🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lapid: Teach Hareidi Kids English, Secular Kids Talmud

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
In his first Knesset speech as a member of the plenum, Yesh Atid head Yair Lapid touched on a variety of topics

According to Lapid, all Israelis must obey the law, whether they agree with it or not. “Israeli law cannot survive under threats of violence and disobedience,” he said. “Anyone who wants his voice to be heard has permission to do so, but they must realize that if the state decided against their wishes, they must obey that decision, even if it violates all that is holy in their eyes.”

Lapid then turned his attention to the Hareidi draft issue. “The discussion on this issue has generated talk of a civil war. There will be no civil war in the wake of the Hareidi draft issue.” The Hareidim, he said, were no more than 10% of the Israeli population, “and 10% of the population will not threaten a civil war against the other 90%.
”

Lapid: Teach Hareidi Kids English, Secular Talmud - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

Sounds like a good idea to me! it also wouldn't hurt to have more 'exchange programs' with the Muslim citizenry, to help build on common goals and interests.

I am not sure to exacly what you mean in the second part of your sentence, can you please explain further?

And in the highschool where I learned, It's not a religious school, but the teach Gemara and Hebrew law for more than 3 years now, for secular children. Indeed, blessed step!:D

Forum List

Back