Laid Off

ORION83

Apr 21, 2015
United States
Friends husband was just laid off from job he has had for 11 years.IT/Computer etc. Outsourcing entire department to Philippines! Oh the wonderful joys of Capitalism. Bosses get richer,long term SKILLED employees get the shaft and slaves do work for pennies in Philippines....or should I say indentured servants.He is filing for unemployment but that's not the point...its wrong and should be stopped.

Friends husband was just laid off from job he has had for 11 years.IT/Computer etc. Outsourcing entire department to Philippines! Oh the wonderful joys of Capitalism. Bosses get richer,long term SKILLED employees get the shaft and slaves do work for pennies in Philippines....or should I say indentured servants.He is filing for unemployment but that's not the point...its wrong and should be stopped.
Tell him to ask BOBO why BOBO is so determined to sign a new trade deal that will further gut the middle class worker.

The USA has the highest corporate tax rate in the entire world. Was your friend a union member? Why is there no US tax penalty for sending jobs overseas?

How do you propose to stop outsourcing when its the only way some companies can survive?

That is a sob story.

The post office is always looking for good people interested in secure employment.

shit like this belongs on the board?

whining republicans need to man up, and shut up.

Or the left need to realize that it's their own policies that is causing this rather than Capitalism.
It isn't just about lower pay.
It has most to do with other countries that has;
Easy Business set up
Simple Tax system
Less Regulations.
Punishing our Businesses does not help to keep them here in the USA.

How exactly does a slave do his job if he was "skilled"?

Does not compute

Friends husband was just laid off from job he has had for 11 years.IT/Computer etc. Outsourcing entire department to Philippines!

The entire IT department? When a PC breaks over here, are they going to swim from the Philippines to fix it?

Now do you get that capitalism, businesses create jobs? And the lack of business creates a lack of jobs? This country was a friend to business, which in turn stayed in this country and hired Americans. You have been brainwashed into believing big business is the problem. In fact they are the solution.
Nafta was a bad thing. Taxing businesses out of this country is a bad thing. We need to stop biting the hand that feeds us, and stop the politicians that are promoting business in any other country but ours. < global initiative. Instead of thinking that it's time for a women president, ask Hillary why she has chosen India as her pet project instead of America. There are still businesses propelling growth, just not here..

Last edited:

Funny how everyone's so cool about capitalism until it bites them in their own ass.

Friends husband was just laid off from job he has had for 11 years.IT/Computer etc. Outsourcing entire department to Philippines!

The entire IT department? When a PC breaks over here, are they going to swim from the Philippines to fix it?

Are you kidding? We can't even process a chicken in this country. We send them to China and get them back 6 months later with God knows what was done to them before they send them back to us.
We have become completely impotent. The globe is winning. Capitalism works for everyone but us...

Taxes and high wages.

Thank you Democrats...

Funny how everyone's so cool about capitalism until it bites them in their own ass.

You're confused. Capitalism creates paychecks. Businesses leaving and taking their money with them bites people in their financial ass. Capitalism moving to China bites Americans in the ass. Jobs in India instead of here bites us in the ass. The person getting unemployed-ment now will be on welfare tomorrow. Bite that.

Taxes and high wages.

Thank you Democrats...

Should this be "Taxes and low wages."? This I can understand.

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg

Keep voting dimocrap.

You ain't seen nothing yet

In the meantime, unemployment continues.

Forum List

Back