Las Vegas shooting - a point not yet made

So you AGREE:
The number of casualties he created was limited by his choice of weapon
Good.
No, I neither agree or disagree,
Are you or are you not aware of the fact he had within his means to choose weapons that could have significantly increased his casualty count?
I don't know how HE would have fared with them. And it's irrelevant.

It's irrelevant and I have already stated.
You cannot demonstrate how anything I have said is irrelevant to my point.

His ARs were effective, I don't know how he would have done with anything else given he had no training, the options he used were effective.

So, what is the point of your thread? That the AR isn't the most powerful weapon? Ok, so what?

Are you or are you not aware of the fact he had within his means to choose weapons that could have significantly increased his casualty count?
Look at you - unable to honestly address the question, and then dishonestly declare that question irrelevant.
His ARs were effective, I don't know how he would have done with anything else given he had no training, the options he used were effective.
And thus, you cannot demonstrate how anything I said is irrelevant to my point.

Let's try again:
I look forward to your continued avoidance.

How do you aim a quarter mile away with no scope?
Add 2.5 minutes elevation.
He could not see that far. You seem unfamiliar with how he sprayed and prayed to hit people. He could no more see his targets than Dolly Parton can see her shoes!
:lol:
Um...
You think you can't see man-sized targets at 400yds, and hit them with iron sights?
Yes, he sprayed and prayed, but that doesn't mean he couldn't see what he was shooting at.
You are shooting those man-sized targets in the dark while they are moving?
The area was lit by the surrounding ambient light, and he was elevated.
There's no reason to think he could not see what he was shooting at.
The stench of bullshit in your posts is overpowering!
I'm sorry you aren't familiar with firearms at the basic level.

Concerts are dark for a reason dumbass!

You haven't proved anything. While I can demonstrate that a guy with several ARs, extended clips and bump stocks can commit the largest mass shooting to date.
But limited his casualty count by his choice of weapon.
Bullshit. Is that what you were going for? That makes no sense.
Sure it does.
He could have easily chose weaponry that would have greatly increased the number of casualties.
Thus, the damage he caused was limited by the weapons he chose.
How would ge get access to that type of weaponry? Care to explain?
M1917A1 for sale. 2, actually.
M1919s and M60s, too.
Belt Guns | DealerNFA
That's why your argument is bullshit. You made a claim and failed to provide any support for your asinine logic.
Do I -really- need to explain the capacity of such a weapon to increase the number of casualties in this incident?

Do I really need to tell you that you must have a license to own a machine gun such as that ancient POS?

OK, but I'm not sure of your point.
I do not think he could have shoot from one window to another because of his age and also his state of health.
I don't really think that would have been that large of a factor.
I believe so, There is the distance of the two windows and the number of shots for someone of this age and also not in perfect health.
You’ve asked questions that indicate you don’t even understand the AR15 and then you go on to pontificate and opine on how he would’ve been able to handle that weapon. Why don’t you just go research firearms and learn about them yourself? It’s ridiculous that you’re giving opinions on something you’ve clearly indicated you don’t even understand.
I did not know that I had to ask your permission to ask a question? and you are wrong, I said that Paddock had health problems and that he would have had trouble getting from one window to another (if he did drink and took medication). as I said in one of my posts that you could read, he drank and was on medication and no Admiral Rockwell Tory, I was not there to see if he had really taken his medicine

I am almost 59 years old and do simulated combat against special operations troops from 3 services. One of my cohorts is over 60 and recently had a heart attack. I carry an AK-47 loaded with blanks around our urban combat range.

You obviously have no clue how easy to operate an AR-15 is. My grandsons who are 10 and 13 have no problem with it. My 62 year-old wife has a hip replacement and still has no problem with it.

What you are doing is making a huge assumption based on facts not in evidence.

Editing my posts again?
Fact:
He could have easily bought a water-cooled M1917 machine gun w/ a tripod and fired 4-5 thousand rounds of .30-06 into that crowd in that same 10 minutes.
Why do you refuse to understand how this would significantly increase his casualty count?
Fact:
The number of casualties he created was limited by his choice of weapon.
Why do you refuse to understand this?

No he could NOT have easily bought a water-cooled M1917.

You haven't proved anything. While I can demonstrate that a guy with several ARs, extended clips and bump stocks can commit the largest mass shooting to date.
But limited his casualty count by his choice of weapon.
Bullshit. Is that what you were going for? That makes no sense.
Sure it does.
He could have easily chose weaponry that would have greatly increased the number of casualties.
Thus, the damage he caused was limited by the weapons he chose.

How would ge get access to that type of weaponry? Care to explain?

That's why your argument is bullshit. You made a claim and failed to provide any support for your asinine logic.

You just need the right paperwork and you can get that weapon....since he obviously didn't have a criminal background that would pinged and would keep him from getting one, since he obviously had the time and the money.

He used the word "easily" as though he could walk into a gun store down the street and carry it to the hotel room. Also, would that not be a little more difficult to conceal in your luggage?

And yet, you STILLcannot, with specificity, demonstrate how the fact an AR was used to create the most casualties in any mass shooting address, let along negate, the fact the number of casualties he created was limited by his choice of weapon.

Why do I need to describe with specificity? Seems irrelevant. He did it. I don't think he'd have the same success with a bolt action rifle. Or a handgun. I'm sure you think you could beat his record though nobody else has.

In the time he had a bolt action rifle would have worked to kill more people....he could have used a bigger bullet and actually hit more people with fewer bullets used.........he wouldn't have been firing over the crowd because he wouldn't have been using a bump stock.....

Doubt the guy had the skills.

What skill do you have to have to shoot into a tightly packed crowd of 22,000 people in a surprise attack, from a concealed position with the concert hiding the sound of your shooting?
Not just that, but an elevated position to boot. He could’ve just tossed 1 grenade into the crowd and killed more people than he did with over 1000 rounds fired.

You don't anything about grenades, do you?

Look at you - unable to honestly address the question, and then dishonestly declare that question irrelevant.
And thus, you cannot demonstrate how anything I said is irrelevant to my point.

Let's try again:
I look forward to your continued avoidance.

My God, a fucking parrot got access to a computer and is posting the same drivel over and over again!

Stop it!

I do not think he could have shoot from one window to another because of his age and also his state of health.
I believe so, There is the distance of the two windows and the number of shots for someone of this age and also not in perfect health.
You’ve asked questions that indicate you don’t even understand the AR15 and then you go on to pontificate and opine on how he would’ve been able to handle that weapon. Why don’t you just go research firearms and learn about them yourself? It’s ridiculous that you’re giving opinions on something you’ve clearly indicated you don’t even understand.
I did not know that I had to ask your permission to ask a question? and you are wrong, I said that Paddock had health problems and that he would have had trouble getting from one window to another (if he did drink and took medication). as I said in one of my posts that you could read, he drank and was on medication and no Admiral Rockwell Tory, I was not there to see if he had really taken his medicine

I am almost 59 years old and do simulated combat against special operations troops from 3 services. One of my cohorts is over 60 and recently had a heart attack. I carry an AK-47 loaded with blanks around our urban combat range.

You obviously have no clue how easy to operate an AR-15 is. My grandsons who are 10 and 13 have no problem with it. My 62 year-old wife has a hip replacement and still has no problem with it.

From my old thread :westwall : Bump stocks are physically very tiring. I was talking to one of the fbi agents involved in the investigation and they agree that he had to stop and take a break because he was so fatigued.
And do you think there was a lot of mass shooting from a 60 year old man?

From my old thread :westwall : Bump stocks are physically very tiring. I was talking to one of the fbi agents involved in the investigation and they agree that he had to stop and take a break because he was so fatigued.

YOU, not someone else, was talking to an FBI agent? Were you a suspect? If what you say is true, that FBI agent is just as guilty as Comey was for talking about an active investigation. I think you are making this shit up!

Why would a bump stock be tiring? I fire AK-47s on full auto and never get tired. Your story is pure fantasy created to shore up your weak argument.

YOU, not someone else, was talking to an FBI agent? Were you a suspect? If what you say is true, that FBI agent is just as guilty as Comey was for talking about an active investigation. I think you are making this shit up!

Why would a bump stock be tiring? I fire AK-47s on full auto and never get tired. Your story is pure fantasy created to shore up your weak argument.
The answer from Westwall is enough to convince anyone that Paddock was tired, but if you insist that it was not, it's your choice.

The answer from Westwall is enough to convince anyone that Paddock was tired, but if you insist that it was not, it's your choice.

So in other words, you are just gullible and accept everything to be the Gospel truth with no evidence?

You know I talked to the Sheriff who told me that Paddock liked to exercise horses. Do you believe that?

You do know that a paddock is a small enclosure where you exercise horses, right?

So in other words, you are just gullible and accept everything to be the Gospel truth with no evidence?

You know I talked to the Sheriff who told me that Paddock liked to exercise horses. Do you believe that?

You do know that a paddock is a small enclosure where you exercise horses, right?
I believe Westwal when he says he's talk to an agent, are you calling him a liar?

I believe Westwal when he says he's talk to an agent, are you calling him a liar?

Unless he can document it, yes, I would call him a liar because that claim makes zero sense. You on the other hand, are simply gullible.

Why do you refuse to understand that regardless of the fact an AR was used to create the most casualties in any mass shooting, the fact the number of casualties he created was limited by his choice of weapon?

For starters you haven't proven otherwise and I already told you, this guy wasn't a marksman. He was able to use a few ARs, bump stock and extended clips to his advantage and just spray everyone, I don't think he would know how to do anything else. It was very successful, more so than any other mass shooting.

Its sad how you are so limited in your understanding of the subject that you think his other options were handguns and manually-operated rifles.
You should be embarrassed of your ignorance.

How so? You don't seem to be able to provide any argument except if he used something other than an AR...but you don't go further than that.

If he hadn't used the bump stock, more people would be dead.

Based on your opinion? Not good enough. He used a bump stock, several ARs and extended clips to become the most successful mass shooter in our country's history without having any extensive training.

And location selection had the biggest effect on the death rate......at Virginia Tech the shooter used 2 pistols and killed 32.... the Vegas shooter firing into a crowd of over 22,000 only killed 58........and Luby's cafe the shooter killed 24 with 2 pistols......

Yes and he couldn't have accomplished his task without randomly spraying a crowd, sure the venue made a difference, combined with equipment he used.

Target location and other factors create more deaths....not weapon type....

The Russian Polytechnic shooter used a 5 shot, tube fed, pump action shotgun and killed 20 injuring 40.....

It's odd because that weapon type more often than not is used in many if not most of our deadliest mass shootings.

Wrong...hand guns are the most popular gun for mass shooters, not rifles.

Deadliest mass shootings.

Was in Paris, where more anti gun laws than even you dreamed of are already in effect.

Unless he can document it, yes, I would call him a liar because that claim makes zero sense. You on the other hand, are simply gullible.
I'm not gullible as you say, you do not have a police report, you do not have the autopsy report, you were not there and you tknow for sure it's Paddock who was the shooter, he alone and no one else, it is rather you who are gullible

The head of the DHS Fusion Center is a good friend of mine, I talked to the FBI agent when he was there presenting what they had.

My friend invited me to listen in.

Bump stocks are different. I own machineguns and can shoot them for days, but a bump stock beats the shit out of you.

It's how they are designed.

Forum List

Back