Lawyer: Top IRS official will take the 5th

Wow! January 29, 2010 Doug Shulman had a personal meeting with the President of the US.

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission came down on January 21, 2010, one week before.

Coincidental?

Shulman went to the white house 118 times, and never discussed anything of importance with any white house staff.

yep, in 2 years, on average of once a week, yet Treasury was over the IRS, and thus should have been the lead in the White House? And he had 3 personal meetings with the President, himself. The first on the date above. The criteria for targeting was then implemented the beginning of Mar., 2010.

Was Obama involved? I can't make that accusation. I do find it awfully coincidental, though.

May be a strong lesson to others within the government not to put themselves in compromising situations, if they indeed want to impart faith within the citizens of these United States, in which they serve, as serving them justly.

I thought it interesting the Committee could not get the log of visitors to the White House for 2012.

This was interesting to watch. She made a statement claiming her innocence, etc...but then took the 5th. One Senator quite sensible commented that the fact that she made a statement in advance of taking the 5th de facto waives the 5th. (Such a statement should be able to be addressed with follow up questions).

The fact that she also refuses to answer questions concerning the testimony she provided at earlier hearings is very suspicious.

Something strange is afoot at the Circle DC.

You mean Cirque du DC.

Cirque du DC would be too classy.

I was paying homage to "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" (something strange is afoot at the Circle K)

:)

That's right! Throw them all in Jail like the King of England would have done!

Fuck the Constitution! Burn that Bitch!

Poke her with a Soft Cushion and make her sit in the Comfy Chair!!!!!!!

*rabble rabble rabble*

Wow! January 29, 2010 Doug Shulman had a personal meeting with the President of the US.

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission came down on January 21, 2010, one week before.

Coincidental?

Shulman went to the white house 118 times, and never discussed anything of importance with any white house staff.

yep, in 2 years, on average of once a week, yet Treasury was over the IRS, and thus should have been the lead in the White House? And he had 3 personal meetings with the President, himself. The first on the date above. The criteria for targeting was then implemented the beginning of Mar., 2010.

Shulman looked like such a pathetic tool. What a weasel. He was just lucky that Miller came across as even more of a creepy weasel.

Is it any wonder why she took the 5th after the contemptuous threatening badgering of the witnesses in the last herring.

If you are incapable of telling the same story under cross examination then apparently your incapable of telling the truth. But then again, when was the last time you knew of a political bimbo telling the truth, when they do it ends their carrier in public service. We have a congress full of spin artists and it only stands to reason they would approve hiring birds of the same feather.

Is it any wonder why she took the 5th after the contemptuous threatening badgering of the witnesses in the last herring.
You will, of course, take that exact same position should the Democrats decide to hold 'witch hunt' investigations in the future, right?

I would like to get to the bottom of this, just with less partisanship.

Are the liberals still insisting that if you haven't got anything to hide, then you've got nothing to worry about?

It’s sad that the ignorance exhibited by the OP is representative of so many Americans, who incorrectly infer that ‘pleading the 5th’ is some sort of admission of ‘guilt.’

When somebody prefaces taking the fifth with a monologue claiming her innocence, that is Quite Suspicious.

On another note: Shulman claimed that one of the reasons for his 118 visits to the White House was the Easter Egg Hunt.

Bwahahahaha.

This was interesting to watch. She made a statement claiming her innocence, etc...but then took the 5th. One Senator quite sensible commented that the fact that she made a statement in advance of taking the 5th de facto waives the 5th. (Such a statement should be able to be addressed with follow up questions).

The fact that she also refuses to answer questions concerning the testimony she provided at earlier hearings is very suspicious.

Something strange is afoot at the Circle DC.

You mean Cirque du DC.

Cirque du DC would be too classy.

I was paying homage to "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" (something strange is afoot at the Circle K)

:)

Actually, the quote is, "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!" :D (I think of that quote every time I pass the Circle K near where I work.)

Are the liberals still insisting that if you haven't got anything to hide, then you've got nothing to worry about?

It’s sad that the ignorance exhibited by the OP is representative of so many Americans, who incorrectly infer that ‘pleading the 5th’ is some sort of admission of ‘guilt.’
Which is why I responded the way I did. Pleading the 5th is NOT an admission of guilt, but an admission that you have information that MAY be used against you in a criminal manner.

However, the woman lost her right to the 5th Amendment by making a declaration of innocence and with opening remarks. If you plead the 5th, it is what you do at the very start of the session, and then you remain silent.

I have to wonder if this was your attitude when Olly North and John Poindexter invoked the 5th?

When somebody prefaces taking the fifth with a monologue claiming her innocence, that is Quite Suspicious.

On another note: Shulman claimed that one of the reasons for his 118 visits to the White House was the Easter Egg Hunt.

Bwahahahaha.

that was such an obvious studied answer to the question it was more than laughable.

It's correct probably about 90% of the time... or more.

She's a Republican, lol. You guys are too funny. A Republican who was appointed by Bush does something she shouldn't, and it's a White House scandal, lmao.

She's a Republican, lol. You guys are too funny. A Republican who was appointed by Bush does something she shouldn't, and it's a White House scandal, lmao.

And yet she didn't do something wrong until she was working for Obama.

Forum List

Back