🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics

odIC9CA.png

Beginning in February 2012, the group of scientists calling themselves The Right Climate Stuff (TRCS) team received presentations by scientists representing all sides of the climate change debate and embarked on an in-depth review of a number of climate studies.

<snip>

TRCS is promoted by the heartland Institute as a group that is committed to getting to the bottom of climate change. The problem is that none of those former NASA employees are climate scientists nor have they ever conducted any climate science research. Oh, and by the way, that group is headed by H. Leighton Steward, a 77-year-old former oil and gas executive. No bias there. :eusa_hand:

And their stated goal is to try to stop NASA from conducting earth science research, particularly climate research. How stupid is that!

hmmmm
As Joseph Bast who heads the Heartland Institute points out, “It is important to distinguish between the statement, which is true, that there is no scientific consensus that AGW [anthropogenic (human-caused) global warming] is or will be a catastrophe, and the also-true claims that the climate is changing (of course it is, it is always changing), and that most scientists believe there may be a human impact on climate (our emissions and alterations of the landscape are surely having an impact, though they are often local or regional (like heat islands) and small relative to natural variation).” And yes, I truly do hold both Joe Bast and Heartland in high esteem.

Since 1998, more than 31,000 American scientists from diverse climate-related disciplines, including more than 9,000 with Ph.D.s, have signed a public petition announcing their belief that “…there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.” Included are atmospheric physicists, botanists, geologists, oceanographers, and meteorologists.

and as far as "astronauts" maybe Mother Jones needs to do some DD also

TRCS team is comprised of renowned space scientists with formal educational and decades career involvement in engineering, physics, chemistry, astrophysics, geophysics, geology and meteorology. Many of these scientists have Ph.Ds. All TRCS team members are unpaid volunteers who began the project after becoming dismayed with NASA's increasing advocacy for alarmist man-made climate change theories.

what is there agenda?
no grant here

Quoting the Heartland Institute with anything but a smirk on your face doesn't impress me. This is all you've got, really? None of the members of "The Right Climate Stuff" are climate scientists, and none of them have conducted any climate research, much less published any climate research. You might as well compile a list of dental hygienists who don't like the way brain surgeons do their jobs.

In a 71 trillion dollar world economy, 1 billion dollars per day is trifling. Moreover, it is an investment in the future, an investment that will pay dividends in the future.

really?
365 billion dollars being use to do what each year?
and your point is this money could not help any people who are hungry but will stop glaobal warming?
must be working because temps here are suppose to be 20 degrees below normal this weekend
and
was it we were suppose to have allot more hurricanes are fewer?
what about NONE?

In a 71 trillion dollar world economy, 1 billion dollars per day is trifling. Moreover, it is an investment in the future, an investment that will pay dividends in the future.

really?
and your point is this money could not help any people who are hungry but will stop glaobal warming?
must be working because temps here are suppose to be 20 degrees below normal this weekend
and
what about NONE?

Alternative energy sources that don't emit ghgs are putting people to work (i.e., feeding people), and reducing emissions - and stop pretending that local weather and global climate are the same. Are you really this stupid?

really?
and
what about NONE?

Temperatures that are below normal are caused by global warming.

No, really....

{“I appreciate the question,” Gore wrote on his website.

“As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now and they say that increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming.” }

Gore: Global Warming Causing Record Cold, Snow

Turns out average temperatures and higher than normal temperatures are also the fault of global warming.

really?
and
what about NONE?

No, really....

“As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now and they say that increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what they have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming.” }

Turns out average temperatures and higher than normal temperatures are also the fault of global warming.

I cannot keep up with what I am suppose to be seeing
this has been the coolest and wettest summer in years were I am working
no Hurricanes, I mean not 1 on the east coast made land fall

we had snow in the mountains in NC last week

It's all caused by Global Warming.

Another billion dollar study confirmed it!

really?
and
what about NONE?

No, really....

Kr8AG8B.png

These really do come in handy.

LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics | Fox News

The liberal media is getting so much worse every day

I hear they ban letters from pederasts and people who write about eating their own feces too.

Hardly makes them liberal.

No point in wasting the readers time with idiocy and insanity.

I agree
but there are two sides to the "climate chnage" story and one side wants more money from me
That is a HUGE difference than eating your own feces

LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics | Fox News

The liberal media is getting so much worse every day

I hear they ban letters from pederasts and people who write about eating their own feces too.

I agree
but there are two sides to the "climate chnage" story and one side wants more money from me

Well, unless you are willing to live like a 13th century monk, you are going to have to do like the rest of us and start paying for the pollution you are emitting. Or else help us mitigate it. Either way, stop your whining. It is unbecoming.

I agree

Well, unless you are willing to live like a 13th century monk, you are going to have to do like the rest of us and start paying for the pollution you are emitting. Or else help us mitigate it. Either way, stop your whining. It is unbecoming.

so if I dis agree with you I am whining?
and who said anything about not doing the right thing?
do you have any idea how much your light bill has went up to pay for these scrubbers?

Prices are climbing, too, hitting a record 11.8 cents per residential kilowatt hour so far this year, reports the Energy Information Administration. The increase reflects higher fuel prices and the expense of replacing old power plants, including heavily polluting &#8212; but cheap to operate &#8212; coal plants that don't meet federal clean air requirements.
Household electricity bills skyrocket ? USATODAY.com

I think we are doing a very good job. GWB mandated that vehicles increse there MPG more than any president before him

Bush signs bill boosting car fuel economy - Business - Oil & energy | NBC News
The legislation increases the federal standard automakers must meet to an industry wide 35 mpg for passengers cars, SUVs and small trucks. The standard for cars today is 27.5 mpg and for trucks and SUVs 22.2 mpg.

It requires refineries to increase the use of ethanol from about 6 billion gallons a year this year to 36 billion gallons by 2022 and mandates that by then at least 21 billion gallons are to come from feedstocks other than corn.

Bush praised that provision which would spur the development of ethanol from cellulosic feedstocks such as prairie grass and wood chips.

&#8220;We understand the hog growers are getting nervous. The price of corn is up,&#8221; said the president.

while all of this is going on alll you do is claim the conservatives are whining and living in the 13th century?
Okay

How many pro-climate-change speakers get time on FOX?

What are people bitching about?

the Media have the absolute right to print or broadcast what they want.

They are under no obligation to provide alternative POVs, or fair time for opossing views, either.

How many pro-climate-change speakers get time on FOX?

What are people bitching about?

the Media have the absolute right to print or broadcast what they want.

They are under no obligation to provide alternative POVs, or fair time for opossing views, either.

I agree
but they no longer are in my Opinion anything but propoganda
as far as Fox goes
they allways have opposing views on there shows

Michael Clemente, Fox News&#8217;s executive vice president for news editorial, compared her favorably to Geraldine Ferraro, the Democratic vice-presidential candidate who was one of Fox&#8217;s roster of liberals.

&#8220;Sally is like Gerry: she says whatever&#8217;s on her mind,&#8221; Mr. Clemente said in a telephone interview. &#8220;She has some fresh thoughts,&#8221; he said, adding, &#8220;She&#8217;s not part of the pack.&#8221;

In the last couple of weeks, Ms. Kohn has, among appearances on Fox, put forth the argument for President Obama&#8217;s re-election, discussed women voters and the election and debated whether Ann Romney has been treated unfairly by the women of &#8220;The View.&#8221; &#8220;If this is grilling, I don&#8217;t think anybody has been to a barbecue,&#8221; she said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/29/b...l-pundit-is-in-the-spotlight-at-fox.html?_r=0

I agree

No, you are just whining is all.

do you have any idea how much your light bill has went up to pay for these scrubbers?

If I am able to breath better because of the scrubbers, I am willing to pay more. Are you?

I think we are doing a very good job. GWB mandated that vehicles increse there MPG more than any president before him

And Obama has mandated even more increases.

If I am able to breath better because of the scrubbers, I am willing to pay more. Are you?

Yes he did
not much
but he got the propoganda
also GWB did his bi partisan
again, why do you keep thinking inforamtion has anything to do with agreeing or not?

The thing that confuses me about this Climate Change is we as a country have done so much to improve our foot print in this country, yet those who seek carbon off sets (more cash from the middle class) act as though it is getting worse

Yes he did
not much
but he got the propoganda
also GWB did his bi partisan
again, why do you keep thinking inforamtion has anything to do with agreeing or not?

The thing that confuses me about this Climate Change is we as a country have done so much to improve our foot print in this country, yet those who seek carbon off sets (more cash from the middle class) act as though it is getting worse

We emit at least 25% of the global manmade ghgs, dude. So no, we haven't done nearly enough.

Forum List

Back