KY To Build Creationist Theme Park

Wait how is this a Creationist theme park? It seems like a Christian one really. Is there rides that mention evolution, "irreducible complexity" or any of the other crap they use to try to make creationism seem like science?

Last edited:
Read the article dimwit, they are proposing incentives, it is not state funded. Good for KY.

Incentives translate to money. No taxes, etc.
Same as giving money if letting a tax cut expire is being for raising taxes.

Incentives translate to returning the collected sales taxes for 10 years. The maximum returned sales tax = 25% of the investment

Of course, without the theme park, the local and state tax revenue will be nothing, nada, ZERO.

If they want to make something to promote religion there shouldn't be any public incentives at all. Heck even if it wasn't if we want to call ourselves capitalists we can't keep giving away these handouts.

Read the article dimwit, they are proposing incentives, it is not state funded. Good for KY.

Incentives translate to money. No taxes, etc.
Same as giving money if letting a tax cut expire is being for raising taxes.

Incentives translate to returning the collected sales taxes for 10 years. The maximum returned sales tax = 25% of the investment

Of course, without the theme park, the local and state tax revenue will be nothing, nada, ZERO.

HUH? Without the thems park KY will collect no sales taxes?

also will they hire only Christians?

So you are in support of school led prayer?
I am!! For one thing there is no such thing as separation of church and state in the constitution.

So, you'd be OK with one that started "There is only one god, and he is Allah" or "Praise Gaia"?

Blasphemy. There is only Zeus.

0.jpg

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Steve Beshear said Wednesday that a creationism theme park, expected to open in Northern Kentucky in 2014, would have a $250 million annual impact on the state’s economy.

Ark Encounter, which will feature a 500-foot-long wooden replica of Noah’s Ark containing live animals such as juvenile giraffes, is projected to cost $150 million and create 900 jobs, Beshear announced at a Capitol press conference.

“Make no mistake about it, this is a huge deal,” he said.

The park, to be located on 800 acres in Grant County off Interstate 75, also will include a Walled City, live animal shows, a replica of the Tower of Babel, a 500-seat special-effects theater, an aviary and a first-century Middle Eastern village.

Beshear announces creationism theme park to open in 2014, with $250 million impact | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Which state is planning to build a theme park for Grimm's Fairy Tales, I wonder? A monument to foolishness....in Kentucky. They must be so proud.

Ya know, for someone who rants and raves about Muslim haters and how we as Americans should be be more tolerant....................
I'm thinking of a word that starts with hyp and ends with ite with ocr sandwiched in between.

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Steve Beshear said Wednesday that a creationism theme park, expected to open in Northern Kentucky in 2014, would have a $250 million annual impact on the state’s economy.

Ark Encounter, which will feature a 500-foot-long wooden replica of Noah’s Ark containing live animals such as juvenile giraffes, is projected to cost $150 million and create 900 jobs, Beshear announced at a Capitol press conference.

The park, to be located on 800 acres in Grant County off Interstate 75, also will include a Walled City, live animal shows, a replica of the Tower of Babel, a 500-seat special-effects theater, an aviary and a first-century Middle Eastern village.

Beshear announces creationism theme park to open in 2014, with $250 million impact | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Which state is planning to build a theme park for Grimm's Fairy Tales, I wonder? A monument to foolishness....in Kentucky. They must be so proud.

Ya know, for someone who rants and raves about Muslim haters and how we as Americans should be be more tolerant....................
I'm thinking of a word that starts with hyp and ends with ite with ocr sandwiched in between.
The Madster has raised hypocrisy to an art form.

Wow that's almost as nuts as putting a Muslim tourist attraction in Lower Manhattan. Will this park also be tax-exempt? :eusa_whistle:

Yes, the plan is for Kentucky State Troopers and National Guard to enter each home, grab all the precious metals in the house, and sell them off to convert them into funds for an Old Testament Theme Park.

That was tried in Sana Fe ISD, Texas, twice, and the kids and adults screwed the pooch, twice. Or so SCOTUS said. A moment of silence is for everybody at the beginning of the day: for the religious and the non-religious.

i agree with this here....a moment of silence for everyone....i would have used that time to check out Jenny in the other row....oh its great being a guy....we are such pigs....:eusa_angel:

Are you that personally threatened by the views of creationists that you had the need to make this thread and then disparage them in it?

I mean seriously get some self confidence and stop being a bigot towards chrisitians.

Are you that personally threatened by the views of creationists that you had the need to make this thread and then disparage them in it?

I mean seriously get some self confidence and stop being a bigot towards chrisitians.

lol.. i love whenever christians are told they're being goofy, somwhow people are 'threatened'.

seriously...

go look at the subject matter that forms the basis for most of the fauxrage on this board...

and *this* thread is what somehow offends *you*.

really?

Why is this a big deal? If you don't believe in the theme, then stay your stupid ass out of the park.

lol.. i love whenever christians are told they're being goofy, somwhow people are 'threatened'.

seriously...

go look at the subject matter that forms the basis for most of the fauxrage on this board...

really?

I'm not a christian Jillian. I just saw the person acting like a bigot towards christians and called it out just like I would if someone was acting bigoted toward Judaism or Islam.

The fact that you feel the need to defend such bigotry makes me wonder if my impression of you as being a good, honorable, and decent poster was wrong.

seriously...

really?

I'm not a christian Jillian. I just saw the person acting like a bigot towards christians and called it out just like I would if someone was acting bigoted toward Judaism or Islam.

The fact that you feel the need to defend such bigotry makes me wonder if my impression of you as being a good, honorable, and decent poster was wrong.
Funny, I know of at least three non-Christian posters who call this sort of blatant bigotry out from time to time, and they invariably get labeled as Christians. ;)

Last edited:

seriously...

really?

Funny, I know of at least three non-Christian posters who call this sort of blatant bigotry out from time to time, and they invariably get labeled as Christians. ;)

Insulting a religion is not automatically bigotry. Lighten up.

neither is disagreeing with Obama.....but yet.....

True but with most, the OP in this instance, it's plain and simple hypocrisy. Many rant and rave about tolerance and acceptance then go on to trash one group or another.

Forum List

Back