🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Last time you demanded your $ from a movie?

Wild at heart. Absolute trash, and I got my money back! I walked out in the first 20 minutes. Even the theater knew it was trash, ever have a similar experince?
199? and the movie was Pecker that nobody ever heard of but was homo.

I've seen plenty of bad movies. Bad stuff. But when an art house cinema redeems your money back, you KNOW this is a rotten tomato. I like Nick Cage, but David Lynch?

I must say I am a fan of B movies. Some are really well done. Rank films made some good ones. And the noir movies are really well done.

Can't find clips from "Bad at heart", but I can find clips from Eraserhead....so called from the thing on your basic VHS machine that erases stuff...https://youtu.be/7WAzFWu2tVw

As far as new movies everyone is telling me not to bother with the new version of WestSide Story. It is really lame.

Wild at heart. Absolute trash, and I got my money back! I walked out in the first 20 minutes. Even the theater knew it was trash, ever have a similar experince?
D'oh! I love that movie! :lol:

The only movie I have ever walked out of was the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I do not like slasher movies. They are utterly stupid and disgusting.

Never. If the movie is that bad that I cant watch it then I leave but that rarely happens. Didnt ever think to ask for my money back, keep it. This was a service, a gamble, not a product with a warranty. Thats entertainment. Thats luxury.

Well. That was my first and last time. Perhaps we ALL need to do that to ALL this new Hollywood trash NOW. Reject their nonesense and get your money back.
And the never ending miserable C*** has yet another bad experience to add to her C*^$ Life.

Wow. Will MaryL ever be satisfied?

Wild at heart. Absolute trash, and I got my money back! I walked out in the first 20 minutes. Even the theater knew it was trash, ever have a similar experince [sic]?

I've never walked out on a movie that I pad for, and I never demanded my money back, but if I ever would have, it would have been The Piano.

This was a movie that seemed to set off some kind of feeding frenzy among critics, each trying to outdo their colleagues as far as praising this movie. So, I went to a theater to see it.

It was utter crap.

That really isn't a fair statement, for to call this movie utter crap is an insult to any movie that actually rises to the level of being good enough to qualify as utter crap.

On thinking back, I now think that what I saw was some odd variant of the Emperor's New Clothes effect, that perhaps some very well-regarded critic praised it, leading all the other critics to fear that if they went against what the first one said, that their own credibility might be damaged.

I think I saw this effect, again, with American Beauty. Again, a movie that was highly praised by all the professional critics. I would not say that it was nearly as bad as The Piano. Not bad enough, even, to qualify as utter crap (which The Piano was not good enough to qualify as). But it really was not a particularly good movie, either.

What I learned from this is not to give very much credibility to processional movie critics. Whatever drives their judgements as to what makes a good movie or what makes a bad movie is wildly out of line with my own experiences. There are many movies that the critics loved, that I did not, and many that the critics hated, that I very much liked; and the likelihood of my opinion of a movie being at all consistent with those of professional movie critics turns out to be fairly low.

Damn. Peewee's big adventure had more redeeming value than any David Lynch film. I am serious.

I don't remember what led me to see Peewee's Big Adventure. Nothing about my perception of it outside of actually watching it would have led me to think it would be a movie that I would like. Having seen it, had occasion to rent it's sequel, Big Top Peewee. That one turned out to be quite lame, very much in line with what I would have expected of the first. Maybe they tried to save up two movies' worth of lameness to make one really lame movie, by starting with a movie that ought to have been very lame, and then not putting any actual lameness into it, saving it all for the sequel.

And what I said about the first Peewee movie makes me think of another. I cannot imagine what anyone, a friend, a critic, or whatever, could have told me before I saw it, to convince me that I would like Secondhand Lions. I do not know what I could say to anyone else to convince them that it was worth watching. I received a copy of it as a Christmas present, so I watched it. It's a wonderful movie, very much worth watching, and I very much recommend it.

Brokeback Mountain. I thought it was a movie about two dudes with back problems. Instead I left the theater with a raging hardon.

When I happen to watch....I watch movies on cable or internet.

I very rarely go to a theater any more. I think I have seen every Star Wars movie in a theater, but other than that, I cannot remember when the last time was that I went to a theater. I have a nice 42" 3D television, which is plenty good for the vast majority of movies. I'm disappointed that 3D TV turned out to be a passing fad, that no one makes new 3D TVs any more. Some movies really benefit from it.

The last time I went to a theater was to see the last Star Wars movie, The Rise of Skywalker. I'd been given $30 in gift cards for a local theater chain, and I used them to go see a presentation of the movie in what they called 4DX. I ended up spending all of what was on the cards, plus about ten dollars of my own money, for the one movie showing and a light meal from the snack bar.

The 4DX was impressive, nothing that I could see being reproducible at home. Along with 3D, it involved quite a lot of other effects, flashing lights, movement and vibration, clouds of fog, wind, and so on.

But the 3D effect was imperfect; too much bleed-through from one eye to the other. My own 3D TV uses the same exact glasses, and the same exact method, but works much better than the way I experienced it at that theater. Even using the same glasses tha I brought home with me from that showi9ng, they work much better with my TV than they did at the theater.

Demanding your money back for a shitty movie is just weird. Who's fault is it that you went to a shitty movie? Yours!

And the never ending miserable C*** has yet another bad experience to add to her C*^$ Life.

Wow. Will MaryL ever be satisfied?

And yet, here you are, the first to come into this thread, with nothing to say about the topic of this thread, nothing but a rather absurd gratuitous insult against the lady who started this thread. I think it is clear who, among those who have posted here so far, is the never ending miserable сμит, and it isn't MaryL .

Forum List

Back