Legacies: Atheist Vs Christian

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
The Bible is clear:
A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
Proverbs 22:1

It is wise to consider that who we choose to live for and serve (Jesus Christ or Satan) has long term consequences. Our choices determine what sort of legacy we leave not only to our children but to our communities, our cities, our nation. In a quote from Al Sanders in Crisis In Morality - Mr. Sanders gives us reason for thought on this matter. Consider these facts that he presents from his writings:

Max Jukes, the atheist, lived a godless life. He married a godless girl, and from the union there were 310 who died paupers, 150 criminals, 7 were murderers, 100 were drunkards, and more than half of the women were prostitutes. His 540 descendants cost the State one and a quarter million dollars.

But praise God, it works both ways!

There is a record of a great American man of God named Jonathan Edwards. He lived at the same time as Max Jukes, but he married a godly girl. An investigation was made of 1,394 known descendants of Jonathan Edwards of which 13 became college presidents, 65 college professors, 3 United States senators, 30 judges, 100 lawyers, 60 physicians, 75 army and navy officers, 100 preachers and missionaries, 60 authors of prominence, one vice-president of the United States, 80 became public officials in other capacities, 295 college graduates, among whom were governors of states and ministers to foreign countries. His descendants did not cost the State a single penny.

The memory of the just is blessed! -Proverbs 10:7

Jonathan Edwards v. Max Jukes The Moral Liberal The Moral Liberal

Last edited:
Thank you, Luddly. I want to make clear it is not intended to be an insult in any way,shape or form but ask yourself this question.... Am I really harmed by someone who loves me and prays for me once or twice a day? That I will be kept safe, protected from harm, given an opportunity to know the love of God? Is that such a bad thing?

Yes, Edwards preached Sinners in the hands of an angry God and God most definitely blessed him for it but what would be the alternative? To say nothing? I cannot do that. And yes. I pray for your protection because I do not want any bad thing to befall you! Still, I am going to preach on hell because hell is real and I don't want any of you going there!!!!

By the way, how is your foot? Are you walking now without any pain? I did pray for your complete recovery.

Question--where does it say Max Jukes was an atheist?

You do know there are theists that fit the description of Max Jukes.

Also, during the time Max Jukes lived(1720), it is highly doubtful you could call him an atheist, but probably someone who held a belief in God and numerous other superstitions.

Maybe living in a world of unfounded delusions is key to what happened to the Jukes clan?

Question--where does it say Max Jukes was an atheist?

You do know there are theists that fit the description of Max Jukes.

Also, during the time Max Jukes lived(1720), it is highly doubtful you could call him an atheist, but probably someone who held a belief in God and numerous other superstitions.

Maybe living in a world of unfounded delusions is key to what happened to the Jukes clan?

In the Book by Leonard Ravenhill - titled - Sodom had no Bible. I have the Book and on page 150 Leonard Ravenhill quotes Al Sanders in his own book, Crisis in Morality. Which I did quote word for word for the readers. It begins........Max Jukes, the atheist, lived a godless life.... Now as I cannot hand you the book for you to examine - I offered the link for verification of the information given (public record) but I can also offer you this link for the verification that Max Jukes was an atheist.

Here is the Book on audio by Leonard Ravenhill. You'll be looking for Chapter 23 Jonathan Edwards "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" 1703-1758.

Sodom Had No Bible - by Leonard Ravenhill - re-recorded to improve quality by Peter-John Parisis SermonAudio.com

Some on the left understand the Most Excellent Wisdom of our Founding Fathers and the Most Excellent job they did at the convention with our secular and temporal and supreme, law of the land. It contains all of the secular and temporal morals we need to accomplish this political objective:

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

The Crusades, the Inquisition, the Spanish conquest of the Americas, the persecution of Jews, the European colonization and oppression of peoples worldwide, failure of all flavors of so-called Christians to demand that anyone calling him/her self 'Christian' act like it and reject racism and all hatred, all these are contributions not made by atheists.

The Crusades, the Inquisition, the Spanish conquest of the Americas, the persecution of Jews, the European colonization and oppression of peoples worldwide, failure of all flavors of so-called Christians to demand that anyone calling him/her self 'Christian' act like it and reject racism and all hatred, all these are contributions not made by atheists.

I believe I have made it clear already that Roman Catholics are not Christians. There is no history of Protestants holding Inquisitions, Crusades, persecuting Jews, none....... Roman Catholicism comes out of the Babylonian occult religion and I would equate it with Paganism or Satanism. See Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop for the true history of the Romanist religion.

Interesting but you can also identify cults by the history of their families as well. Look at the Kennedy family. Drug addicts, alcoholics, womanizers, murderers, rapists.... one daughter was put in an asylum... the entire family was under a curse ..... same type legacy with Catholic Mafia families - the bloodshed, criminal lifestyles handed down generation after generation after generation...... same with the Mormon founder - the occult background of his family, he ended up hunted down by the townspeople he had brought to wrath, he was responsible for involving his brother as well and he also died..... terrible legacy...

Look at the history of Karl Marx - his children taking their own lives, suicides, money troubles, not a single success story from his own lineage, what a sad case ....Aleister Crowley is another example of a life that was under a curse and he brought it upon his own bloodline as well...... but there is good news!

A man can become born again and receive Jesus Christ and break those generational curses! Anton Lavey's own son became a born again Christian and broke the curses off of his future bloodline! I came from a Roman Catholic family that was under a curse and have broken those curses over my own house / family members who are all Believers in Jesus Christ as well. Generational curses can be broken through the Blood of Jesus Christ. The good news is that the Generational curse we see in the story of Max Jukes can be broken! The answer is Jesus Christ.

The descendants of Max Jukes today could receive Jesus Christ as LORD and break that generational curse over their future bloodline. Same goes for the Kennedy family. They could leave Catholicism behind, repent, become born again and break that generational curse their own father / grandfather, great grandfather, great great grandfather..... brought upon them...

There is No Ambiguity in the Most Excellent job our Founding Fathers ordained and established for us as their Posterity.

Nothing is more natural nor common than first to use a general phrase, and then to explain and qualify it by a recital of particulars. But the idea of an enumeration of particulars which neither explain nor qualify the general meaning, and can have no other effect than to confound and mislead, is an absurdity, which, as we are reduced to the dilemma of charging either on the authors of the objection or on the authors of the Constitution, we must take the liberty of supposing, had not its origin with the latter.--The Federalist Number Forty-One

There is No Ambiguity in the Most Excellent job our Founding Fathers ordained and established for us as their Posterity.

Nothing is more natural nor common than first to use a general phrase, and then to explain and qualify it by a recital of particulars. But the idea of an enumeration of particulars which neither explain nor qualify the general meaning, and can have no other effect than to confound and mislead, is an absurdity, which, as we are reduced to the dilemma of charging either on the authors of the objection or on the authors of the Constitution, we must take the liberty of supposing, had not its origin with the latter.--The Federalist Number Forty-One
Read Washington in the Lap of Rome. It's a work that should be revived in our day.

There is no history of Protestants holding Inquisitions, Crusades, persecuting Jews, none.......

You really need to read up on the Thirty Years War. Protestants did all the same vicious things Catholics did, and then topped it off with Witch Trials.

Forum List

Back