Legalize it!

I'm completely pro-legalization of marijuana. The gov. could step in and sell pot making huge amounts of rev. in taxes, which can help pay off our debt. We'll also save millions by not having to fight the drug dealers and lock up men and women who sell the drug. Pot is medically useful and much less dangerous than alcohol.

Why haven't we legalized this drug yet?

I support decriminalizing it, but I don't want the government trying to get revenue from it. Keep it cheap, but illegal to export.

I'm completely pro-legalization of marijuana. The gov. could step in and sell pot making huge amounts of rev. in taxes, which can help pay off our debt. We'll also save millions by not having to fight the drug dealers and lock up men and women who sell the drug. Pot is medically useful and much less dangerous than alcohol.

I support decriminalizing it, but I don't want the government trying to get revenue from it. Keep it cheap, but illegal to export.
Not a prob!!

You know of any home-brewers (or home-made wine-makers) that are paying any taxes?

Not a prob!!

You know of any home-brewers (or home-made wine-makers) that are paying any taxes?

You shouldn't have to pay taxes for your own consumption. All the Italian farmers had their own vineyards where I grew up.

I don't think legalizing crack would change that industry much. I don't think it could be grown outside the tropics, so Hawaii would be about it. I could see decriminalizing amounts for personal consumption and pushing for treatment programs, but it's very addicting. It wouldn't be wise to encourage it's use.

Not a prob!!

You shouldn't have to pay taxes for your own consumption. All the Italian farmers had their own vineyards where I grew up.
That was my point.

Just legalize the damn thing. I'm sick and tired of wasting money on preventing pot use. The government's been trying to eliminate the stuff for nearly 70 years now and they've barely made a dent. I say we legalize it and regulate use.

:cuckoo:Yeah for sure. Go ahead and legalize it. Suprise...one thing though you wont be able to regulate its use though. So take cover.

We'll manage.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96vow07OJc]True History of Marijuana Full Movie - YouTube[/ame]

People just need the Truth.

Why do we stop at pot, legalize all of it. Regulate it, let pros manufacture it, let the government tax the hell out of it. Then use the tax money to educate people on it.

Then do the same to prostitution.

Like every other social ill in this country, current systems simply are not working.

It's time to think outside of the box here. Time to experiment with new procedures and see if there is another approach.

There are some very glaring facts which government (and conservatives) flatly refuse to acknowledge:

1) You can not tell people what they can and can not do their own bodies.
2) Where you have a demand, you will have a supply. If people really want to do drugs, they will find them. Obviously the demand for drugs is high because drugs are everywhere and in abundance. If the thought of any drug becoming legal gets you excited, then it is very likely you are already a user.
3) With these facts above, making it illegal, whatever "it" is, won't make a damn bit of difference.

The US government will never be able to eradicate drug use. Never, never, never. Time to get used to that fact.

People turn to drug use for myriad reasons. People's drug use comes in varying degrees.

The worst cases are those who have turned over their entire lives to drug use. They've given up their homes and their loved ones for a fix. City streets are filled with drug-addicted homeless people (the majority of homeless are there because of drugs and alcohol) and they will remain there until each one of those people decides they have had enough and makes the decision to do something about it themselves.

New approaches are needed to clean up the streets. I'm sick of the drug addicted homeless littering the streets, filthing up the place, doing what it is they do in order to score.

If someone has decided that drugs or alcohol is more important to them than keeping a roof over their head, then taxpayers should just give it to them. Set up facilities in isolated, remote areas in the US, like the desert or in the mountains for example, and give everyone their daily dose of whatever it is they want. In return, they live there, they undergo daily counseling and education, they're given opportunities to get their lives back together again should they decide they've had enough. The draw of free drugs will make them migrate on their own free will and in doing so, it will get them off the streets and into counseling where they belong. And if people never come to the decision they want to clean themselves up, well then so be it. What difference does it make? They either die on the streets or they die in the facility.

New approaches people. If the system isn't working, then it's time to change the system.

Gee.....here was your opportunity to "better inform" me.....and, you "punted".

318.gif

BTW....that's p-r-o-b-a-b-l-y.​

If you knew the depth of this issue as well as you know how to spell then I wouldn't need to...btw I didnt punt Mr Sherman, its just that I doubt you really want to learn...you seam to have a head of steam based on the traditionally framed discussion on this topic and unless you are willing to take in some info from someone who knows first hand things you may not know then I would just be wasting my time...just show me a sign and I'll be willin'

I've gotten high since the Summer o' '68. I don't need some wannabe-Teabagger telling me the way things are. You've got ZERO info I haven't heard, before.

BTW....that's "...you s-e-e-m to have...".​

Really? Then you must have a list of qualifications as long as my arm...where have you been, what have you done? What besides opening your mouth have you done to learn anything I have learned?
I've read this pathetic thread and if your vast depth of knowledge has been capsulized here then there is much cause for me to laugh.
"Wannabe teabagger" ? did you seriously just write that?
Dude Im the only one here (so far as i can tell) who is unaffiliated and glad for it.
On the other hand from my view you are a trader to the plant and to your own species when you act the way you do towards me and this issue.
You should prolly be working for Monsanto et al because if your not then your being tricked into voluntary servitude.:cuckoo:
ps..your movie is very short on the full history especially what its all been for and whats about to come into being brought to us by your corporate Monsanto check writers...if your smart enough to be getting one bro..

Last edited:
Sorry Mr Sherman, I tend to lose patients at times with totally duped and oblivious people as yourself who think they know this issue.
I will try to be more understanding.

People who don't want to legalize weed are the same ones who claim to need a gun to protect themselves from government interfernce. You want to tell other people what to do, but you don't want anyone telling YOU what to do. Ain't Merrucans great?

At this point, drugs need to be put into free fall with non-using citizens taking whatever methods of self protection that they can. Treat it like the end of prohibition treated alcohol. Let communities decide for themselves whether they want their city to be filled with drug addicts or not and beef up patrols to put a lid on stray overs.

See here's the point you flatly refuse to acknowledge: the streets are already filled with drug addicts.

America has not succeeded in diminishing the supply of drugs at all. Drugs are easy to get.

Legalizing drugs may increase the supply but reality dictates if you wanted to do drugs, you already are regardless of whether they are legal or not.

Really katzndogz, you and the others who want to keep wasting money on fighting an obvious losing battle are going to have to wake up to reality on this one.

Sorry Mr Sherman, I tend to lose patients at times with totally duped and oblivious people as yourself who think they know this issue.

I haven't had time to read the whole thread so I apologize if you've already listed the qualifications which make you think you know this issue so well. Perhaps you can refer me to this post? How is it you know so much about the subject and Mr. Shaman doesn't?

At this point, drugs need to be put into free fall with non-using citizens taking whatever methods of self protection that they can. Treat it like the end of prohibition treated alcohol. Let communities decide for themselves whether they want their city to be filled with drug addicts or not and beef up patrols to put a lid on stray overs.

See here's the point you flatly refuse to acknowledge: the streets are already filled with drug addicts.

America has not succeeded in diminishing the supply of drugs at all. Drugs are easy to get.

Legalizing drugs may increase the supply but reality dictates if you wanted to do drugs, you already are regardless of whether they are legal or not.

Really katzndogz, you and the others who want to keep wasting money on fighting an obvious losing battle are going to have to wake up to reality on this one.

At this POINT, DRUGS are so READILY AVAILABLE that those who do not want to use drugs should form communities where they may treat users with any degree of protection they wish to take and let the users kill themselves off. This includes self defense laws that give extra protection against actions taken against someone under the influence. Denying medical care to users.

I notice there was another drug success this morning with the death of Mindy McCready.

If you knew the depth of this issue as well as you know how to spell then I wouldn't need to...btw I didnt punt Mr Sherman, its just that I doubt you really want to learn...you seam to have a head of steam based on the traditionally framed discussion on this topic and unless you are willing to take in some info from someone who knows first hand things you may not know then I would just be wasting my time...just show me a sign and I'll be willin'

I've gotten high since the Summer o' '68. I don't need some wannabe-Teabagger telling me the way things are. You've got ZERO info I haven't heard, before.

BTW....that's "...you s-e-e-m to have...".​

Really? Then you must have a list of qualifications as long as my arm...where have you been, what have you done? What besides opening your mouth have you done to learn anything I have learned?
I've read this pathetic thread and if your vast depth of knowledge has been capsulized here then there is much cause for me to laugh.
"Wannabe teabagger" ? did you seriously just write that?
Dude Im the only one here (so far as i can tell) who is unaffiliated and glad for it.
On the other hand from my view you are a trader to the plant and to your own species when you act the way you do towards me and this issue.
You should prolly be working for Monsanto et al because if your not then your being tricked into voluntary servitude.:cuckoo:
ps..your movie is very short on the full history especially what its all been for and whats about to come into being brought to us by your corporate Monsanto check writers...if your smart enough to be getting one bro..

"....trader to the plant...."??? :eusa_eh:

"....should prolly be...."???
eusa_doh.gif

Are there any adults, there, that could take-over, for you???

:eusa_hand:

At this POINT, DRUGS are so READILY AVAILABLE that those who do not want to use drugs should form communities where they may treat users with any degree of protection they wish to take and let the users kill themselves off. This includes self defense laws that give extra protection against actions taken against someone under the influence. Denying medical care to users.

I notice there was another drug success this morning with the death of Mindy McCready.

Putting pot smokers with hard drug users is ridiculous and dangerous. Look at the Dutch example.

I haven't had time to read the whole thread so I apologize if you've already listed the qualifications which make you think you know this issue so well. Perhaps you can refer me to this post? How is it you know so much about the subject and Mr. Shaman doesn't?

I will attempt to list my 'qualifications' to speak on this subject if necessary (though I doubt you would have the patients to read it in its entirety) but for now can we just try using common sense?
The first thing that should always be discussed when addressing this issue is the simple question that in historical order naturally comes first:
Does gov have authority to outlaw you planting a seed? (on your own land for your own use/home manufacture of necessities etc)
Does gov have authority to outlaw a plant in general?
Only after those two questions are fully vetted is there any room for further discussion in whatever direction.
In other words we should necessarily be having a discussion about your fundamental inherent self-evident rights before we finally surrender or supplant those rights with the continuance of 'prohibition' under the heading of 'legalization'.
If more people saw this issue for the obvious issue it is then more people would probably have common ground to agree on rather than the endless tale chasing 'debate' about 'good or bad' plant etc which is exactly the 'debate' our corporate gov needs us to be having in their effort to bring forward the next stage/phase of prohibition.
This temporary test law that was imposed in Iraq during the beginning stages of 'occupation' is a good example of what Monsanto et al intends for us here in the USA asap and what better way to introduce such measures than with a plant like cannabis which is already illegal?
http://www.trade.gov/static/iraq_memo81.pdf

Iraq

The evolution and solidification of ultimate power and control is what we advocate if we advocate for 'legalization' not to mention (as most dont) the furtherance of the death of 'certain rights held by we the people'.
Running short on time at the moment but much more to be said so I'll be back later.

ps...you might check out these threads for more on the fundamental aspect of this if you have time:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/277445-what-does-the-9th-amendment-mean-to-you.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/garde...st-needed-plant-missing-from-your-garden.html

Putting pot smokers with hard drug users is ridiculous and dangerous. Look at the Dutch example.

Yes look at the Dutch example and why they started cracking down. If we looked at the Dutch example, we would understand they are trying to make right now, the wrong they did in the past.

Forum List

Back