🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends

What about the whole "Ocean" shutdown?

Just another example of Obozo KILLING any hope for the working class ...

Shutdown Day 3: Food distributor stalled, charter boat captains docked - Business - MiamiHerald.com

GUESS which National Park ISN'T closed :

The Only National Park Untouched By The Shutdown? Obama?s Golf Course |

Obama-b.jpg

President Obama and House Speaker John Boehner (R) Enjoy A Round Of Golf At Andrew’s Air Force Golf Course

Must be nice ...

We otta throw obongo and family out into da streets and tell him da white house is on federal land...:cool:

torches.jpg

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they're being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land.

Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They've been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn't an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they've owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.

"I had to go to town today and buy Ralph undershirts and jeans because I forgot his pants," Joyce Spencer told Action News.

The Stewart's Point home sits on federal land, so even though the Spencers own their cabin outright, they're not allowed in until the government reopens.

Park officials said property owners can visit only to retrieve belongings; they sent Action News a statement which reads in part, "Unfortunately overnight stays are not permitted until a budget is passed and the park can reopen."

Joyce Spencer said she's alright in the meantime, staying with nearby family, but the move was a lot to handle as a senior citizen.

"I had to be sure and get his walker and his scooter that he has to go in," Spencer said. "We're not hurt in any way except it might cost me if I have to go buy more pants."

The Lake Mead properties are considered vacation homes; one of the lease requirements to own a plot is people must have an alternative residence.

Regardless, the Spencers said it's their property and they should be allowed in, shutdown or not.

Link: Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends - www.ktnv.com

Federal Gov't kicking you out of your own home. Hmm

THey should have taken personal responsibility and not lived in a home on federal land.

You forget that I'm a rich Republican. I'm just letting you in on the truth, cause I've got nothing to sell.
You forget that no one believes you're rich or a Republican.

I could care less what you or anyone believe.

Based on evidence, the only reason that Republicans are against ACA, Obamacare, National Health Care, is the rich aren't getting a bigger chunk than the middle class.

Think about it. ACA provides voter registration which is BAD for Republicans.

Republicans want reduced environmental regulation which is GOOD for the rich, especially the Koch (teabagger money) Brothers with that mess in Michigan.

With ACA, insurance companies will be mandated 80% of their premiums collected toward claims which is BAD for the rich.

Really? What evidence is that? Oh yeah, there is no evidence. That means you're a tool.

I'm beginning to understand how the Jews ended up in the ovens.
Isn't anybody going to put up a fight

That is what I have been asking these nutters for years!

Are you fuckers ever going to get off your fat asses and into the streets?

And I don't mean going down to wave at the Koch Brothers' Freedom Bus.

Last edited:
Completely and utterly Insane situation. The President can over ride shit like this, giving an order to allow these people to return to their homes.

The Senate could have avoided this by passing the funding for the Parks given to them from GOP in the house.

They chose not to do so, so this shit happens. Obama chooses not to issue orders to allow these people to return, because RULES FOR RADICALS APPLY.

Take advantage from SHIT LIKE THIS. Problem, this is SOLELY THEIR DEAL as they could have stopped this or prevented this.

Poor USMB nutters......so certain that the way they see things is the way most Americans see them. How can anyone see this as anything other than Obama and the Democrats in the Senate being unwilling to compromise?

After all, the common sense GOP members of the House have offered bill after bill to fund these desperately needed government services. But noooooo! Those nasty, hateful Democrats led by their messiah are just trying to hurt Americans! The plan is to harm the economy so much that everyone needs to sign up for Obamacare! Anyone can see it!

Poor USMB nutters......so certain that the way they see things is the way most Americans see them. How can anyone see this as anything other than Obama and the Democrats in the Senate being unwilling to compromise?

After all, the common sense GOP members of the House have offered bill after bill to fund these desperately needed government services. But noooooo! Those nasty, hateful Democrats led by their messiah are just trying to hurt Americans! The plan is to harm the economy so much that everyone needs to sign up for Obamacare! Anyone can see it!

Ummmm

The Park Service is part of the Executive Dept. Ummmmm

They are throwing these people out of their houses.

Which part of that don't you understand.

Nice try at Deflection though,

Ummmm

You thought that was deflection, huh?

It was mocking you idiots. Not deflection.

Ummmm

Your side raises hell every chance it gets on your views, we simply fire back.

That's how this shit works, problem is your side is shutting down shit that shouldn't be shut down and there will always be a Back Lash.

Do you really think you will not take damage over this................

You just don't want to admit it. Both sides will get hit. The question is, who get's hit the most.

These articles just show the Gov't going out of their way to cause damage.

Ummmm

That's how this shit works, problem is your side is shutting down shit that shouldn't be shut down and there will always be a Back Lash.

You just don't want to admit it. Both sides will get hit. The question is, who get's hit the most.

Oh....don't get me wrong. I know that the nutter echo chamber will do a fine job of planting these ridiculous thoughts in the cavernous minds of the herp derps who live in the bubble. The 20-30% who buy every nutter lie that is sold will buy these as well. So....in that respect, the Dems will take a hit. They'll not win any new support from the idiot class.

But..once you get outside the bubble.....this shit gets really bad for the GOP.

I listen to a radio channel on SIRIUS called POTUS (Politics Of The United States). It is a decidedly non-partisan channel with hosts that are more milquetoast than David Gregory. They pretty much ask softballs and let guests say what they come to say. They also offer live feeds of policy speeches without commentary.

Well....one of the hosts was discussing this shutdown and how the parties are dealing with the backlash. He said that the Democrats are outpacing the Republicans 9-1 in terms of requesting appearances and accepting offers to appear since the shutdown began. Normally, it runs pretty even.

Do you know what that means? It means that the GOP has not solidified their messaging on this........this potato is way too hot for them......they are turning down air time.

Think about that.

Oh....don't get me wrong. I know that the nutter echo chamber will do a fine job of planting these ridiculous thoughts in the cavernous minds of the herp derps who live in the bubble. The 20-30% who buy every nutter lie that is sold will buy these as well. So....in that respect, the Dems will take a hit. They'll not win any new support from the idiot class.

But..once you get outside the bubble.....this shit gets really bad for the GOP.

I listen to a radio channel on SIRIUS called POTUS (Politics Of The United States). It is a decidedly non-partisan channel with hosts that are more milquetoast than David Gregory. They pretty much ask softballs and let guests say what they come to say. They also offer live feeds of policy speeches without commentary.

Well....one of the hosts was discussing this shutdown and how the parties are dealing with the backlash. He said that the Democrats are outpacing the Republicans 9-1 in terms of requesting appearances and accepting offers to appear since the shutdown began. Normally, it runs pretty even.

Do you know what that means? It means that the GOP has not solidified their messaging on this........this potato is way too hot for them......they are turning down air time.

Think about that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_60eWnIlK8]David Letterman Mines Government Shutdown for Laughs - YouTube[/ame]

Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends - www.ktnv.com
Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They've been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn't an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they've owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.
Obama has gone way to far!!!

Oh, wait, there's this tidbit...

The Lake Mead properties are considered vacation homes; one of the lease requirements to own a plot is people must have an alternative residence.

Not seeing a problem here. Government shutdowns HAVE CONSEQUENCES.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hMcmlQ2K6Q]Late-Night Comedians Slam Government Shutdown - YouTube[/ame]

This is what happens when Republicans shut down the government.

The REP did not shut down the government the President did for not negotiate with ANYTHING. NO TIME in American history has done that. That is quite dictatorship.. And that is what we have in office but you are too Obama love blind to see it

Forum List

Back