🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ lab grown meat : a great investment, due to climate change

I've been a vegetarian since I was about 5-years old.

I'm not a hippy or a pontificating leftie (before anyone jumps at me on it) - I don't care if people eat animals.

My reason for it is pretty lame. When I was 5 my Grandmother knew a guy that worked in a meat market joined onto a Slaughterhouse in Glasgow.

She had the bright idea one day, taking me as a 5-year old, to the meat market, to see the man she knew to buy meat.

I've no idea why she thought that would be a good idea because the minute I seen the guys with white coats covered in blood and animals strung up on hooks all skinned and seen the sheep, lambs, cows etc getting ushered up the ramp into the abattoir section then it traumatised me to the point that any time I've tried to put it past my lips since, I've gagged.

So my reasons are purely because I'm really fussy and squeamish rather than any morality reasons.

My outlook has always been that if no-one ate meat, then the animals wouldn't have had their time spent alive in the first instance and any life that they have anyway - however I do feel strongly about humane slaughter. Everyone should unless they're a complete sociopath or something.

There's also something to be said about welfare while they're alive and the focus shouldn't only be on the end part of their life. People get up in arms over the killing part but probably ignore the factory farming and other farming practices (not saying all farms and practices are bad btw)

The point I'm getting too (in regards this lab-grown/plant-based meat) is simply if this stuff can be produced with such simplicity in a factory and it takes off and eventually replaces meat you're essentially collapsing major markets all over the world into recession. If this production eventually reaches a peak-point then jobs such as farming, butchering, abattoir work, packing plants etc all vanish over night and everything that's directly attached to the industry like farm equipment sales, feed lots, factory equipment - the list is endless - the only parts of the supply chain that will be kept and aligned would be the likes of transporting the new product in place of the meat.

I know that endgame is a long way away and will probably never happen, but I often wonder if the utopians get their way, then how do they compensate for that? unemployment would go up by millions IMO - would there be something to counter and offset that?

Thanks for sharing your story. What you said reminded me of this saying:

child-apple-340-2.jpg
You never took a kid hutting before?

I'm not a hippy or a pontificating leftie (before anyone jumps at me on it) - I don't care if people eat animals.

My reason for it is pretty lame. When I was 5 my Grandmother knew a guy that worked in a meat market joined onto a Slaughterhouse in Glasgow.

She had the bright idea one day, taking me as a 5-year old, to the meat market, to see the man she knew to buy meat.

I've no idea why she thought that would be a good idea because the minute I seen the guys with white coats covered in blood and animals strung up on hooks all skinned and seen the sheep, lambs, cows etc getting ushered up the ramp into the abattoir section then it traumatised me to the point that any time I've tried to put it past my lips since, I've gagged.

So my reasons are purely because I'm really fussy and squeamish rather than any morality reasons.

My outlook has always been that if no-one ate meat, then the animals wouldn't have had their time spent alive in the first instance and any life that they have anyway - however I do feel strongly about humane slaughter. Everyone should unless they're a complete sociopath or something.

There's also something to be said about welfare while they're alive and the focus shouldn't only be on the end part of their life. People get up in arms over the killing part but probably ignore the factory farming and other farming practices (not saying all farms and practices are bad btw)

The point I'm getting too (in regards this lab-grown/plant-based meat) is simply if this stuff can be produced with such simplicity in a factory and it takes off and eventually replaces meat you're essentially collapsing major markets all over the world into recession. If this production eventually reaches a peak-point then jobs such as farming, butchering, abattoir work, packing plants etc all vanish over night and everything that's directly attached to the industry like farm equipment sales, feed lots, factory equipment - the list is endless - the only parts of the supply chain that will be kept and aligned would be the likes of transporting the new product in place of the meat.

I know that endgame is a long way away and will probably never happen, but I often wonder if the utopians get their way, then how do they compensate for that? unemployment would go up by millions IMO - would there be something to counter and offset that?
People will still need to eat so I don't see why at least most of the people who are employed in the meat and dairy industries can't just transition to working with other products

The good news is, that has been happening around the world.... slowly but surely.

There's a really good documentary that I HIGHLY recommend called "Peaceable Kingdom - The Journey Home." It's about former farmers and cattle ranchers who began to question their way of life and ended up having a total change of heart.

Here's the link, if anyone wants to watch it:

I don't really have the heart to watch things like that. I don't like animals suffering, or being abused - even if it's a nice story in the end.

If I remember correctly, that documentary doesn't really show much of that sort of thing. It's not about that, it's about the journey those farmers and ranchers went through, and they tell their story, but overall it's watchable and positive.

I get that but there's going to be some reference regards to the error of their ways to piece together the happy ending. Even if that's minimal, it's inuendo and that will consume me. I'd just rather not.

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.

Never in this lifetime. No frankenfood for me. If God didn’t grow it, I’m not eating it. I don’t even like the the gray tasteless beef you get from the factory farms.

I have a medical problem and get very sick if I eat processed foods or those with a lot of chemicals. Eating at McDonald’s leads to 3 days of pain and diarrhea.

I’ll go vegetarian before I eat that crap.
Climate change . What even a half wit calls Summer, Winter, Spring , and Fall. Some with shit for brains just got too have doom and gloom in their pathetic, worthless life If it makes you feel better send me money and I'll send you a carbon credit

Hunting? Nope. I know that's a somewhat controversial topic and I don't want to open up that whole can of worms... but I think it's better to teach kids compassion and mercy. Kids naturally love animals, so the callousness that comes later in life is not natural, it is taught / conditioned.

child-apple-340-2.jpg

Hunting? Nope. I know that's a somewhat controversial topic and I don't want to open up that whole can of worms... but I think it's better to teach kids compassion and mercy. Kids naturally love animals, so the callousness that comes later in life is not natural, it is taught / conditioned.

Back to the topic do you know if lab meat is protein or just veggies?

child-apple-340-2.jpg

I'm no expert, but lab grown meat is actual meat... just created in a lab. (So it's good for people who like meat but don't like the ethical or environmental issues that go along with it.)

Veggie burgers are an entirely different story, they are made with all plantbased ingredients.

child-apple-340-2.jpg

I'm no expert, but lab grown meat is actual meat... just created in a lab. (So it's good for people who like meat but don't like the ethical or environmental issues that go along with it.)

Veggie burgers are an entirely different story, they are made with all plantbased ingredients.
Just googled it, I guess it is /has protein ...

Lab-grown meat is composed primarily of animal cells, starting out as a biopsy taken from a living animal which is then grown into masses of cells.Nov 11, 2020
sentientmedia.org › lab-grown-meat
Lab-Grown Meat: What Is Cultured Meat and How Is It Made?

child-apple-340-2.jpg

Lab-grown meat is composed primarily of animal cells, starting out as a biopsy taken from a living animal which is then grown into masses of cells.Nov 11, 2020

Yes. I'm curious to know why you asked? Protein is found in many places. And contrary to what people seem to think… most people don't have to worry about not getting enough protein. If anything, most people don't get enough fiber in their diet. The Standard American Diet is why Americans are constantly sick, on pharmaceutical drugs, and die from preventable diseases like heart disease and cancer.

I hate to make a Captain Obvious statement, but not everyone lives where you live, and not every place in the world has the same amount of rain. In California there was a drought for many years.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see chickens and cows as appetizing anymore, after what I've seen and learned. :dunno:

I have no desire to eat dead bodies.... especially the corpses of sick, antibiotic and pesticide-laden abused and tortured animals.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not stopping you.
Being personally involved in killing livestock (as I have) and taking it to the local butcher I can understand your revulsion in the process. Chickens especially are ill treated in captivity by big-box chicken companies. However disgusting as it may seem, humans eating meat (corpses) is the reason for our fast development out of the caves.

You are fortunate to live in an era where you can be a vegan. Perhaps that is what the next evolution of humans is going to be, time will tell.

Yes, I'm curious to know why you asked? Protein is found in many places. And contrary to what people seem to think… most people don't have to worry about not getting enough protein. If anything, most people don't get enough fiber in their diet. The Standard American Diet is why Americans are constantly sick, on pharmaceutical drugs, and die from preventable diseases like heart disease and cancer.
Link?

child-apple-340-2.jpg

Yes. I'm curious to know why you asked? Protein is found in many places. And contrary to what people seem to think… most people don't have to worry about not getting enough protein. If anything, most people don't get enough fiber in their diet. The Standard American Diet is why Americans are constantly sick, on pharmaceutical drugs, and die from preventable diseases like heart disease and cancer.
I have a super high metabolism. Even at 55 years old I can't get fat

I hate to make a Captain Obvious statement, but not everyone lives where you live, and not every place in the world has the same amount of rain. In California there was a drought for many years.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see chickens and cows as appetizing anymore, after what I've seen and learned. :dunno:

I have no desire to eat dead bodies.... especially the corpses of sick, antibiotic and pesticide-laden abused and tortured animals.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not stopping you.
Being personally involved in killing livestock (as I have) and taking it to the local butcher I can understand your revulsion in the process. Chickens especially are ill treated in captivity by big-box chicken companies. However disgusting as it may seem, humans eating meat (corpses) is the reason for our fast development out of the caves.

You are fortunate to live in an era where you can be a vegan. Perhaps that is what the next evolution of humans is going to be, time will tell.

Thanks for your honest reply. I absolutely believe it is the future. I know this is controversial, but I have to disagree with your take on the history of it… As a Christian, I think Darwinian evolution is one of the biggest lies ever perpetrated on mankind. I believe what it says in Genesis 1, the first chapter of the Bible. We were vegetarian. Flesh eating came later, and then became the norm, but eating animals wasn't part of our original design.

Yes, I'm curious to know why you asked? Protein is found in many places. And contrary to what people seem to think… most people don't have to worry about not getting enough protein. If anything, most people don't get enough fiber in their diet. The Standard American Diet is why Americans are constantly sick, on pharmaceutical drugs, and die from preventable diseases like heart disease and cancer.
Link?

ETA: Here's a link on fiber intake:

Estimates say that only 5 percent of Americans meet their daily fiber requirements. Eating more dietary fiber, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes is an essential part of maintaining a healthy weight.

Last edited:

child-apple-340-2.jpg

I have a super high metabolism. Even at 55 years old I can't get fat

You're lucky. I was that way for most of my life. I was the type who had a hard time putting on weight. Now my metabolism has slowed down so now I can see why everyone else would get mad that some people can eat as much as they want and never gain weight, haha.

Sorry but when you couple the increase in "plant" substitutes and fake "meat" availability with people who are hell bent on making everyone vegan you get people who want to force you to use these things in place of the real thing
That's a strange response. I see the opposite. I'm not a perfect vegan, but plants are 99% of my diet. I've converted for most of the reasons people leave the carnivore diet.

Whenever the subject comes up, we get pounced upon the same way atheists pounce on Christians.

Birds were among the last creatures I've given up, because I always thought they her low on the food chain until I learned they too are sentient beings with the same range of emotions every other creature possesses.

This lady on tiktok and her interaction with birds caused me to "give up" birds from my diet. She operates an ostrich rescue

Link?

ETA: Here's a link on fiber intake:

Estimates say that only 5 percent of Americans meet their daily fiber requirements. Eating more dietary fiber, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes is an essential part of maintaining a healthy weight.

The need for fiber goes FAR beyond maintaining healthy weight, but I know you know that. It's a major factor in preventing cancer and cardiovascular disease. I only wish I took diet seriously a lot sooner.

I look fit, but over the last 5 years I've learned my diet over the decades has done SO MUCH damage to my body. I wish I took health seriously and understood in my 20s what I know now

I'd sooner become a vegetarian than eat my meat grown in a test tube by a government chemist
It's another CHOICE. It's fine if you reject it, but for others it may be a good CHOICE.

There are already MANY great faux meat choices if anyone wants them.

This is just another choice. Others have the same right to reject it like you or to accept it.

water, pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, cocoa butter, mung bean protein, methylcellulose, potato starch, apple extract, salt, potassium chloride, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower lecithin, pomegranate fruit powder, and beet juice extract

Beet juice? Apple extract? Pomegranate fruit powder? Vinegar? Lemon juice?

Yeah! Keep that unhealthy crap out of your body! :auiqs.jpg:

Top 10 Stocks to Invest in Lab-Grown Meat

i dare to predict that this will be BIG, and within a decade or so!

why? because of this :

Sorry, I don't buy the whole cow-fart fairy tale. Also, apparently we are supposed to believe that this lab grown meat "tastes just like chicken." No studies cited, no poll of actual consumers, just a vague threat that we should maybe get over any misconceptions we have and just eat the stuff...for the sake of the planet no less. Bottom line, if this lab-grown meat is 'exactly like chicken' the market will accept it. Otherwise we will all be made to accept it even if it tastes like shit because that is what the lefties that now run this country will decree.
I've made "chicken nuggets" out of tofu. It's really easy.

I've also made a burger out of banana peels believe it or not. I only did this as an experiment, but youd be surprised that 5he flavor and texture really does taste like a burger.

Forum List

Back