Lets focus on economics and a balanced budget

Nicholas_1982

VIP Member
Jun 20, 2015
total-spending-pie-2015.png

Ok so roughly 33% of the federal budget is discretionary spending. To balance the budget will require more than just cuts in discretionary spending.

One of the huge drivers of medicare and social security is the baby boomer generation retirees. We have an enormous number of old people drawing benefits. I think the current stat on ratio of those paying in for those receiving is 3:1 where as it was 15:1 when we started the program.

How do we get there?
1. do we cut social security benefits?
2. do we gut medicare?
3. do we lift the cap on taxed income?

we can talk about cutting food stamps or eliminating the department of education or cutting farm subsidies or foreign aid but those are such small pieces of the pie. Everything has to be on the table

geez. now you got me "started". I better get up and do something. sigh. Take good look at DEPT of Commerce? do we need all of this? there are hunders of these slushy wasteful boondoggle departments. Nice, they usually include an "other" to hide the party fund.

Department of Commerce
Bureau of Industry and Security
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Economic Development Administration
Economics and Statistics Administration
International Trade Administration
Minority Business Development Agency
National Institute of Standards and Technology
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
National Technical Information Service
National Telecommunications and Information Administration
Other
Regional Development Program
Technology Administration
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
United States Travel and Tourism Administration

geez. now you got me "started". I better get up and do something. sigh. Take good look at DEPT of Commerce? do we need all of this? there are hunders of these slushy wasteful boondoggle departments. Nice, they usually include an "other" to hide the party fund.

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

I agree 100% we have a bloated federal budget full of agencies that we can cut or shrink.

Again we have a $19 trillion deficit. to get that down we need everything on the table. Military, social security, education, commerce, etc etc.

View attachment 69109

Ok so roughly 33% of the federal budget is discretionary spending. To balance the budget will require more than just cuts in discretionary spending.

One of the huge drivers of medicare and social security is the baby boomer generation retirees. We have an enormous number of old people drawing benefits. I think the current stat on ratio of those paying in for those receiving is 3:1 where as it was 15:1 when we started the program.

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

we can talk about cutting food stamps or eliminating the department of education or cutting farm subsidies or foreign aid but those are such small pieces of the pie. Everything has to be on the table

Yes, yes and yes.

Trump will eliminate it all and make America great once more. At least that is what I hope.

My years and rough examination tells me the FED govt. could be cut by 1/2 right away and no one would know the difference. All of it.

but, you strike nerve with the "forced" retirement programs (SSI). They took our money for 50 years under "contract" to pay small pittance per month. The robbed that money for other waste? I hope we not expected to simply lay down and say............."thats' OK" we understand.

Medicare...........similar but............I don't know? They forcefully took those funds too?

There is no need to balance the federal budget.

Department of the Interior
Bureau of Indian Affairs and Bureau of Indian Education
Bureau of Land Management
Bureau of Mines
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
Bureau of Reclamation
Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement
Central Utah Project
Department-Wide Programs
Departmental Offices
Insular Affairs
Insular Affairs
National Biological Service
National Indian Gaming Commission
National Park Service
Office of Inspector General
Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement
Office of the Solicitor
Office of the Special Trustee for American Indians
Other
United States Fish and Wildlife Service
United States Geological Survey

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

I agree 100% we have a bloated federal budget full of agencies that we can cut or shrink.

Again we have a $19 trillion deficit. to get that down we need everything on the table. Military, social security, education, commerce, etc etc.

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

Trump will eliminate it all and make America great once more. At least that is what I hope.

Now what LL said is fascinating! And why is balancing the budget not needed? I thought that Bill Clinton's expansion, was helped along by his at least in real terms......coming close to balancing the budget. Are you suggesting that his administrations efforts were worth nothing in economic terms?

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

Now what LL said is fascinating! And why is balancing the budget not needed? I thought that Bill Clinton's expansion, was helped along by his at least in real terms......coming close to balancing the budget. Are you suggesting that his administrations efforts were worth nothing in economic terms?

Nope. Not cause and effect. Pointless to discuss it with those who don't wish to view he matter logically. This nation is not a business in need of funding and it is not a household.

Last edited:

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

Nope. Not cause and effect. Pointless to discuss it with those who don't wish to view he matter logically. This nation is not a business and it is not a household.

Ah the stupid MMT argument of government being capable of magic.

Go tell to this to Greece and Argentina. I am sure that they will find comfort in your "logic".

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

Nope. Not cause and effect. Pointless to discuss it with those who don't wish to view he matter logically. This nation is not a business and it is not a household.

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

Go tell to this to Greece and Argentina. I am sure that they will find comfort in your "logic".

So then, your own government has told you, me, and everyone else that..............THIS SPENDING IS UNSUSTAINABLE, but of course, you know better. Lone, you are now not the only one laughing, because everyone is laughing at you! Carry on-)

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

Neither has fiscal space to handle debt. We do. Simple. In order to grow the economy, we will require running a deficit. Not even a topic worthy of discussion....let alone debate.

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

So then, your own government has told you, me, and everyone else that..............THIS SPENDING IS UNSUSTAINABLE, but of course, you know better. Lone, you are now not the only one laughing, because everyone is laughing at you! Carry on-)

Our spending is most certainly not unsustainable. Some adjustment in where it is spent is in order....but we actually should be spending more.

Department of Commerce
Bureau of the Census
Departmental Management
Other

View attachment 69109

How do we get there?
2. do we gut medicare?

Yes, yes and yes.

Why do you qualify Clinton's budget surpluses?

My years and rough examination tells me the FED govt. could be cut by 1/2 right away and no one would know the difference. All of it.

but, you strike nerve with the "forced" retirement programs (SSI). They took our money for 50 years under "contract" to pay small pittance per month. The robbed that money for other waste? I hope we not expected to simply lay down and say............."thats' OK" we understand.

Medicare...........similar but............I don't know? They forcefully took those funds too?

Num.....

Are you back to working without a net?

Forum List

Back