Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends

I don't, necessarily, disagree with you, but can someone present evidence that this DID NOT happen 17 years ago? Keep in mind the authoritarian police state nature of cops and the military has been drilled in the NPS too.

Well. I can't remember THAT - this is my first shutdown in the country :)

But I assume somebody here would remember exactly this - because it is a striking specific note of this shutdown - started with the Vets and then with a ranger admitting they were told to make people suffer and on previous notes that sequester also was a tool to make people suffer - it makes a tool in THIS administration ( not that I won't believe dimocraps won't do it 17 years ago, but I don't know)

You can't prove a negative. But no, this never happened in previous shutdowns. This is unprecedented.

Thank you

Fuck you, you ignorant prick. Who is giving the orders to the national park service? Ted Cruz?

what the hell is your problem???????

can't we talk about the shutdown without you cussin at people?

Obviously no. You are an ignorant partisan asshole. That makes discussion impossible because you cannot deal with the facts. THe facts are the Republicans have passed numerous measures and made many proposals to get past this and Obama and Reid have simply rejected every single one of them. Additionally Obama is making sure to inconvenience and cause loss to as many people as possible. National monuments that operate with no staff whatsoever and cost virtually nothing are being barricaded, costing thousands of dollars. The reason is transparent: make this as hard on people as they can so they blame the GOP. It will not work. It iwll backfire. Obama is stupid and out of control.

This is what happens when Republicans shut down the government.

Republicans don't like Obamacare, but not for the reasons they give.

1. Voter registration;

Republicans have plenty of reasons to dislike Obamacare already, but they haven’t focused on one that could affect them in 2014 and beyond: anyone signing up for insurance under the Affordable Care Act will also have a chance to register to vote.

Could Obamacare add more Democrats to the voter rolls? Yup.

2. Dems wouldn't bend on Republican wants for their VERY RICH backers.

Already being written into Republican debt extension legislation is defunding of ObamaCare for a full year, a reversal of environmental regulations on coal ash and industrial boilers, and a measure paving the way for construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline from Alberta, Canada to refineries in Louisiana.

House passes spending bill defunding ObamaCare. Is government shutdown next? | NOLA.com

3. Then there is the 80% rule. Where health insurers must spend 80% of premiums on actual healthcare. OMG!

4. Keep in mind that if Reagan hadn't screwed with the HMO act, Obamacare wouldn't be necessary.

Starting to see a pattern?

This is just more of that "Make the people suffer as much as possible but blame it on the Republicans" order that came from Obama and his people.

Republicans passed a bill fully funding stuff like this. Out of thousands of programs, they defunded one of them. The Democrats refused to act on it, they are the ones that shut down the government. The Obama Administration made the decision to include situations like this in the shutdown, Republicans had no input at all.

This is just more of that "Make the people suffer as much as possible but blame it on the Republicans" order that came from Obama and his people.

You should place blame where it belongs....the Republicans.

No. The people making and carrying out these orders work for the Executive Branch. Even with the government shutdown, someone in the Executive Branch is telling low level people to go out and shut down memorials and evict people and close roads.

Guess who runs the Executive Branch.

I'm beginning to understand how the Jews ended up in the ovens.
Isn't anybody going to put up a fight

We don't do that in this country anymore. We've bought into the idea that being civil and solving things at the ballot box actually work.

I would if I were a blindly partisan jackass, unable to think for myself.

But when I consider that the Republicans have voted on and passed many different bills which would have funded 99.99% of the Government and the Democats and Obama have refused to even bring them to a vote....

Then the shut down belongs to Obama and the Democrats. They are the ones refusing to fund the Government, not the Republicans.

Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends - www.ktnv.com
Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They've been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn't an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they've owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.
Obama has gone way to far!!!
Anytime parks, monuments, and recreation areas on government land are closed, visitors have to leave. This includes people that own vacation homes on government land, campers, and people staying in lodges, and concessionaires. The park service is responsible for the health and safety of visitors as well as the protection of government property. To allow visitors to remain after closure would be irresponsible.

But in any instance - this is unprecedented and has not been reported during previous shutdowns - because it is specifically designed to make people suffer by executive branch.

I don't, necessarily, disagree with you, but can someone present evidence that this DID NOT happen 17 years ago? Keep in mind the authoritarian police state nature of cops and the military has been drilled in the NPS too.

Well. I can't remember THAT - this is my first shutdown in the country :)

But I assume somebody here would remember exactly this - because it is a striking specific note of this shutdown - started with the Vets and then with a ranger admitting they were told to make people suffer and on previous notes that sequester also was a tool to make people suffer - it makes a tool in THIS administration ( not that I won't believe dimocraps won't do it 17 years ago, but I don't know)
In 1995, the Republicans shut the government down because of a battle over the budget with Clinton. Parks, monuments, CDC, passport agency, and a ton government offices closed. I was trying to visit the Grand Canyon and Mesa Verde. No one was allowed in the parks. The news media was filled with same accusations you see today, same song, second verse.

There have actually been 18 government shutdowns since 1976. The administration just drags out the old procedures which serve as a guide.
Government shutdown in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His Majesty, Obama is making the decisions as to what is shutdown and what is not. His goal is to punish, then 'rescue' the public from Republicans.

Obama is a goddamned Marxist!

You are just too much in love with him to realize the truth!

Why? They funded everything but the new ACA.

Sure, as long as environmental regulations are lowered and Keystone is passed. Wasn't it the Republicans that said they would pass ACA as long as the aforementioned were passed? PRIORITIES!

No. The people making and carrying out these orders work for the Executive Branch. Even with the government shutdown, someone in the Executive Branch is telling low level people to go out and shut down memorials and evict people and close roads.

Guess who runs the Executive Branch.

You're forgetting the cause. No ACA unless the rich get theirs.

I would if I were a blindly partisan jackass, unable to think for myself.

But when I consider that the Republicans have voted on and passed many different bills which would have funded 99.99% of the Government and the Democats and Obama have refused to even bring them to a vote....

Then the shut down belongs to Obama and the Democrats. They are the ones refusing to fund the Government, not the Republicans.

You forget that I'm a rich Republican. I'm just letting you in on the truth, cause I've got nothing to sell.

Forum List

Back