Lakerland

Mikan was never a Timberwolve.

Trivia question: How did the Clippers enter the NBA?

They moved from San Diego to LA, I predict this year both the Lakers and Celtics are going home in the first round of the playoffs, we are almost equally as pathetic.

The Clippers were the Buffalo Braves before SD. I think they go back to about 68 off the top of my head.

The West, which is much tougher than the East imo. Celts have much better odds. Also, Rondo always ups his game come the playoffs. He can carry them through any series. Though, the Heat would have to be pretty dang banged up.

You have to play perfect ball to beat the refs to get through Miami like Dallas did in 2011, Boston was close last year but that rigged game 2 really sealed the deal. In my opinion our team this year isn't as good as the one last year, on paper it looks better but our team last year was a tougher team that can grind out games, this new Celtics team doesn't play that kind of ball.

I don't hate Jerry West. I can't say I care anything for Donald Sterling's whooping boy. Nor do I hate the late George Mikan. He's one of my favorite Minnesota Timberwolves.
Mikan was never a Timberwolve.

Trivia question: How did the Clippers enter the NBA?

They moved from San Diego to LA, I predict this year both the Lakers and Celtics are going home in the first round of the playoffs, we are almost equally as pathetic.
They came into the NBA in 1973 as the Buffalo Braves with the Portland Trailblazers and Cleveland Cavaliers.

Bob McAdoo was their big starr.

The Clippers were the Buffalo Braves before SD. I think they go back to about 68 off the top of my head.
1973 with the Trailblazers and Cavaliers.
The West, which is much tougher than the East imo. Celts have much better odds. Also, Rondo always ups his game come the playoffs. He can carry them through any series. Though, the Heat would have to be pretty dang banged up.
Is it just me, or does Rondo look like the Planters Peanuts guy?

Yup. He was on the Minneapolis Timberwolves. The T-Wolves won like 5 championships with him. Personally, I think the LA Lakers should give the T-Wolves their name back.
Oh, shut-up!

May Dave Debutcher come over to your home and beat up your older....

....oops, almost broke the no family rule!

You have to play perfect ball to beat the refs to get through Miami like Dallas did in 2011, Boston was close last year but that rigged game 2 really sealed the deal. In my opinion our team this year isn't as good as the one last year, on paper it looks better but our team last year was a tougher team that can grind out games, this new Celtics team doesn't play that kind of ball.
The worst refereed series was the '83 Championship series between the Lakers and Sixers. That red-headed, piece of shit, Jess Kersey would call a foul everytime the Lakers would get a little momemtum going. Fuck that fucker! He just wanted to see Dr.J get a ring. That's all.

The worst refereed series was the '83 Championship series between the Lakers and Sixers. That red-headed, piece of shit, Jess Kersey would call a foul everytime the Lakers would get a little momemtum going. Fuck that fucker! He just wanted to see Dr.J get a ring. That's all.

I just got done watching a game or two of the 83 series. I didn't see anything that makes me agree with your analysis at all. And personally, I don' think the league had any interest in marketing a 37-year-old on the way out of the league. The Lakers were w/o Worthy and the Sixers went way deeper (arguably the deepest team in the history of the league). Nor was Magic playing at a dominant level yet. Also, the Sixers had the last 3 MVPs (4 of last 5). The Sixers had home court advantage. And going through the East, the Sixers were much more battle tested. The sweep was pretty easy to foresee. Also, the NBA's politics of rigging games really didn't begin til 84. That was when Stern became commish.

I just got done watching a game or two of the 83 series. I didn't see anything that makes me agree with your analysis at all. And personally, I don' think the league had any interest in marketing a 37-year-old on the way out of the league. The Lakers were w/o Worthy and the Sixers went way deeper (arguably the deepest team in the history of the league). Nor was Magic playing at a dominant level yet. Also, the Sixers had the last 3 MVPs (4 of last 5). The Sixers had home court advantage. The sweep was pretty easy to foresee. Also, the NBA's politics of rigging games really didn't begin til 84. That was when Stern became commish.
You've got to be blind as a bat not to have noticed Kersey's calls!

I just got done watching a game or two of the 83 series. I didn't see anything that makes me agree with your analysis at all. And personally, I don' think the league had any interest in marketing a 37-year-old on the way out of the league. The Lakers were w/o Worthy and the Sixers went way deeper (arguably the deepest team in the history of the league). Nor was Magic playing at a dominant level yet. Also, the Sixers had the last 3 MVPs (4 of last 5). The Sixers had home court advantage. The sweep was pretty easy to foresee. Also, the NBA's politics of rigging games really didn't begin til 84. That was when Stern became commish.
You've got to be blind as a bat not to have noticed Kersey's calls!

Do you have any examples? It's been a month or two since I watched Game 4. But I thought it was well officiated from what I recall.

I will say that I found it suspicious that the NBA was constantly using the same refs in the early 80's games. But I've watched enough that I've never subscribed to conspiracy theories outside of those oddities.

That was an era in which they played physical. If both teams were allowed to play physical then it was fair enough. Watch the 84 NBA Finals Game 6 and you'll see the advent of ghost fouls. They gave McHale 3 fouls in 3 minutes of play in the first half for nothing.

Do you have any examples? It's been a month or two since I watched Game 4. But I thought it was well officiated from what I recall.

I will say that I found it suspicious that the NBA was constantly using the same refs in the early 80's games. But I've watched enough that I've never subscribed to conspiracy theories outside of those oddities.

That was an era in which they played physical. If both teams were allowed to play physical then it was fair enough. Watch the 84 NBA Finals Game 6 and you'll see the advent of ghost fouls. They gave McHale 3 fouls in 3 minutes of play in the first half for nothing.
Well, that's okay.

Any carnege against the Celtics is well within the rules.

As far as Kersey, just look at the calls that red-headed fucker made.

Now it;s time to panic. the Lakers SUCK with D'Antoni. he sucks ass as a coach. I see why the Knicks ran him outta town. sheeesh!!! bad call Kobe...bad call.

You're a Celtics fan?

You're a Celtics fan?

Yes sir.

If the Lakers and The Green Meanies become irrelevant, I'll care about the NBA for around .............

7 or 8 seconds.

And so will most other people.

Last edited:
If the Lakers and The Green Meanies become irrelevant, I'll care about the NBA for around .............

7 or 8 seconds.

And so will most other people.
That ain't gonna happen!

We own more than half of all the titles in the history of the NBA.

The operative word is "own".

The Heat are a pile of mercenaries, much like that Laker team (yeech) of Malone, Payton, etc they tried to put together. They wouldn't stand a chance against the great Laker or Celtic teams of the 80's. They might win ONE game in a best-of-seven.

I'm a longtime Laker fan, and I said before this year started, 'If any of those four guys misses time ......"

Well, you've seen the results. We did nothing to address one of the worst benches in the league. Meta-be-free, or whatever silliness we wants to call himself, is incredibly inconsistant. Kobe will be worn to a frazzle by playoff time unless he gets some significant rest, and they don't win without him at peak performance.

Nash is back, bitches!

Tonight the Lakers hand the reins over
to thier little snow-back guard

Nash is back and the honeymoon is over for the rest of you little bitches in the NBA. It's time to embrace the horror and give us our title now. Moses has come down from the mountain and found the burning bush to be nothing more than a can of Oklahoma City sterno and brings only one commandment:

"Thou shall let my Lakers go!"​

On to the promise land, of coarse.

Kobe took 41 shots last night. Lakers aren't going anywhere if/when he keeps playing hero ball.
We've won 5 in a row and we're playing like a different team now. Nash is so good, he's just sick! He's like a caucasian Earvin Johnson. They outta start calling him "White Magic"!

What was that you said?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm aware the Clippers have won 15 in row, so you don't need to bring that shit up.

Forum List

Back