🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics

No, you are just whining is all.

If I am able to breath better because of the scrubbers, I am willing to pay more. Are you?

And Obama has mandated even more increases.

Yes he did
not much
but he got the propoganda
also GWB did his bi partisan
again, why do you keep thinking inforamtion has anything to do with agreeing or not?

The thing that confuses me about this Climate Change is we as a country have done so much to improve our foot print in this country, yet those who seek carbon off sets (more cash from the middle class) act as though it is getting worse

We emit at least 25% of the global manmade ghgs, dude. So no, we haven't done nearly enough.

and your point?
see we get back to one saying its bad and one saying its not and even some saying it is good
Smog?
very bad
At the end of the day we are improving daily in this country
we are leaps ahead of where we were in the 70s
and we will continue to getr better without paying one penny for a carbon offset

We emit at least 25% of the global manmade ghgs, dude. So no, we haven't done nearly enough.

Do your part.

Turn off your macbook - it's creating carbon! Throw out your iPhone and go live in a cave like a Sasquatch and, wait I was going to say stop showering, but no need.....

Sorry, I have no MacBook or iPhone. Reducing emissions is not about going back to the stone age. It is about using alternative energy and learning to use LESS energy. Take a look at the planet at night and tell me we don't waste a shit load of energy.

earthlights_dmsp.jpg

Yes he did
not much
but he got the propoganda
also GWB did his bi partisan
again, why do you keep thinking inforamtion has anything to do with agreeing or not?

The thing that confuses me about this Climate Change is we as a country have done so much to improve our foot print in this country, yet those who seek carbon off sets (more cash from the middle class) act as though it is getting worse

and your point?
see we get back to one saying its bad and one saying its not and even some saying it is good
Smog?
very bad
and we will continue to getr better without paying one penny for a carbon offset

With regard to smog, that's true. But air pollution is still very bad in this country, and the ghg emissions are higher than they've ever been, and keeps growing. So my point is that we haven't done nearly enough. Did you not understand it the first time?

Last edited:

and your point?
Smog?
very bad

With regard to smog, that's true. But air pollution is still very bad in this country, and the ghg emissions are higher than they've ever been, and keeps growing. So my point is that we haven't done nearly enough. Did you not understand it the first time?

My point is two fold
1) any improvement in conjunction with job creation is good
2) any improvement that does not include more money from the consumer is good

for example combined cycle power plants that use natrual gas
good
but dont throw the baby out with the bath water to make use of these

and your point?
Smog?
very bad

My point is two fold

good

So what you are saying is that you want your cake and eat it too. If only life actually worked that way. As consumers, we are as responsible for the problem as anyone. If we are going to solve the problem, we are going to have to be a part of the solution. And that is going to cost us money regardless of the solution.

My point is two fold

good

So what you are saying is that you want your cake and eat it too. If only life actually worked that way. As consumers, we are as responsible for the problem as anyone. If we are going to solve the problem, we are going to have to be a part of the solution. And that is going to cost us money regardless of the solution.

You know the issue with being a liberal?
Its never enough. you cannot see the forest for the trees in your way
I pay 12,000 a year in income tax
I pay 3.50 a gallon for fuel that has 0.50 cents a gallon tax on it0.18 in federal tax not including the corporate tax I help pay
the next new car I will buy gets 300% better MPG than my first one did
my light bill has a bunch of govt. regulations attached to the price

And you say cake and eat it?
you need to stop listening to these radicals that put this BS out there

Gravity is only a theory. Scientists can't even say what it is, other than the "force" called gravity. But all scientists agree that it is real.

If gravity was somehow cutting into the Koch Bros profits they would have "scientists" tomorrow who would dispute the existence of gravity.

Do your part.

Turn off your macbook - it's creating carbon! Throw out your iPhone and go live in a cave like a Sasquatch and, wait I was going to say stop showering, but no need.....

It never ceases to amaze me that so MANY conservatives have a constant habit of exaggerating their fears of change to the point that their argument becomes patently ridiculuous which accomplishes little more than to make them look irrational in the process.

Consequently, I can't understand why you guys keep on doing it.

My point is two fold

good

I pay 3.50 a gallon for fuel that has 0.50 cents a gallon tax on it0.18 in federal tax not including the corporate tax I help pay

Erm, what? What radicals, where? The products you buy are not created in a vacuum. For instance, that gas you pay $3.50/gal for is stored in storage tanks and dispensed at facilities that take a huge toll on the environment. Between 1988 and 1998, over 100 billion dollars was spent (largely with taxpayer money) to clean up the largest environmental damage this country has ever seen due to decades of willful negligence on the part of storage tanks owners and operators, and the oil companies and their jobbers. Much of that money came from those gas taxes. And the tax is still there because these tanks still fail, and spills still occur despite all the upgrades. You seem to be bragging that your next car will get better gas mileage, but appear to be oblivious to the fact that that would never have been possible had the government not forced, via regulation, the automakers into building such vehicles.

You need to have a reality check there, pal.

Erm, what? What radicals, where? The products you buy are not created in a vacuum. For instance, that gas you pay $3.50/gal for is stored in storage tanks and dispensed at facilities that take a huge toll on the environment. Between 1988 and 1998, over 100 billion dollars was spent (largely with taxpayer money) to clean up the largest environmental damage this country has ever seen due to decades of willful negligence on the part of storage tanks owners and operators, and the oil companies and their jobbers. Much of that money came from those gas taxes. And the tax is still there because these tanks still fail, and spills still occur despite all the upgrades. You seem to be bragging that your next car will get better gas mileage, but appear to be oblivious to the fact that that would never have been possible had the government not forced, via regulation, the automakers into building such vehicles.

really?
you just proved my point with that thread
where all ready headed in the right direction
you libs just want more cash and do not give a shit about our world
and the spills?

ask your self why oil companies have to drill in places that are miles deep and not in Florida where there is an abundance of oil? (as an example)

really?
and the spills?

ask your self why oil companies have to drill in places that are miles deep and not in Florida where there is an abundance of oil? (as an example)

Right. I don't give a shit about the spills, even though I allowed myself to be exposed to gasoline and other hazardous chemicals for nearly 20 years while cleaning up these sites. :mad:

really?
and the spills?

Right. I don't give a shit about the spills, even though I allowed myself to be exposed to gasoline and other hazardous chemicals for nearly 20 years while cleaning up these sites. :mad:

That is what we call a choice
and for the record, if you make the mess you should be held in account for it
I never said I was in favor of stupid/lazy/not doing the right thing

Arguing against climate change, is like arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

That's why they don't publish your dumbass letters.

The argue is not about the change in climate
The argue is what is we do that adds to it
and
what is money going to do to fix it

Today the temp were I am is 10 degrees below normal
it is snowing 40 miles from here. I am in the south
in the morning it is going to be 18-20 degrees below normal
that is change in the climate I would argue

Now why and the "fix" is open for debate

It is called common sense

really?
and the spills?

That is what we call a choice
and for the record, if you make the mess you should be held in account for it
I never said I was in favor of stupid/lazy/not doing the right thing

Environmental consultants don't make the messes. They clean them up. You didn't know this? Huh.

Arguing against climate change, is like arguing gravity plays no role in plane crashes.

and

For the hundredth time, local weather and global climate are NOT the same thing.

and

For the hundredth time, local weather and global climate are NOT the same thing.

Your really sporty on this
SO where I live is not part of the global climate
think about what you just stated
My climate does not count because it does not fit the agenda?
again most of this is common sense
Last wniter was above avg here
in 2010 where I was it was way below normal
1000 miles from where I am today

you have your opinion and I have mine
where we dis agree is how much money does it take to fix it, our do we cut down on pollution because it is the right thing to do no matter the agenda behind it
I am currently putting in a ZLDS system
this will allow much of the H20 used by the plant to be captured, treated and re-used
this will eliminate dumping back into the aqufier and taking allot less from the same

It is called doing the right thing and that right thing has made the power bill here local to go up

I got no issue with it, neither do most of the consumers
it is called a win-win
Yet you Libs ignore these events and keep demanding we have some sort of carbon tax
thats were your losing 100% of your cerdibility

Forum List

Back