical. Either way, if they sell a 3 layer wedding cake to the general public, they have to sell it to everyone without discrimination.

A wedding cake itself is a 5 layered cake stacked up like a pyramid. They aren't putting messages on there and they don't have to be the one to put the figures on top of the cake. But the specific cake being baked is the same product.

EDIT: 3-5 layers is typical. Either way, if they sell a 3 layer wedding cake to the general public, they have to sell it to everyone without discrimination.
I'll sell you a cake with no decoration that offends my beliefs. How about that?

Besides that.... How did the baker know that the cake was for a gay wedding if not for 2 men or 2 women as a topper, or some obvious message.

Or did the customer specifically say it was for a gay wedding?
If, the latter, the customer was simply looking for a pay day or a news story. How many shops did he go to before he was refused?

Forum List

Back