Let's give them $15 an hour to kill your dog

A dog dryer? What madness is this? What happened to hair dryers? Dogs don't need grooming and shampooing just a brushing. If you feed them quality foods they have a nice coat and don't smell. I'd never trust anyone with my two dogs.

I saw a Judge Judy episode once where the groomers glued a dog's ear back on.

Some dogs must be groomed. Their fur will mat and they will become diseased. All dogs must be regularly bathed or they will get infectious skin diseases.

I had a dog dryer in my shop. The dogs loved it. But it was right in the part of the shop where I was. Not in a back room. I also had it regularly maintained so it wouldn't overheat. Some dogs do get dried off with a hand held dryer. Some dogs don't tolerate it.

This is a horrible accident. Petco is responsible and should pay the owners. But it is an accident.

• Banned
A dog dryer? What madness is this? What happened to hair dryers? Dogs don't need grooming and shampooing just a brushing. If you feed them quality foods they have a nice coat and don't smell. I'd never trust anyone with my two dogs.

I think the dog dryers were implemented as as way to keep down labor costs.

I disagree that dogs don't need grooming. First, every dog needs a bath at the very least, every now and again. Second, certain breeds require more or less grooming than others. Third, depending on the nature of the dog's activities and lifestyle they may need more grooming and bathing than others. A family farm dog is likely to need alot more due to spending alot of their time outside and in the dirt, mud, and cow shit.

I disagree that dogs don't need grooming. First, every dog needs a bath at the very least, every now and again. Second, certain breeds require more or less grooming than others. Third, depending on the nature of the dog's activities and lifestyle they may need more grooming and bathing than others. A family farm dog is likely to need alot more due to spending alot of their time outside and in the dirt, mud, and cow shit.
Dog dryers are used to lower the stress level for the dog. A large dog that's hyper won't tolerate having warm air blown on them for an hour or more.

Some dogs must be groomed. Their fur will mat and they will become diseased. All dogs must be regularly bathed or they will get infectious skin diseases.

I had a dog dryer in my shop. The dogs loved it. But it was right in the part of the shop where I was. Not in a back room. I also had it regularly maintained so it wouldn't overheat. Some dogs do get dried off with a hand held dryer. Some dogs don't tolerate it.

This is a horrible accident. Petco is responsible and should pay the owners. But it is an accident.
No, it was an act of negligence. And bullshit on all dogs must be bathed. I've had my two for 10 years and never bathed them. Healthy as can be.

I don't call brushing grooming. Maybe it is technically but to me a grooming implies shampooing and all. Yes some breeds need more brushing than others. If you're on a farm you're probably pretty good with a garden hose.

No, it was an act of negligence. And bullshit on all dogs must be bathed. I've had my two for 10 years and never bathed them. Healthy as can be.

Agree. I have boxers and unless they get in to something you really dont need to do shit to their coat.
I bath em maybe once a year,and I brush em just because they enjoy it.

Forum List

Back