Left Gearing Up to Support Open Obama Dictatorship

Rangel calls for Obama to rule by decree
Charlie Rangel Wants Presidential Executive Orders for ?Everything? | Politicker

Professor calls for unlimited terms for Obama...i.e. President for life.
End presidential term limits - The Washington Post

And Obama has long used executive power to just ignore Congressionally passed laws or to use regs to implement laws Congress never passed and the libtards love it. They eat it all up.

People, this country will not tolerate a President for Life like Chavez
Hi Jimmie,
time to revisit your thread accusing Obama of wanting a Dictatorship
One Professor suggesting the end of term limits? I give you Trump himself suggesting that he stay beyond two terms
"The good news is that at the end of 6 years, after America has been made GREAT again and I leave the beautiful White House (do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT)," Trump wrote.

Wow, you dug up this seven year old thread to say that?

BTW, I have stated in other threads that I am concerned that Trump is getting too much power, but his authority to adjourn Congress is right in the Coinstitution, and not something I am concerned about. The Dems are using legislative tricks to formally stay in session to remove Trumps Constitutional power to make recess appointments.

So adjourning Congress is a good power that I think he needs to use.

And of course this week Trump announced that he has total authority over states.

In an emergency accepted by state governors (in order to accept Federali funds) Trump does indeed have authority over just about everything.

I dont like it, but he is not a 'c etnral state' ideologue, so I am not much worried about him using it, more concerned about the precedent he is setting.

Rangel calls for Obama to rule by decree
Charlie Rangel Wants Presidential Executive Orders for ?Everything? | Politicker

Professor calls for unlimited terms for Obama...i.e. President for life.
End presidential term limits - The Washington Post

And Obama has long used executive power to just ignore Congressionally passed laws or to use regs to implement laws Congress never passed and the libtards love it. They eat it all up.

People, this country will not tolerate a President for Life like Chavez
Hi Jimmie,
time to revisit your thread accusing Obama of wanting a Dictatorship
One Professor suggesting the end of term limits? I give you Trump himself suggesting that he stay beyond two terms
"The good news is that at the end of 6 years, after America has been made GREAT again and I leave the beautiful White House (do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT)," Trump wrote.

Wow, you dug up this seven year old thread to say that?

BTW, I have stated in other threads that I am concerned that Trump is getting too much power, but his authority to adjourn Congress is right in the Coinstitution, and not something I am concerned about. The Dems are using legislative tricks to formally stay in session to remove Trumps Constitutional power to make recess appointments.

And of course this week Trump announced that he has total authority over states.

In an emergency accepted by state governors (in order to accept Federali funds) Trump does indeed have authority over just about everything.

I dont like it, but he is not a 'c etnral state' ideologue, so I am not much worried about him using it, more concerned about the precedent he is setting.
Wow. Lets break this down - shall we?

The Dems are using legislative tricks to formally stay in session to remove Trumps Constitutional power to make recess appointments.

Are you really this ignorant?
The Senate is controlled by Republicans- and Mitch McConnell rules it with an iron hand. Democrats are not the ones 'using legislative tricks'- it is Republicans. And these 'legislative tricks' as you call them- started when Obama was in office to prevent him from using his 'Constitutional power "to make recess appointments.

Matter of fact- you attacked Obama for 'making illegal recess appointments' when Mitch McConnell was doing the exact same thing he is doing now. My how your view changes when it isn't Obama in office.
Jimbowie calling this an example of Obama' dictatorship': 31. Made illegal recess appointments to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the National Labor Relations Board when Congress wasnt in recess.

I am pretty positive if Obama had threatened to do exactly this to make his recess appointments because Republicans refused to vote on his nominees, you would have been screaming 'dictator' like you did back in 2014.
But to be very clear- remember- this is all about Trump attempting to get around the Constitutional requirement that all of his nominees be confirmed by the Senate. Trump was very clear that he was threatening to adjourn Congress specifically so he could make recess appointments.

So what does the Constitution say about a President's authority to adjourn Congress?
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

There currently is no disagreement between the House and the Senate on when they will adjourn- they have specifically agreed on the date of January 3, 2021. So what Trump is threatening to do is just flat out unconstitutional.
His intent is to bypass the Constitutional requirement that the Senate confirm his appointments. And the Constitutional provision that he is citing is clearly not applicable since there is no disagreement.
What he is threatening is an unconstitutional power grab. And you applaud that.

And you say he is not a 'central state idealogue'? Hmmmm who was saying this- Obama or Trump?
“When somebody is president of the United States, the authority is total,” Trump said. “And that’s the way it’s got to be. It’s total. The governors know that.”
Now that is the claim of an central state idealogue. Or a wantabe dictator.

I can't say I am surprised by your hypocrisy of supporting Trump- for threatening to do exactly what you called Obama a dictator for doing.

No surprise at all.

The Senate is controlled by Republicans- and Mitch McConnell rules it with an iron hand. Democrats are not the ones 'using legislative tricks'- it is Republicans. And these 'legislative tricks' as you call them- started when Obama was in office to prevent him from using his 'Constitutional power "to make recess appointments.
Matter of fact- you attacked Obama for 'making illegal recess appointments' when Mitch McConnell was doing the exact same thing he is doing now. My how your view changes when it isn't Obama in office.
Jimbowie calling this an example of Obama' dictatorship': 31. Made illegal recess appointments to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the National Labor Relations Board when Congress wasnt in recess.

You are one of the biggest dumbasses on this message board. My objection is because Congress was not in recess, and he had not adjourned Congress. That is what he needed to do to do it legally.

For fucks sake, try to think with that one brain c3ell you havent burned out yet.

I am pretty positive if Obama had threatened to do exactly this to make his recess appointments because Republicans refused to vote on his nominees, you would have been screaming 'dictator' like you did back in 2014.

Straw Man much, shit4brains?

But to be very clear- remember- this is all about Trump attempting to get around the Constitutional requirement that all of his nominees be confirmed by the Senate. Trump was very clear that he was threatening to adjourn Congress specifically so he could make recess appointments.

It is not 'getting around Congress' to use a power that is WRITTEN IN THE CONSTITUTION, stupid fuck.

So what does the Constitution say about a President's authority to adjourn Congress?
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

There currently is no disagreement between the House and the Senate on when they will adjourn- they have specifically agreed on the date of January 3, 2021. So what Trump is threatening to do is just flat out unconstitutional.

The two Houses of Congress have not agreed on a period of adjournment, you stupid idiotic moron.

His intent is to bypass the Constitutional requirement that the Senate confirm his appointments. And the Constitutional provision that he is citing is clearly not applicable since there is no disagreement.

And you say he is not a 'central state idealogue'? Hmmmm who was saying this- Obama or Trump?
“When somebody is president of the United States, the authority is total,” Trump said. “And that’s the way it’s got to be. It’s total. The governors know that.”

IT is what it is, just going by the EO authority that Obama left to him. That does not make him wrong to point it out, dipshit.

I can't say I am surprised by your hypocrisy of supporting Trump- for threatening to do exactly what you called Obama a dictator for doing.
No surprise at all.
And I am not surprised that you make shit up, create Straw Men claims I never made and cant read or think straight.

thank you for reminding me why I have you on ignored.

You are one of the biggest dumbasses on this message board. My objection is because Congress was not in recess, and he had not adjourned Congress. That is what he needed to do to do it legally.

For fucks sake, try to think with that one brain c3ell you havent burned out yet.

Straw Man much, shit4brains?

It is not 'getting around Congress' to use a power that is WRITTEN IN THE CONSTITUTION, stupid fuck.

The two Houses of Congress have not agreed on a period of adjournment, you stupid idiotic moron.

IT is what it is, just going by the EO authority that Obama left to him. That does not make him wrong to point it out, dipshit.

No surprise at all.
And I am not surprised that you make shit up, create Straw Men claims I never made and cant read or think straight.

thank you for reminding me why I have you on ignored.
Oh I know why you have me on ignore- you don't have the balls to deal with anyone who points out your bullshit.

I do enjoy pointing out both your hypocrisy and your total fails.

First of all the Constitution does not require that the two Houses of Congress agree on a date to adjourn- it only allows the President to adjourn Congress if they disagree. Which they haven't.

Secondly- the House and the Senate have agreed on an adjournment date- January 3, 2021.
But there is currently no disagreement between the two chambers — they have already agreed to adjourn on Jan. 3, 2021

Of course I already pointed that out- you of course called me a moron for pointing out your total ignorance- and you doubled down. You truly are a good match for your Dear Leader.

Yeah- it still makes him a wrong- in the kind of power grabbing way you pretended to be outraged about when it was Obama. The President has absolutely no authority to tell the States how they deal with the pandemic. Not even his staunchest allies agreed when he made that totally unconstitutional claim- but you just keep defending Trump proposing to do exactly what you called Obama a dictator for doing.

It is the hypocrisy we have come to expect from you here at USMB.

Forum List

Back