🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Let's Reform The Individual Mandate In ACA

Here's a modest proposal:
The Obamacare roll out and the rough time people have had getting insurance have led to many people not being able to get affordable insurance. If they can't prove they have insurance they will have to pay the penalty under Obamacare.
To help them out, let's let people opt out of the mandate. Perhaps they can simply make a statement that complying is a hardship and that will excuse them from the penalty.
What do you think?

Show me a person that claims the cost of health insurance is truly a hardship and I'll show you someone who qualifies for a subsidy.

Problem solved.

The 2014 penalty is tiny. It is basically a trial run year. By 2016 it is considerably more.

I think there is a real need for a public option. The problem is that the public option is harder to set up then it sounds.

The public option is a suck idea.
But the penalty is a real problem. Even a small sum falls heavily on people having trouble paying their bills.

What is wrong with a Public Option? It's the best of both worlds. "Shitty" government healthcare for all those dumb democrat moochers and amazing private insurance for all those self made, responsible conservative americans.

I dont see the connection here. The rule necessitating covering pre-existing conditions went into effect before the mandate.

It is all tied together.

Insurance companies cannot foot the bill for covering people with pre-existing conditions (non-healthy people) without the additional revenue from the individual mandate (healthy people)

How do you propose to pay?
But wouldn't it make sense to allow people who have experienced hardship getting insurance through ACA to opt out? Maybe just write a letter stating its been a hardship.

I really think they will be doing that initially

Long term, getting health insurance will be a routine process once you reach a certain age.

I'd like to see employers out of the insurance business totally. Issue policies to individuals and let them carry it for the same price wherever they work. Even if self employed

The Obamacare roll out and the rough time people have had getting insurance have led to many people not being able to get affordable insurance. If they can't prove they have insurance they will have to pay the penalty under Obamacare.
To help them out, let's let people opt out of the mandate. Perhaps they can simply make a statement that complying is a hardship and that will excuse them from the penalty.
What do you think?

Show me a person that claims the cost of health insurance is truly a hardship and I'll show you someone who qualifies for a subsidy.

Problem solved.
Even with subsidies some people cannot afford it. Recent bankrupts. Recently homeless.
Don't you think people should be able just to make a statement it is a hardship and opt out of the penalty?

The 2014 penalty is tiny. It is basically a trial run year. By 2016 it is considerably more.

I think there is a real need for a public option. The problem is that the public option is harder to set up then it sounds.

But the penalty is a real problem. Even a small sum falls heavily on people having trouble paying their bills.

What is wrong with a Public Option? It's the best of both worlds. "Shitty" government healthcare for all those dumb democrat moochers and amazing private insurance for all those self made, responsible conservative americans.
Because conservatives care about poor people, liberals don't.

What do you think?

How do you propose to pay for pre-existing conditions?

That is the reason the mandate is necessary

Because of course, Comrade, it's government's job to fine me for not wanting to pay for someone else's pre- existing condition through overpaying for my own insurance. So I can either pay for their pre-existing condition or not get insurance and pay a fine. Wow, that's not out of control government ,is it?

What do you think?

Problem solved.

As long as the insurance companies get their money, it's all good, right?

So, in other words, the worst off both worlds?

What do you think?

Problem solved.
Even with subsidies some people cannot afford it. Recent bankrupts. Recently homeless.
Don't you think people should be able just to make a statement it is a hardship and opt out of the penalty?

Yes, and they can. Why can't they do that now?

Because conservatives care about poor people, liberals don't.

So what does that have to do with the Public Option being a "suck idea". Try and stay focused.

What do you think?

Problem solved.

Not at all. But it's the shit system we have. I'd get rid of insurance companies all together if I could.

Tell us your ideal healthcare model.

Problem solved.

Not at all. But it's the shit system we have. I'd get rid of insurance companies all together if I could.

How about just restore our freedom to refuse to do business with them? That all the OP it's really asking for.

Tell us your ideal healthcare model.

Free enterprise. Get government out of the regulating, dictating, subsidizing role and let free markets work.

How about just restore our freedom to refuse to do business with them? That all the OP it's really asking for.

Or better yet, let us just decide what we want from insurance companies and not let government define our choices.

What do you think?

How do you propose to pay for pre-existing conditions?

That is the reason the mandate is necessary

Because of course, Comrade, it's government's job to fine me for not wanting to pay for someone else's pre- existing condition through overpaying for my own insurance. So I can either pay for their pre-existing condition or not get insurance and pay a fine. Wow, that's not out of control government ,is it?

Once again conservatives are outside of the reality that people are going to use the system. Go to the er! So you're saying reject them and let them die? You have no solutions for a very real problem!

Conservatives always have no solution besides throw the bum on the street or no government...No serious...

Forum List

Back