Lesbian Says Priest denied me Communion at mom's funeral because I'm gay

There are specific requirements to receive Holy Communion.
There's no "Grey Area."
You're either prepared spiritually to receive - or you're not.
She wasn't.
Case closed.

Are you actually saying that you are a Catholic who is NOT judgmental of others? Did you read your own posts in this thread?

Yes I am, and Yes I have... I have made no judgements on the individual concerned. Idiot.

You just used the term, idiot, idiot. That is a judgmental term. You say you aren't judgmental but you demonstrate that you are.

No, dear, it's called voicing an opinion based on evidence. I'm not judging you. I'm simply commenting on your crap... which is idiocy... hence, you are an idiot.

I'm so happy that I left the RCC so many years ago. My friend, Toni, is still a Catholic. She's a lesbian and wants to be ordained as a priest. It will never happen.

That makes me sad. She'd make a good priest.

Monogamy for 20 years is not sin.

Not according to the Catholic Church! This woman is in obvious need of another religion, one that accepts her perversion and depravity as normal. Not to force the Church or the Priest to perform a religious ritual in violation of their own beliefs.

Monogamy is very Catholic. The Archdiocese insists the priest's action were AGAINST church policy.

Is homosexuality very Catholic. I would have sworn it wasn't. I am not a Catholic, but I would hate to see the Archdiocese start plactating whiney gays.

Yes I am, and Yes I have... I have made no judgements on the individual concerned. Idiot.

You just used the term, idiot, idiot. That is a judgmental term. You say you aren't judgmental but you demonstrate that you are.

No, dear, it's called voicing an opinion based on evidence. I'm not judging you. I'm simply commenting on your crap... which is idiocy... hence, you are an idiot.

Well, I'm not an idiot. Although I certainly question my sanity when I put up with ugliness from people like you.

Not a wholesome leisure activity.

I am not Catholic, but can a priest give communion to a non-catholic or an non practicing catholic? Anyway her looks most likely scared the Bejesus out of him.

I wonder if, as she walked toward the priest, the priest muttered under his breath "Holy shit, WTF is that?!"

:dunno:

Not according to the Catholic Church! This woman is in obvious need of another religion, one that accepts her perversion and depravity as normal. Not to force the Church or the Priest to perform a religious ritual in violation of their own beliefs.

Monogamy is very Catholic. The Archdiocese insists the priest's action were AGAINST church policy.

Is homosexuality very Catholic. I would have sworn it wasn't. I am not a Catholic, but I would hate to see the Archdiocese start plactating whiney gays.

The policy is to not reject Catholics at the communion altar. Whether that is a gay Catholic, a woman or man who is divorced and hasn't remarried in the RCC, or a woman using contraceptives.

The priest was wrong, the church apologized.

I am not Catholic, but can a priest give communion to a non-catholic or an non practicing catholic? Anyway her looks most likely scared the Bejesus out of him.

I wonder if, as she walked toward the priest, the priest muttered under his breath "Holy shit, WTF is that?!"

:dunno:

With photos and avatars like yours you have no business commenting on anyone's looks.

I'm so happy that I left the RCC so many years ago. My friend, Toni, is still a Catholic. She's a lesbian and wants to be ordained as a priest. It will never happen.

Apparently you have much more wisdom than your friend. You left a Church that had become objectionable to you. Your friend wants to control to the Church to her liking. Have you suggested Episcopalian? They have become quite gay friendly.

To demand that the Catholic Church change to accommodate homosexuals makes as much sense as Wiccans demanding that Synagogues start having services in the Circle under the moon.

well whoppdie doo

The policy is to not reject Catholics at the communion altar. Whether that is a gay Catholic, a woman or man who is divorced and hasn't remarried in the RCC, or a woman using contraceptives.

What's a "Communion Altar."

That's a new one.

Can't find it in my Catholic handbook.

Apparently you have much more wisdom than your friend. You left a Church that had become objectionable to you. Your friend wants to control to the Church to her liking. Have you suggested Episcopalian? They have become quite gay friendly.

To demand that the Catholic Church change to accommodate homosexuals makes as much sense as Wiccans demanding that Synagogues start having services in the Circle under the moon.

My friend and I facilitated a Raised Catholic group for women in the eighties. It was to help women either reconcile and go back to the Church or move on.

She chose to stay, and I moved on to Buddhism. Whether that makes me wiser than she remains to be seen.

My friend is not interested in moving churches. She is Catholic through and through and very stubborn. She loves the sacraments and the ritual.

Stubborness is a common Catholic trait, IMO. I ought to know, I was one.

Last edited:

Who Can Receive Communion? | Catholic Answers

The Church sets out specific guidelines regarding how we should prepare ourselves to receive the Lord’s body and blood in Communion. To receive Communion worthily, you must be in a state of grace, have made a good confession since your last mortal sin, believe in transubstantiation, observe the Eucharistic fast, and, finally, not be under an ecclesiastical censure such as excommunication.

First, you must be in a state of grace. "Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup" (1 Cor. 11:27–28). This is an absolute requirement which can never be dispensed. To receive the Eucharist without sanctifying grace in your soul profanes the Eucharist in the most grievous manner.

A mortal sin is any sin whose matter is grave and which has been committed willfully and with knowledge of its seriousness. Grave matter includes, but is not limited to, murder, receiving or participating in an abortion, homosexual acts, having sexual intercourse outside of marriage or in an invalid marriage, and deliberately engaging in impure thoughts (Matt. 5:28–29). Scripture contains lists of mortal sins (for example, 1 Cor. 6:9–10 and Gal. 5:19–21). For further information on what constitutes a mortal sin, see the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Who Can Receive Communion? | Catholic Answers

The Church sets out specific guidelines regarding how we should prepare ourselves to receive the Lord’s body and blood in Communion. To receive Communion worthily, you must be in a state of grace, have made a good confession since your last mortal sin, believe in transubstantiation, observe the Eucharistic fast, and, finally, not be under an ecclesiastical censure such as excommunication.

First, you must be in a state of grace. "Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup" (1 Cor. 11:27–28). This is an absolute requirement which can never be dispensed. To receive the Eucharist without sanctifying grace in your soul profanes the Eucharist in the most grievous manner.

A mortal sin is any sin whose matter is grave and which has been committed willfully and with knowledge of its seriousness. Grave matter includes, but is not limited to, murder, receiving or participating in an abortion, homosexual acts, having sexual intercourse outside of marriage or in an invalid marriage, and deliberately engaging in impure thoughts (Matt. 5:28–29). Scripture contains lists of mortal sins (for example, 1 Cor. 6:9–10 and Gal. 5:19–21). For further information on what constitutes a mortal sin, see the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

and you just know she didn't make a good confession, right?

What's a "Communion Altar."

That's a new one.

Can't find it in my Catholic handbook.

You are joking, right?

how do you know she's fallen away? there's nothing in evidence to show that, unless i missed it in the article.

the priest acted reprehensibly, imo.
I just suspect it. She would have to be masochistic to be reminded every Sunday that she is in sin.

Maybe she is.

Maybe she isn't. Stop acting like your opinions are fact.
Ah, my use of the word "suspect" confuses you.

But good to know that my suspicions are facts to you. :thup:

Forum List

Back