Latest on Texas Shooter-He Escaped From Mental Institution and Was Charged with Rape

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Texas gunman escaped from mental health facility in 2012, threatened military superiors

"The gunman who killed 26 people at a Texas church last weekend escaped a mental health facility in 2012 and made death threats to his superiors in the Air Force, according to newly revealed police records.

The gunman, Devin Kelley, was also accused of rape in 2013, a case that later was dropped, according to newly released documents from the county sheriff’s department.

The new revelations show that Kelley had a documented history of erratic behavior and violence when he was allowed to buy four guns between 2014 and 2017, apparently because of the Air Force’s failure to report his history of domestic abuse to databases used by gun dealers to perform background checks on buyers.

Kelley had previously attended the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, but the pastor “did not think that he was a good person and did not want him around his church," Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt told CNN on Tuesday. "But he said, 'How do I run him away from my church?'"

The new details about Kelley’s mental health issues came in El Paso police records, first obtained by Houston’s KPRC-TV, that were filed after Kelley disappeared from the Peak Behavioral Health Services center in Santa Teresa, N.M., on June 13, 2012.

Kelley "suffered from mental health disorders" and had apparently been sent to the facility during his Air Force court-martial proceedings on charges of beating his wife and stepson in 2011 and 2012, according to the police records."

Does the report claim if he voted for the dems or repubs? Not that it really matters, but, it really matters.....

and to think had the dems rejected grassley and cruz bill

this guy would have been in jail instead of shooting up innocents

The bulk of police work is reactive. Sounds like it would be a good investment in more effort with active gun purchaser background checks. In depth ones.

Legitimate rape?
Republicans will still fight for his “right” to own a gun.
his, no.

But only because of information that came out after the fact...

information that should have been on the NICS database to PREVENT him from obtaining firearms.

THAT's what screwed the pooch this time

Texas gunman escaped from mental health facility in 2012, threatened military superiors

"The gunman who killed 26 people at a Texas church last weekend escaped a mental health facility in 2012 and made death threats to his superiors in the Air Force, according to newly revealed police records.

The gunman, Devin Kelley, was also accused of rape in 2013, a case that later was dropped, according to newly released documents from the county sheriff’s department.

The new revelations show that Kelley had a documented history of erratic behavior and violence when he was allowed to buy four guns between 2014 and 2017, apparently because of the Air Force’s failure to report his history of domestic abuse to databases used by gun dealers to perform background checks on buyers.

Kelley had previously attended the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, but the pastor “did not think that he was a good person and did not want him around his church," Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt told CNN on Tuesday. "But he said, 'How do I run him away from my church?'"

The new details about Kelley’s mental health issues came in El Paso police records, first obtained by Houston’s KPRC-TV, that were filed after Kelley disappeared from the Peak Behavioral Health Services center in Santa Teresa, N.M., on June 13, 2012.

Kelley "suffered from mental health disorders" and had apparently been sent to the facility during his Air Force court-martial proceedings on charges of beating his wife and stepson in 2011 and 2012, according to the police records."
Yesterday I was thinking it was an oversight that the AF didn't report Kelley to the fed data base. I was wrong. It isn't just the "Democrat" who is saying that, either. It is a systemic issue; the military doesn't report bad conduct discharges to the feds. That means there are many many ex-soldiers out there with dangerous assaultive behavior and clean records, at least if they haven't done anything since being discharged.
I couldn't get the video to copy here, but you should listen to it, and the video prior. Lots of good information on how to at least make the existing background checks actually work.

PBS NewsHour

It was the pastor's 666 kuklos exothen (the banning of Kelly), that exacerbated the murders, while at the same time, the media goes anal retentive about Kelly's meds, if any. Msm doesn't have the stones to admit any meds, and wants the prisoners to believe there were none. Otherwise Kelly's "professional" help comes under questioning, and we can't call the pastor's, "help." In fact, thus far, none have questioned just how challenged the theologian felt by Kelly's atheism, when no doubt the theologian has seen many clues as to its current evolution inside the American rhizome.

It was the pastor's 666 kuklos exothen (the banning of Kelly), that exacerbated the murders, while at the same time, the media goes anal retentive about Kelly's meds, if any. Msm doesn't have the stones to admit any meds, and wants the prisoners to believe there were none. Otherwise Kelly's "professional" help comes under questioning, and we can't call the pastor's, "help." In fact, thus far, none have questioned just how challenged the theologian felt by Kelly's atheism, when no doubt the theologian has seen many clues as to its current evolution inside the American rhizome.

Or..the dude was a fruitcake..and the pastor caught that vibe..His Atheism is irrelevant..he was freakin' nutz--simple at that..why is it that some feel the need to use this to piggyback their flawed agendas?

Legitimate rape?
liar

True..they would not fight for the shooter--they would, however, fight for the right for any citizen to sell another citizen a gun without a background check, without an ID check and without a waiting period.

The NRA has fought every bill proposed that would close that loophole. I can go to a gun show..I was at one this weekend--and there were venders with little signs at their booths..'Private citizen sales'. Everyone knows that means anyone can walk up..plop down some money..and walk away with a gun. A person could be a felon..a child-molester..a murderer--no matter..they can buy the weapon...how is this right?

Legitimate rape?
liar

True..they would not fight for the shooter--they would, however, fight for the right for any citizen to sell another citizen a gun without a background check, without an ID check and without a waiting period.

The NRA has fought every bill proposed that would close that loophole. I can go to a gun show..I was at one this weekend--and there were venders with little signs at their booths..'Private citizen sales'. Everyone knows that means anyone can walk up..plop down some money..and walk away with a gun. A person could be a felon..a child-molester..a murderer--no matter..they can buy the weapon...how is this right?
again you are a liar

Legitimate rape?
liar

again you are a liar

Nope..you are a fool..and a dull, repetitive one at that. Everyone knows the NRA and Republican position on ending the 'gun show' loophole..everyone but you..apparently.

BTW..I bought a gun at the show..the only thing I had to show..was $340.

tumblr_n4r7nlV9Gq1s2wio8o1_400.gif

Legitimate rape?
liar

again you are a liar

Nope..you are a fool..and a dull, repetitive one at that. Everyone knows the NRA and Republican position on ending the 'gun show' loophole..everyone but you..apparently.

liar

the nra does not write any firearm law

the founding fathers did

liar

again you are a liar

liar

the founding fathers did

BLAH, Blah diddy blah blah//You are either mentally deficient..or willfully stupid. I never said that the NRA wrote anything..just that they fight any attempt to eliminate the gun show loophole. Usually by throwing scads of lobbyist money to their bought and paid for Republican politicians. F**k the founding fathers..they've been dead and gone for over 250 years. The Supreme Court has said the the govt. can regulate firearms..so that's the law..not your wingnut interpretation of the Constitution.

Shouting liar..instead of actually engaging in cogent rebuttal..is the sign of some inbred, knee jerk idiot who cannot defend..or even articulate..his position.

Typical alt/right puppet.

iu

Post #11: that is why the James Holmes question: what meds? How can the dipshit media implicate his incarceration for treatment and succeed incovering-up any meds? Holmes' shrink at the shredder?

again you are a liar

liar

the founding fathers did

BLAH, Blah diddy blah blah//You are either mentally deficient..or willfully stupid. I never said that the NRA wrote anything..just that they fight any attempt to eliminate the gun show loophole. Usually by throwing scads of lobbyist money to their bought and paid for Republican politicians. F**k the founding fathers..they've been dead and gone for over 250 years. The Supreme Court has said the the govt. can regulate firearms..so that's the law..not your wingnut interpretation of the Constitution.

Shouting liar..instead of actually engaging in cogent rebuttal..is the sign of some inbred, knee jerk idiot who cannot defend..or even articulate..his position.

Typical alt/right puppet.

iu

the fact remains if the guy sold you a firearm for 340 bucks

if you are a felon then the both of you broke the law

Forum List

Back