Leftists: Still Down for De-funding and Dismantling the Police?

Once again...how do you expect the Police to protect us in an increasingly dangerous world if they don't have the same level of firepower as terrorists or organized crime?

Terrorists here nor does organized crime have military vehicles.

Why would the cops try and gain entry into a home and risk getting gunned down where there's a hostage situation when if they had an armored vehicle they could use the ram to bust down the door and use the vehicle for protection while they stacked up before entry?

De-escalate.

UPDATE: Suspect who was at the center of a swat standoff in Vienna appears in court.
I have no idea what this cite is supposed to illustrate? Do you? A man with mental issues goes into a Fire Station with a BB gun and you think that's indicative of what the Police face these days?

A professional was sent in as opposed to an armored military vehicle.
THE GUY HAD A BB GUN! HE WAS 70 YEAR OLD! What's your point?

Here we are again. I made my point.

Once again...how do you expect the Police to protect us in an increasingly dangerous world if they don't have the same level of firepower as terrorists or organized crime?

Terrorists here nor does organized crime have military vehicles.

Why would the cops try and gain entry into a home and risk getting gunned down where there's a hostage situation when if they had an armored vehicle they could use the ram to bust down the door and use the vehicle for protection while they stacked up before entry?

De-escalate.

UPDATE: Suspect who was at the center of a swat standoff in Vienna appears in court.
I have no idea what this cite is supposed to illustrate? Do you? A man with mental issues goes into a Fire Station with a BB gun and you think that's indicative of what the Police face these days?

A professional was sent in as opposed to an armored military vehicle.
THE GUY HAD A BB GUN! HE WAS 70 YEAR OLD! What's your point?

Here we are again. I made my point.
Oh, my god...you DIDNT make your point! I don't even think you know what your point IS at this point! You deal in generalized "slogans" and then bristle if anyone asks you to provide specifics!

You want a tongue in cheek example of how you make "points", PK?

PK: "I believe in World Peace!"
Reporter: "How then would you address the conflicts between Israel and Iran?"
PK: "As I said...I believe in World Peace!"
Reporter: "Ah, that doesn't answer my question, Sir."
PK: "I answered that. If you're not going to listen to what I'm saying then why should I waste my time explaining it to you!"
Reporter: "But you didn't answer my question!"
PK: "Yes I did and it was an inciteful answer! Next question!"

Why we need reform. These people had their civil rights clearly violated because of the careless actions of the police force. A violations of a persons rights like this should bring criminal charges.

No Charges For Colorado Officers Who Held Black Children At Gunpoint
And once again...those are reforms that should be handled through the courts! Defunding the Police has nothing to do with setting legal standards.

The police investigated themselves. To end that requires reform. The courts can not address this if it does not get to them.

So how do the Police deal with terrorists or drug cartels using one of these?

Shoot it down.
With what? You don't think the Police should have militaristic weapons! Nor do you think they should be able to shelter in an armored vehicle while some drug cartel terrorist flies a drone loaded with C4 explosives at them!

Why we need reform. These people had their civil rights clearly violated because of the careless actions of the police force. A violations of a persons rights like this should bring criminal charges.

And once again...those are reforms that should be handled through the courts! Defunding the Police has nothing to do with setting legal standards.

The police investigated themselves. To end that requires reform. The courts can not address this if it does not get to them.
Does not get to them? Who's preventing that from taking place? The Police? You do realize that the Police do not write the law...nor do they determine the cases that appear before the courts?

Does not get to them? Who's preventing that from taking place? The Police? You do realize that the Police do not write the law...nor do they determine the cases that appear before the courts?

They did here. They investigated themselves.

I never felt local police funding was a national issue. I don't want those in Portland and Minneapolis sticking their nose into how our town allocates our tax funds. Likewise it never occurred to me to look into the money outlays of Portland and Minneapolis to judge how they allocate theirs. My only opinion is that federal funding shouldn't make up for any amount their police budgets are reduced. When our Republican Senate candidate's ads brought up the issue of defunding it didn't register any concern from me.

The Police DO NOT write the laws. That is done by the Courts and Congress. If you have an issue with a matter of law then you have an issue with the Courts and Congress...NOT the Police!

The Police DO NOT write the laws. That is done by the Courts. If you have an issue with a matter of law then you have an issue with the Courts...NOT the Police!
You think the Police DO write the laws? You're not the brightest bulb on the tree...are you?

Hmmm....sounds a lot like voter fraud and the dems.

About 10% of us conceal carry. You and your daughter are not one of them, so, who are you going to call when your daughter gets dragged into the alley while you are coming to after a surprise knock out punch?
But that is what we would have to do, Irish Ram. That's the obvious alternative to the police, and people are making a good case that police are quitting country-wide -- and who can blame them? And not signing up to train to become police. We are certainly going to have a dearth of police, but we still have to defend ourselves. Ergo, we'll arm up and carry. I myself do not know what the alternative would be. Ohio just instituted a "stand your ground" law. There will be more states going that way. Have to be.

Who is demanding there should be more police? The argument was concerning how those responsible for protecting the Capital could have been so clueless.

A few things:

1. BLM and Democrats criticized any police show of force as the reason for an escalation in violence, and didn't hold the criminals accountable for their actions. Here, we had a tamed show of force, and obviously the criminals didn't care. It appears the BLM and Democrats were wrong. Rioters and violent extremists will be monsters, so we need maximum police forces.

2. Dismantling police would have meant far less than what was there to begin with.
Hey pal. Not a good idea for a new guy to start a thread about censoring his thread to the mods...lol

Have you gotten your materials yet? We have a one week course of a total of 7 days 10 hrs each to read and understand all the rules here. You'll take tons of notes so sharpen the pencil.

I'm suprised you didn't get the manual yet. You may mistake it for a bible sized book. Then you have to take a 200 questin test and get no less than 90? one chance. Or you will be banned.

Honest question. It was the blaring demand by the left during most of 2020. Now, these same people are demanding that there should have been more police.

Quite ironic. So which is it? Would social workers on the front lines have been able to stop this violence?
Maybe if the social workers are all equipped with Thorazine dart guns to calm down the delusional Trumptard crazies.

You guys should be wishing they were defunded. Maybe your putsch would have been successful then.

Honest question. It was the blaring demand by the left during most of 2020. Now, these same people are demanding that there should have been more police.

Quite ironic. So which is it? Would social workers on the front lines have been able to stop this violence?

do you look at the shit show performance of the capital police and think “give these guys a raise !”

Forum List

Back