🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's Reform The Individual Mandate In ACA

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Here's a modest proposal:
The Obamacare roll out and the rough time people have had getting insurance have led to many people not being able to get affordable insurance. If they can't prove they have insurance they will have to pay the penalty under Obamacare.
To help them out, let's let people opt out of the mandate. Perhaps they can simply make a statement that complying is a hardship and that will excuse them from the penalty.
What do you think?

How about single payer modeled after our public educational system. ;) This would be for the less well off of our society.

For the people that can pay private health care and health accounts. Both win and are happy!

We already have single payer for the less well off. It's called Medicaid.
What about the question? Let's reform the Individual Mandate. The thing the gov't argued was at the heart of the bill.

The 2014 penalty is tiny. It is basically a trial run year. By 2016 it is considerably more.

I think there is a real need for a public option. The problem is that the public option is harder to set up then it sounds.

The 2014 penalty is tiny. It is basically a trial run year. By 2016 it is considerably more.

I think there is a real need for a public option. The problem is that the public option is harder to set up then it sounds.

The public option is a suck idea.
But the penalty is a real problem. Even a small sum falls heavily on people having trouble paying their bills.

How about single payer modeled after our public educational system. ;)

You mean the education system in which we spend more per student than just about any other country in the world while producing ever shittier results for those that graduate, not to mention the phenomenal drop out rates?

THAT public education system? You want to emulate that?

Are you fucking retarded?

How about single payer modeled after our public educational system.

Great idea.

Obamacare doesn't suck nearly bad enough.

Let's bring in Single Payer (i.e. 100% govt-provided health insurance), and we'll soon wish we had Obamacare back!

Sounds like a plan! :cuckoo:

For people that can't, sure. Accept republican ideas of health care saving accounts for the people that can...

How about single payer modeled after our public educational system. ;)

You mean the education system in which we spend more per student than just about any other country in the world while producing ever shittier results for those that graduate, not to mention the phenomenal drop out rates?

THAT public education system? You want to emulate that?

Are you fucking retarded?

PROVE this claim with a citation of FACTS.

Your lying

How about single payer modeled after our public educational system.

Great idea.

Let's bring in Single Payer (i.e. 100% govt-provided health insurance), and we'll soon wish we had Obamacare back!

For people that can't, sure. Accept republican ideas of health care saving accounts for the people that can...

give us an example of where this idea has worked in reality?

you cant because it has NEVER worked anywhere

The Obamacare roll out and the rough time people have had getting insurance have led to many people not being able to get affordable insurance. If they can't prove they have insurance they will have to pay the penalty under Obamacare.
To help them out, let's let people opt out of the mandate. Perhaps they can simply make a statement that complying is a hardship and that will excuse them from the penalty.
What do you think?

I don't see why they should need to claim a 'hardship', but anything to skip that asinine provision of the law would be welcome.

What do you think?

This is going to make a lot of my Conservative Patriot friends angry but....

I've always been for mandatory participation in Health Insurance in this Country.

I think that anybody who refuses to buy Health Insurance should have to pay a fine of $5,000 per year and sign a release absolving all Hospitals, E-Rooms and Doctors of liability when they refuse to treat them for free.

Bleed to death on the Hospital door step, bitch.

It's called "Financial Responsibility"

In most States, you can't put a Car on the road without proving it but you can walk around the Country with the ability cost taxpayers HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS in FREE Health Care if you get hurt or seriously ill?

Fuck you.

Now, for those who can't afford it we need to buy it for them or, at the very least, subsidize it.

But here's the difference in my thoughts....

Buy it from Private Carriers. With a minimum approved level of coverage.......

NOT including acupuncture and maternity for 60 year old women.

The thing is this... And one reason I despise dimocrap scum so much...

Many of their ideas are pretty good... Especially the ones they steal from Conservatives... Like Universal Health Insurance

But they're stupid. And worse than that..... They're dishonest.

No, they're not dishonest they're LYING SCUM.

And they're incompetent. And stupid.

Had they bothered to work with Republicans, who have the requisite skills and know-how, this thing could have worked.

Now?

Now I think it's doomed. Maybe not. Kinda hope not but I think it is.

Because dimocraps are some stupid bitches.

And lying scumbags

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfl55GgHr5E]"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan." - Barack Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Let's Reform The Individual Mandate In ACA

Good idea.

We can "reform" it the way we "reformed" the 18th amendment.

Can't come too soon.

The only way your getting ACA gone is by replacing it with single payer.

live with reality

Great idea.

give us an example of where this idea has worked in reality?

you cant because it has NEVER worked anywhere

This is the only chance it has and I strongly believe that some personal choice for people should be within our health system.

Medicare age requirements will be continually reformed until all are in the system. That, of course, would not preclude anyone from having private insurance if so desired.

Forum List

Back