🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Last time you demanded your $ from a movie?

I must say I am a fan of B movies. Some are really well done. Rank films made some good ones. And the noir movies are really well done.
I bought this stack of 100 dvd films for a song online (somewhere?) I couldn't believe how good some of them are, never heard of them. The collection had a few Disney films for children (and a couple for adults), but it had a Gone with the Wind disc, and the ones I've viewed in the last 3 weeks--at least two were astonishing. I haven't quite gone through the pile of them, though. I'm having to make 5 1/2 inch sleeves from colorful cardstock that are light enough to write the name of the movie on the outside. For unprotected discs, all of them so far have been really quality sound and appearances. Like you said about B movies, I've seen at least 2 or 3 that were world-class good movies with reasonably good language, interesting plots, and some take you to places and experiences that are beautiful and useful in some way. I watch them on a portable dvd viewer just before bedtime. Some of the discs have a movie on each side, IMHO, I got a steal considering the quality is amazing on the ones I've viewed so far (about 6 or 7)

Last edited:
I don't remember what led me to see Peewee's Big Adventure. Nothing about my perception of it outside of actually watching it would have led me to think it would be a movie that I would like. Having seen it, had occasion to rent it's sequel, Big Top Peewee. That one turned out to be quite lame, very much in line with what I would have expected of the first. Maybe they tried to save up two movies' worth of lameness to make one really lame movie, by starting with a movie that ought to have been very lame, and then not putting any actual lameness into it, saving it all for the sequel.

And what I said about the first Peewee movie makes me think of another. I cannot imagine what anyone, a friend, a critic, or whatever, could have told me before I saw it, to convince me that I would like Secondhand Lions. I do not know what I could say to anyone else to convince them that it was worth watching. I received a copy of it as a Christmas present, so I watched it. It's a wonderful movie, very much worth watching, and I very much recommend it.
Perhaps I should re-watch this movie, perhaps I my viewpoint has broadened since then.

Forum List

Back