🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

left wingers finally have a superhero, the super villian Thanos, from the Avengers...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Spoilers......

So......Thanos wants those stupid stones so he can murder 50% of the population of the universe...why?...overpopulation.....he is a left wing super hero, doing what they wish they could do....murder half the people without the muss and fuss of mass graves.....

Left wingers finally get their dream...... but they are still sad it only happens in the movies......

Why Is Thanos Considered the Bad Guy?

And why does Thanos do this? His explanation will sound familiar to anyone who has ever debated climate change or abortion with a liberal: A planet's resources are finite, but life's urge to propagate itself is not. If life is left unchecked, eventually there will be too many mouths to feed. Something must be done before it's too late. Etc.

That's why Thanos goes from one planet to the next, wiping out half the inhabitants before moving on. That's why he saves himself a lot of travel time and finally seizes the power to achieve his ultimate goal in an instant. (Genocide by telecommute.) He doesn't think he's a villain. He calls it mercy. He sees himself as our savior. By downsizing the entire universe, he's saving the remaining 50 percent of us.

Spoilers for the comic book and Infinity War:

In the comic book, Thanos basically had an obsessive crush on the personification of Death, a woman who is sometimes portrayed as a female skeleton and sometimes as a human. However, Death doesn't really say much, if anything, from what I can remember, and she basically doesn't respond to Thanos.

Thanos thinks he can win her over if he shows his willingness to wipe out half the life in the universe, which he does. It worked in the comic book, but I am glad they didn't go that route for Thanos' motivation in the film version. I actually prefer the film version of Thanos over the comic book version now.

Then good for left wingers, and good for Thanos. Maybe he watched too many tide pod challenge videos, and had enough.

Spoilers for the comic book and Infinity War:

In the comic book, Thanos basically had an obsessive crush on the personification of Death, a woman who is sometimes portrayed as a female skeleton and sometimes as a human. However, Death doesn't really say much, if anything, from what I can remember, and she basically doesn't respond to Thanos.

Thanos thinks he can win her over if he shows his willingness to wipe out half the life in the universe, which he does. It worked in the comic book, but I am glad they didn't go that route for Thanos' motivation in the film version. I actually prefer the film version of Thanos over the comic book version now.

In the comics Death was that girl at school you had a crush on, but she didn't know you exist. I did like the comic book story line, but there obviously wasn't enough room to flesh out that backstory in the movies. What they did in the movie made sense based on what they had to work with.

I'm actually in the middle of rereading the Infinity War and Infinity Gauntlet stories after watching the movie. :thup:

Spoilers......

So......Thanos wants those stupid stones so he can murder 50% of the population of the universe...why?...overpopulation.....he is a left wing super hero, doing what they wish they could do....murder half the people without the muss and fuss of mass graves.....

Left wingers finally get their dream...... but they are still sad it only happens in the movies......

Why Is Thanos Considered the Bad Guy?

And why does Thanos do this? His explanation will sound familiar to anyone who has ever debated climate change or abortion with a liberal: A planet's resources are finite, but life's urge to propagate itself is not. If life is left unchecked, eventually there will be too many mouths to feed. Something must be done before it's too late. Etc.

That's why Thanos goes from one planet to the next, wiping out half the inhabitants before moving on. That's why he saves himself a lot of travel time and finally seizes the power to achieve his ultimate goal in an instant. (Genocide by telecommute.) He doesn't think he's a villain. He calls it mercy. He sees himself as our savior. By downsizing the entire universe, he's saving the remaining 50 percent of us.
Oh yeah, that's right. The trumpanzees are clutching their pearls over a comic book movie. :71:

im behind....i just got through watching Logan.....

I was never a big fan of the Fox movies, but Logan and Deadpool knocked it out of the park in my opinion. Infinity War wasn't the best MCU movie, but still pretty good.
Deadpool was pretty good....

Both Logan and Deadpool were good, but nothing beats the older Fantastic Four movies. Making Galactus a giant fart cloud was possibly the best comic book movie decision ever made. :eusa_shifty: :scared1:

I was never a big fan of the Fox movies, but Logan and Deadpool knocked it out of the park in my opinion. Infinity War wasn't the best MCU movie, but still pretty good.

Both Logan and Deadpool were good, but nothing beats the older Fantastic Four movies. Making Galactus a giant fart cloud was possibly the best comic book movie decision ever made. :eusa_shifty: :scared1:
you ever see the one from 94?.....

[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ffmovie1994.jpg']

Promotional still of The Fantastic Four
[/URL]

I think I have seen parts of it. Those older comic books movies and series are fun to watch just because of how terrible they are. :lol:

this one actually followed the comics pretty well.....even Bens girlfriend Alicia was in it....it had a million dollar budget....

Forum List

Back