Lawyer: Top IRS official will take the 5th

I think she needs to be made an example of.

She committed perjury four times.

What are the possible criminal penalties?

I think that is a good start.

Are the liberals still insisting that if you haven't got anything to hide, then you've got nothing to worry about?

Well--no one knows anything--LOL:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

971224_306202659512919_783274742_n.jpg

Wise decision on her part.

Not so good for the administration since now the opposition has a bigger reason to think they are hiding something.

BUSTED!

Pleading the 5th almost certainly affirms to the American people that they broke the law.

Good to see all the 5th Amendment bashing here. It warms my little black heart.

Who has bashed the 5th amendment?

not sure if he was joking or not...but could be construed as bashing

Possibly, but it seems to me it's more bashing the person invoking the fifth, not the fifth itself.

Wise decision on her part.

Not so good for the administration since now the opposition has a bigger reason to think they are hiding something.

You're right by her pleading the 5th suggests she has information that she wants to hide--meaning this now has lots of legs--and this will be all over the news.

People use the 5th in order to avoid prosecution--and that's exactly what's going to happen. I imagine a criminal investigation pursues if it hasn't already.

Ummm....in these witch hunts, I don't blame her for pleading the fifth. Once again...NO ONE was denied tax exempt status...the combination.of the Citizen's United Ruling and the explosion of retardation....I mean....Tea Party groups caused confusion within the beaurocracy and it threw up red flags.

I'm not saying they didn't fuck up....I'm saying it wasn't a conspiracy....and that's what the right is so desperately looking for.....something....ANYTHING.....to pin on Obama.

Ummm....in these witch hunts, I don't blame her for pleading the fifth. Once again...NO ONE was denied tax exempt status...the combination.of the Citizen's United Ruling and the explosion of retardation....I mean....Tea Party groups caused confusion within the beaurocracy and it threw up red flags.

I'm not saying they didn't fuck up....I'm saying it wasn't a conspiracy....and that's what the right is so desperately looking for.....something....ANYTHING.....to pin on Obama.

What is it that you don't understand about the IRS admitting that they were targeting conservative groups?

It's not "if" they did--they've already admitted it. Obama even said it. Now while you're sitting up there in your comfy chair with feet up--imagine if the IRS targeted you simply because of your political preference?

That's how big this is--and that's why both sides of the isle are on this like white on rice--including DEMOCRATS who are just as outraged as REPUBLICANS. Because--if we can't trust the IRS- to treat all fairly and according to regulations--who's going to pay the freakin taxes.

946755_531901653517577_718214700_n.jpg

Last edited:
She's taking the 5th to protect the presibebt. That's why she won't answer any questions.

I agree with you. This is a smoke screen in my opinion. What crime was committed even if they targeted certain groups? But if we knew for certain Obama was behind it then that would make him worse then Nixon. So even though she did nothing wrong, she pleads the fifth making it look as if she were guilty. Meanwhile she is rewarded with a cushy government job. And how did the patriot act get in this discussion?

There is no need to plead the fifth in a witch hunt.

And there is absolutely no correlation with Citizens United and the IRS scandal.

I am sure it's just an absolute coincidence that Obama's political enemies were being attacked by the IRS. Sure. Keep telling yourself that. How many scandals does this administration have to have before you start telling yourself the truth?

What is it that you don't understand about the IRS admitting that they were targeting conservative groups?

It's not "if" they did--they've already admitted it. Obama even said it. Now while you're sitting up there in your comfy chair with feet up--imagine if the IRS targeted you simply because of your political preference?

That's how big this is--and that's why both sides of the isle are on this like white on rice--including DEMOCRATS who are just as outraged as REPUBLICANS. Because--if we can't trust the IRS- to treat all fairly and according to regulations--who's going to pay the freakin taxes.

Why were they targeting them? THINK beyond your FOXnews.laden brain for once.....Citizen's United had just been OK'd by the SCOTUS....that meant that any Tom, Dick or Harry could TRY to get Tax exempt Status.....combine that with the EXPLOSION of Tea Party Groups...who just so happened to coincide with that ruling...and that would not raise red flags to you? That perhaps people might be trying to sneak into tax exempt status for personal reasons?

Nevermind....you aren't ever.gonna crawl out from the rock you're safely under anyway.

Someone only pleads the fifth if their answers are likely to incriminate them or show them in a bad light.

Why were they targeting them? THINK beyond your FOXnews.laden brain for once.....Citizen's United had just been OK'd by the SCOTUS....that meant that any Tom, Dick or Harry could TRY to get Tax exempt Status.....combine that with the EXPLOSION of Tea Party Groups...who just so happened to coincide with that ruling...and that would not raise red flags to you? That perhaps people might be trying to sneak into tax exempt status for personal reasons?

Nevermind....you aren't ever.gonna crawl out from the rock you're safely under anyway.

LOL look at steel trying to justify criminal behavior! Why is Lois Lerner pleading the fifth? Why? Does she have something to hide? Don't give me that "oh she's just scared of government persecution" line either.

Or we could simply use Occam's Razor. The administration was targeting "enemies" with the power they had.

Much simpler than tying things that have no correlation together. People being free to speak out against the President or any candidate before an election has absolutely nothing to do with the tax exempt status of any organizations.

Or we could simply use Occam's Razor. The administration was targeting "enemies" with the power they had.

Much simpler than tying things that have no correlation together. People being free to speak out against the President or any candidate before an election has absolutely nothing to do with the tax exempt status of any organizations.

Only in your mind oh "wise" one.

BUSTED!

Pleading the 5th almost certainly affirms to the American people that they broke the law.

Yup. Heard that on the news last night.

If that asshat pleads the 5th then you can bet your ass there is loads to the story.

Of course the POTUS knows nothing. He's gotta be the most uninformed Prez in history.

He doesn't know about the AP or the IRS deal.

He also jetted off to his fundraiser while our folks were dying in Benghazi. Tells me all I need to know about that jackass.

Pleading the 5th makes good sense if she is hoping for immunity from prosecution.

Looks to me like somebody is going to get thrown under the bus, and it serves her NOT to be that person.

Forum List

Back