Layoffs rising?

I frequent a forum where most of the folks (blue-collar or tech) are still working and I've seen a shit-ton of "laid-off" threads in the last week or so.

Anecdotal evidence or is it happening?
Definitely happening....
We posted a job online for an Inside Sales Representative, someone who supports our field sales team by making outbound calls to clinics we rarely reach...230 resumes came back, from banking, credit card, mortgage, finance, etc companies who have laid off droves of folks with just this kind of experience.
....and our job doesn't pay close to what these folks were making....

Definitely happening....
We posted a job online for an Inside Sales Representative, someone who supports our field sales team by making outbound calls to clinics we rarely reach...230 resumes came back, from banking, credit card, mortgage, finance, etc companies who have laid off droves of folks with just this kind of experience.
....and our job doesn't pay close to what these folks were making....

I tried looking up recent figures (besides tech) and the MSM seems more interested in covering-up lay-offs than reporting on them.....No surprise there I guess given that they are in bed with the dems.

The blue-collar guys seem to state that it is a severe reduction in orders for their companies that prompted the lay-offs.

I tried looking up recent figures (besides tech) and the MSM seems more interested in covering-up lay-offs than reporting on them.....No surprise there I guess given that they are in bed with the dems.

The blue-collar guys seem to state that it is a severe reduction in orders for their companies that prompted the lay-offs.
I would say that is correct...

I frequent a forum where most of the folks (blue-collar or tech) are still working and I've seen a shit-ton of "laid-off" threads in the last week or so.

I don’t know about the “laid off” (yet), but I have had people tell me that blue-collar jobs aren’t hiring. Not a good omen, if true.

It's happening .. Many organizations, such as technology firms, didn't respond well from a budget perspective during the height of COVID, and Healthcare payors have been impacted by recent legislation that targets Medicare and Medicaid benefits -- shifting more cost to the payor. Humana is a great example. The concept of budget from 2020 - 2022 was the wild west, and then a series of layoff waves and forced early retirements started as the 2023 budget cycle began. Literally, thousands of associates plus contracted resources, followed by a sell-off of their commercial business, their wellness and behavioral health program, real-estate assets (they sold their corporate headquarters), and multiple acquisitions.

Check out Humana .. they are a great example to highlight this outcome. Optum did the same thing.

Forum List

Back