Lefties Pretend To Be Religious

Kathianne said:
I'm not reading through the whole thread, so I'll be the jackass. My take, if for some reason male or female, most likely with kids, needs welfare; there should be a 'grace period' perhaps 6mth, maybe a year, then get your butt into gear. Some kind of job. If minimum wage is the best you can do, then let 'earned income credits' get you to a living wage.

One of the issues with the welfare topic was lying on your job search sheet. I understand there should be some grace period, and there even might be, I don't know. But, at this point, we are basically talking about ways people can get around requirments on order to prolong cash benefits without working anywhere - I think :wtf: .

rtwngAvngr said:
Some on welfare = anyone on welfare?

This is either sheer idiocy or taken out of context on purpose. Some on welfare = anyone...WHO RECIEVES CASH FROM WELFARE

You've gone loony. And you know shattered is right. All they really have to do is give a half assed effort at a few interviews to keep benefits. Why don't you get a handle on yourself and quit misrepresenting things.

Have you ever been on Welfare? Do you ever wonder if you really know what it's like? You do know that people on these programs feel the stigma our society projects towards them, and work hard to relieve this stigma by trying to get off Welfare. That's why the number of people on Welfare has been decreasing.

ICTP doesn't believe people would try to scam the system by not giving a full effort on an interview. He looks for the best in people.

IControlThePast said:
This is either sheer idiocy or taken out of context on purpose. Some on welfare = anyone...WHO RECIEVES CASH FROM WELFARE

Have you ever been on Welfare? Do you ever wonder if you really know what it's like? You do know that people on these programs feel the stigma our society projects towards them, and work hard to relieve this stigma by trying to get off Welfare. That's why the number of people on Welfare has been decreasing.

You're full of poopy.

:dance:

Said1 said:
Am I the only one confused?

Ok, here's the problem, you don't know the welfare lingo. People getting cash have to work for it except for the two states and even then, they require you to work, or something. Others are getting different forms of aid, such as food stamps while employed, that is why they are not getting cash. Is that what you are trying to say?

Just so you know, people really DO sit around and collect cash welfare, regardless of state. It's not a Canadian phenomena.

Yes.

Now I'm confused. How do people sit around and collect cash from welfare if welfare doesn't give out the cash to people who sit around? People now have to actually do work to recieve the money, not just look for a job.

rtwngAvngr said:
sentence fragment?

You're losing it bucko. Take a break.

Do you have any problem understanding those statements to have any objection towards them? Would you like me to go back through this thread and point out your grammatical errors. You've said "your" instead of "you're" at least three times, but it doesn't matter. Sentence fragments don't matter either; this is an informal medium.

rtwngAvngr said:
There SHOULD be a stigma attached being on welfare.

There is, at least in my mind. I didn't go on welfare, even when my income was $200 month and my rent $600. I got the difference from my folks, who would have gone nuts at my receiving welfare. Not so the father of my children, making over $180k per year.

Something needs to be done, to make sure that those that need it, get it, those that don't because someone else should be responsible, pays. The courts never went back to pay my folks back, would they have the government?

IControlThePast said:
Do you have any problem understanding those statements to have any objection towards them? Would you like me to go back through this thread and point out your grammatical errors. You've said "your" instead of "you're" at least three times, but it doesn't matter. Sentence fragments don't matter either; this is an informal medium.

Your entire last series of posts on this topic has been a calculated lie. People can get welfare with a minimum of deceptive effort. Please don't portray to our Candian friend that our system is hunky dory.

IControlThePast said:
Of course, and there is a stigma.

As there should be. I deduced from your apparent rancor that you believed there should NOT be a stigma.

http://www.workwelfareandfamilies.org/home/TANF.html
What is TANF?

The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is the current federal welfare program. The program includes cash assistance to low income families. Atypical Chicago family of three can receive TANF benefits if they have less than $3,050 in assets (excluding things like a home or a car) and earn less than $400 per month. Benefits are limited to 60 months in a person?s lifetime. In the vast majority of cases, a person receiving benefits through the TANF program must participate in some type of work activity. These activities include employment, job searches, community service and some job training and education.

a job search is a valid activity to keep receiving benefits. Case closed. ICTP is a fraud.

Said1 said:
They probably don't need an interview to meet the job search requirments. They get credit for the effort. :rolleyes:

That's exactly right. The manager of the place they apply merely signs his/her name on a line indicating they filled out an application - benefits continue.

rtwngAvngr said:
http://www.workwelfareandfamilies.org/home/TANF.html

a job search is a valid activity to keep receiving benefits. Case closed. ICTP is a fraud.

Read it again and closely.

Only low income families are provided cash assistance. The children are provided the cash assistance, the able bodied adults are not. Searching for a job is necessary for recieving the in-kind benefits, and doesn't deal with the cash, because the cash assistance is going to people who aren't abled bodied workers, the children.

IControlThePast said:

Only low income families are provided cash assistance. The children are provided the cash assistance, the able bodied adults are not. Searching for a job is necessary for recieving the in-kind benefits, and doesn't deal with the cash, because the cash assistance is going to people who aren't abled bodied workers, the children.

Go find the text and quote it and bold the part that you think says this.

IControlThePast said:

The checks are being mailed to the house - the adults in the household get/open/cash/SPEND the money. If you think it's being used strictly for kids in all cases, you're on crack. You get X amount of dollars for daily necessities, and THEN X amount of dollars for each child you have, as well as food stamps, and in some cases of small children, WIC checks.

Merely APPLYING is one of the only requirements for continuing to receive benefits - you don't actually have to interview, or even get a job.

ICTP who is the job search activity intended for? Adults or children.

Shattered said:
The checks are being mailed to the house - the adults in the household get/open/cash/SPEND the money. If you think it's being used strictly for kids in all cases, you're on crack. You get X amount of dollars for daily necessities, and THEN X amount of dollars for each child you have, as well as food stamps, and in some cases of small children, WIC checks.

Merely APPLYING is one of the only requirements for continuing to receive benefits - you don't actually have to interview, or even get a job.

shattered, since you are childless I doubt you can speak of how much kids cost on a day to day basis, other than your genius opinion, of course. I never took welfare, though I would have, if my kids needed it.

I know, that makes me a fuk up in the shatter world.

Kathianne said:
shattered, since you are childless I doubt you can speak of how much kids cost on a day to day basis, other than your genius opinion, of course. I never took welfare, though I would have, if my kids needed it.

I know, that makes me a fuk up in the shatter world.

Why are you getting all in a huff? This was about the topic at hand. People CAN get welfare by just LOOKING for jobs. We all know you're the alpha female kathianee, so chill out.

Forum List

Back