Landlords going broke.

Now that the adults are back in charge, things should be getting appreciably better.

How, by continuing the eviction moratoriums and then demanding property taxes be paid no matter what?
Property taxes, maintenance, repairs, utilities.

I just pointed out property taxes as the one thing the government can at least mitigate.

Absolutely. Seems to me the kind of promise the politicians made when they promised to be there for those suffering from the pandemic.

Very typical of liberal policies.
Governments openly invited people to not pay their rent. Openly.
And provided no mechanism to help property owners.
This is by design. The cities want those properties.

Or they want them for their large property holding/rental entities who are their buddies.
Either way... they want the properties.
Just like closing all small businesses. This created a GIANT shift in money from local/private hands into investable corporate hands.
Small businesses are uninvestable. Investors can't skim off the top. But if we can close 1,000,000s of small businesses - those sales will move into investable markets.... where they can skim off the top.
That is also by design.

To not go broke you have to be able to get people who can afford the rent to move in and that's the problem.

To note that politicians that said over and over that they would be there for those suffering under the pandemic were largely full of crap is a valid complaint but kick the people out. It's an endless hole.

How can new tenants move in if the non paying ones can't be kicked out?

The point was that new ones can not afford the rent either.

Which is moot if the landlords can't get rid of people in the first place.

Plenty of people still have jobs and can afford to move, I've had two friends alone move into new apartments/homes for rent.

Finally, an empty unit can have the heat turned to minimum, the power turned off, and uses no water. It also doesn't suffer normal wear and tear, or abnormal wear and tear.

The type of person who stops paying rent just because they can is probably the type of person who would trash an apartment they live in to "stick it to the man"

Can or has no choice?

The landlords are complaining about people who obviously can but are taking advantage of the moratorium.

To not go broke you have to be able to get people who can afford the rent to move in and that's the problem.

To note that politicians that said over and over that they would be there for those suffering under the pandemic were largely full of crap is a valid complaint but kick the people out. It's an endless hole.

Plenty of people still have jobs and can afford to move, I've had two friends alone move into new apartments/homes for rent.

Finally, an empty unit can have the heat turned to minimum, the power turned off, and uses no water. It also doesn't suffer normal wear and tear, or abnormal wear and tear.

The type of person who stops paying rent just because they can is probably the type of person who would trash an apartment they live in to "stick it to the man"

Can or has no choice?

The landlords are complaining about people who obviously can but are taking advantage of the moratorium.

There is no "obvious" here.

Now that the adults are back in charge, things should be getting appreciably better.

How, by continuing the eviction moratoriums and then demanding property taxes be paid no matter what?

I just pointed out property taxes as the one thing the government can at least mitigate.

Absolutely. Seems to me the kind of promise the politicians made when they promised to be there for those suffering from the pandemic.

The thing is the governments are going to need that property tax income because of the loss of other incomes.

Do any of the moratoriums include property tax relief for the landlords?

Can or has no choice?

Then how to prove it? Can the landlords ask for proof that the person isn't working?

The thing is the governments are going to need that property tax income because of the loss of other incomes.

Not that I know but I said that seems to be the kind of thing that should be done to offset the rent loss.

Can or has no choice?

Then how to prove it? Can the landlords ask for proof that the person isn't working?

There is no secret that many are financially suffering right now.

Not that I know but I said that seems to be the kind of thing that should be done to offset the rent loss.

Of course you don't know because you don't look shit up before you talk about it.

Squeeze the landlords until they abandon the properties. The government will slowly start taking ownership of private property. Housing will be fairly distributed. Destroy small business. The government will open distribution centers. Force restaurants to close. The government will open feeding centers.

Pretty soon you got Stalinist Russia.

From my link this is funny!

How is it funny?

They

How is it funny?

You don't think it's funny they spent 3 hours cleaning the fridge, then someone stole it?

No, I don't find somebody's misfortune and tragedy funny in the least, but then again, I'm not a big child like you.
Of course you don't because your a square

That's why you should check their voter registration when you do a background check on prospective tenants. Don't rent to Democrats.

Democratic party affiliation is an even better predictor of who will be a problem tenant than a poor credit history or a criminal record.

Last edited:
Rental markets are something of a "captive" market ... folks who rent typically don't have the option of purchasing their own home ... what I suspect will happen once the moratorium is lifted is that there will be a big wave of terminations ... and with the unit empty, landlords will raise rent to earn back the lost revenue ... and renters are going to have to pay it or be homeless ... whatever restrictions are on raising rents on existing tenancies generally don't apply between tenancies ... the sad part is once the landlord recovers the lost revenue with elevated rents, the rents will stay elevated and landlords will see much better profits going forward ... that was a very strict policy in my rental business, never pass an opportunity to profiteer ...

Landlords experienced a significant windfall during the Great Recession ten years ago ... people losing their own homes had to go into the rental market again ... though the government provided help to get the residential home market going again, this never reached the commercial market ... building new apartment complexes has lagged behind the general economic recovery ... rent was already inflationary and this new downturn is just adding to that ...

Being a landlord is NOT full time work ... they collect rents on the 1st, pay bills on the 2nd; that leaves plenty of time to work a professional job or serve on the State legislature ... you might be surprised how God-awful many of the legislators in this nation who themselves are landlords, or at least hold a position in real estate and housing ... the notion of a government composed of landlords actively seeking to destroy the landlord business is complete and utter nonsense ...

That doesn't mean some amateur and hobbyist landlords won't lose their ass ... morons are allowed to buy and rent housing ... and they do so in moron ways ... I've sat in a courtroom listening through hundreds and hundreds of landlord/tenant disputes ... some of these idiot landlords with some bat-shit crazy ideas on how the industry and law works is just baffling ... and expensive ... "oh no, your honor, I only hold Mexicans to this standard, white people always get a pass" ... that cost the landlord $15,000 on the spot ... amateur ...

So don't worry about landlords ... they'll just raise rents ... none of this will cost them a dime ...

One tenant moved out of a trashed apartment owing six months’ rent. It took three hours just to clean the refrigerator, Hussain said, then someone stole it.

when the property owners go bankrupt, the government goes bankrupt ...WTG Psychocrats

Forum List

Back