Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

whats to

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

whats to chat about???
they dont believe in anything,,,

Reading comprehension seems to be your forte.

Regards
DL

Atheism isn't a religion. Being an atheist doesn't require any sort of mental or emotional investment, doesn't require a debate or discussion, there is no text to memorize, no rules to follow. No faith, no belief required. Just a simple fact. Like saying the sun is round, you leave it at that and there is no more to say or think about. The sun is round. Good. Discussion over.

So you do not follow any political or philosophical way of thinking.

Ok.

Many atheists do, as can be seen with the atheist churches.

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...theists-religious-european-christians/560936/

Regards
DL

Atheism isn't a religion. Being an atheist doesn't require any sort of mental or emotional investment, doesn't require a debate or discussion, there is no text to memorize, no rules to follow. No faith, no belief required. Just a simple fact. Like saying the sun is round, you leave it at that and there is no more to say or think about. The sun is round. Good. Discussion over.
A great many atheists were once very religious and are very familiar with the scriptures. I quit religion because of judgemental hypocrites covering up for pedophiles rather than a lack of belief. My loss of faith much came later after watching my mother die a slow, cruel, painful death. It was easier to just give it all up rather than walk around wanting to punch the face of God.

You are legion.

Have a look at the survey and stats above.

Regards
DL

I either believe in a Supreme Being or I want to believe in one. However, the current conduct of some Christians, some Muslims, and some Jews ( don't know about the other faiths) has made the conflict far more difficult and provided a clear incentive to become an atheist. I shy away from using the term "God" in any language do its use by these people to justify their aggression toward others and other bad acts stemming from politics and a desire for earthly power.

I once met a noted Christian author in a receiving line, and told him that he was saving specifically the Christian faith for me through his writings because I was so overwhelmed with all of the bullshit that has been produced by Christians that I was thinking about chucking the whole thing. He basically told me to find that little glimmer of truth in all the bullshit and work with that; that it was there, but I had to search for it. This gave me some inspiration to continue searching.

In the end, I don't think that any faith or denomination represents a total "truth" to the exclusion of all others. I rather think that there is a universal spark in most, if not all human beings, that the religions squelch, that unites all of us and leads us to try to do the right thing; a universal faith that guides us, perhaps under the direction of a Supreme Being/Creator.

I do not believe that any other human being can tell me exactly what my faith should be, as no human being knows. Maybe somebody has a good idea to offer, or maybe not. In the end, it is up to each individual to decide for her- or himself.

Very nicely put.

I see you as getting good advice, but you will only find what you want in the religion that was said to house the only good Christians.

Here is what you failed to find in your bible. Not surprising that as lying preachers never quote it.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail. Ignore the politics.

Regards
DL

..all religions are fake ...they are made up by humans

Fake as in not much good, I absolutely agree, unless it is one like Gnostic Christianity or Buddhism that puts man above god instead of god above man.

I just put a link above if you have time for it. That Jesus is not the Rome created Jesus that wants to slave us to organized religions. The Gnostic Jesus wants to free us from them.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, ---
Why would you call yourselves 'Christians' if you hold no supernatural beliefs? It seems to me 'messiahs' must be anointed by God. Where does you knowledge come from if not from God? Sounds supernatural to me.

I retain the Christian basically because of tradition and the use of the bible.

You are correct on the anointing tradition except that if is not from god.It is from the Jewish hierarchy and temple. Nowhere in scriptures is Jesus anointed king so Jesus should not be considered the Christ.

In the spiritual sense, he became the Christ only after his death, when he took the judgement seat.

Please see post 26 where that link suplies the rest of the answer.

Regards
DL

Yeah. You're saying one'd have to have a detailed knowledge of any god in whose existence one did not believe. Conversely, one logically would have to believe in the existence of any god of which one did not have a detailed knowledge.

So, how many of the world's gods do you have enough knowledge of to not believe in their existence? I mean there's the Greek, Roman, Nordic and Hindu pantheons just for starters.

By the same token, you must believe in the existence of an awful lot of gods whose names you do not even know.

I read about 8 different religions and more before finding the only worthy god for man.

An enlightened man who pushed hard enough to force his apotheosis.

His name is I am. Yes, I mean me.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Regards
DL

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

There is no way to be sensible with persons who claim that all the genetics of life wrote itself because nothingness decided to write code

You doubt that, while positing that someone even more complicated did just that.

???

Why have you decided that a genocidal god is worthy of you?

Are your morals not better than a genocidal god's?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

There is no way to be sensible with persons who claim that all the genetics of life wrote itself because nothingness decided to write code

You doubt that, while positing that someone even more complicated did just that.

???

Regards
DL

God created life here, the genocide is all up to atheist like you

God will be proved as soon as a human walks and lives on another planet and so will the made in his image line from the bible as well, the planet will be Mars by the way

Smile

CIAO

Last edited:
Gods code improves itself and adapts excellently to new environments.
Why does this sound exactly like evolution? I guess we're all darwins pond scum then.
Actually if you look at every year corvette you see an example of mechanical evolution. Why would God not create organisms that would better themselves without intervention?

Lol you can not change the past or influence the future from your perspective of ignorance

Does god create all DNA?

Why did he gift women with these strains? Was it a good reason.

Would you morals permit you to do such a vile thing?

What of genocide?

Are you immoral enough to ever use it and why on earth would you adore a satanic god that would?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

???

Regards
DL

God will be proved as soon as a human walks and lives on another planet and so will the made in his image line from the bible as well, the planet will be Mars by the way

Smile

CIAO

I am not an atheist, but I have never seen one like you who will greet Yahweh with a Heil mein Furer at the gates of hell.

I see that you are a moral coward who does not really want to know what kind of god you follow.

No problem. There are many like you, hell is full of your ilk.

Faith is not wanting to know the truth. Don't look, then you don't have to think of the morals you have.

Regards
DL

Gods code improves itself and adapts excellently to new environments.
Why does this sound exactly like evolution? I guess we're all darwins pond scum then.
Actually if you look at every year corvette you see an example of mechanical evolution. Why would God not create organisms that would better themselves without intervention?

Lol you can not change the past or influence the future from your perspective of ignorance

Does god create all DNA?

Why did he gift women with these strains? Was it a good reason.

Would you morals permit you to do such a vile thing?

What of genocide?

Are you immoral enough to ever use it and why on earth would you adore a satanic god that would?

Regards
DL

Either God wrote DNA or it wrote itself in a pond, which science can not validate in any way. It is the most powerful molecular computer program in the known universe. The things that you view as errors are actually the evolutionary change program in motion and it is evolution or the program changing to conditions that along with the desire to explore make the program immortal. The really odd thing is that theoretically we agree that if we could get a plant or bacteria to live on another planet that humans could spring from that seed. LOL you do believe in evolution right

Yawn

Regards
DL

???

Regards
DL

Smile

CIAO

I am not an atheist, but I have never seen one like you who will greet Yahweh with a Heil mein Furer at the gates of hell.

I see that you are a moral coward who does not really want to know what kind of god you follow.

No problem. There are many like you, hell is full of your ilk.

Faith is not wanting to know the truth. Don't look, then you don't have to think of the morals you have.

Regards
DL

Did your Mommy help you with that kid?

Yeah. You're saying one'd have to have a detailed knowledge of any god in whose existence one did not believe. Conversely, one logically would have to believe in the existence of any god of which one did not have a detailed knowledge.

So, how many of the world's gods do you have enough knowledge of to not believe in their existence? I mean there's the Greek, Roman, Nordic and Hindu pantheons just for starters.

By the same token, you must believe in the existence of an awful lot of gods whose names you do not even know.

No,
I'm saying that blind denial based on lack of knowledge, is no less a religious superstition.

How is your belief in the 'Great Boom' based on someone's credentials in a glass frame,
which you can neither confirm or contradict, different from belief in a hallucination of some dude who happened to have an epileptic episode in a cave?

There're only a handful real atheists in our world, the rest are a herd of sheeple who think it sounds smart and trendy, but essentially themselves deeply religious in that manner, and most are even more into religiosity than the Jesuit clerics, philosophers like Maimonides and etc. who actually spend a life rigorously observing the world around them, while studying in great detail both religious texts and works of science.

Last edited:

From your example, it would seem that Gnostic Christianity is rather arrogant.

Obviously not correct. A belief is not a religion. According to your definition, following your local sports team is a religion. Concentrating on your knitting is a religion. You've watered down the term so much that it's meaningless and useless.

If you have to twist the language like that to make your point, your point is obvious nonsense.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Forum List

Back