"Lace and Fineness, Beauty and Elegance"

95e7628c52e4934087d813f4b208d222.jpg

OK, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to historic costumes...I loved "The Tudors" for the costumes.

My mom made me a gown like that. Two, actually. So beautiful. I'm going to do some digging, see if I can find anything that resembles them.

The one I remember most had puffy sleeves down past the elbow, and then narrow to the wrist. It really was exquisite. I can't believe I somehow let it fall by the wayside as the years passed.

:thup:

Some things I see and there's just a small window of time when they are 'age appropriate.' Youth plays a big part in beauty. When they say "youth is wasted on the young," they're right. The worst of it is, most young women aren't aware of just how beautiful they are. Then they get older and think wow. I had NO IDEA.

What a waste.

07bf439f256c22a8290c00d5933e93a7.jpg

Holy, look at the coat on this sweetheart!

ae6ccb9d82008c0d2ee4a5a1c877e667.jpg

Holy cow, look at the legs! Clydesdales go to 17 hands. Vanners, 14-15.5. I like a horse I can mount without assistance.

No such horse exists for me.

*Was gonna say "I haz a short," but then I took it electrically, and now I can't stop laughing. Phone better not ring.

Holy, look at the coat on this sweetheart!

ae6ccb9d82008c0d2ee4a5a1c877e667.jpg

Holy cow, look at the legs! Clydesdales go to 17 hands. Vanners, 14-15.5. I like a horse I can mount without assistance.

No such horse exists for me.

*Was gonna say "I haz a short," but then I took it electrically, and now I can't stop laughing. Phone better not ring.

I am not as young and limber as I once was. If I were riding regularly, I might not be as concerned.

Forum List

Back