Law req's my dog to be leashed; But NOT for my gun to be secured???

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
So this is an interesting fact. Most city jurisdictions have a "leash law". Meaning...if your dog is outside your home, it must either be fenced in, or, on a leash. But, there is no law requiring my firearm to be secured on my property.

That's right.

If I have a 2 year old pit bull sitting on my front porch unsecured, I can get a ticket.
But if I have a 2 year old Glock .45 cal pistol on my front porch, unsecured, I can not get a ticket.

If I leave the dog and gun on the porch, and a person walks up onto that porch from next door, I could get in trouble for leaving the dog unleashed. But not for leaving the gun unsecured.

Seems if most city governments find that it is dangerous to leave a dog off a leash.......it would also see that it is dangerous to leave a gun unlocked, unsecured anywhere outside the home or not in a holster on the owner's body.

Guns can neither harm nor kill a person, unless the owner makes a conscious DECISION to do so.

Dogs on the other-hand, makes DECISIONS on their own.

Libtard.

So, it should be legal to just leave your AK47 sitting on top of your car in the mall parking lot??? Stupid, yes. But illegal? NOT IN SOUTH CAROLINA ITS NOT. In SC, you could take an AR-15, stick the barrel in the ground, and decorate it like a Christmas tree and leave it, even loaded, and you wouldn't be breaking any law. Even if the kids down the street come take it.

But leave your poodle in the front yard off a leash? You could get a ticket.

Make sense?

Simple.

Your gun is an inanimate object, it doesn't have four legs or barks. It is a gun that by itself is practically harmless. Your dog on the other hand is a living thing, with a mind of its own. Which poses more danger to you? A gun sitting harmlessly on the table? Or a dog?

Sigh.

So this is an interesting fact. Most city jurisdictions have a "leash law". Meaning...if your dog is outside your home, it must either be fenced in, or, on a leash. But, there is no law requiring my firearm to be secured on my property.

That's right.

If I have a 2 year old pit bull sitting on my front porch unsecured, I can get a ticket.
But if I have a 2 year old Glock .45 cal pistol on my front porch, unsecured, I can not get a ticket.

If I leave the dog and gun on the porch, and a person walks up onto that porch from next door, I could get in trouble for leaving the dog unleashed. But not for leaving the gun unsecured.

Seems if most city governments find that it is dangerous to leave a dog off a leash.......it would also see that it is dangerous to leave a gun unlocked, unsecured anywhere outside the home or not in a holster on the owner's body.

bucs I gave witnessed this argument so many times.

It doesnt work ok.

That's right.

bucs I gave witnessed this argument so many times.

It doesnt work ok.

Don't worry TD, he's making this easy.

Forum List

Back