Let's talk about Chicago white folks

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
The Racist History Of Chicago's Housing Policies

Whites got suburbs. We got public housing. Are you scared to look at the facts? .

Whites got suburbs. We got public housing. Are you scared to look at the facts?
Yeah that's what unintelligent folks do is to lump everyone into categories...I'm white grew up in the projects did average in school so I enlisted in the Marine Corps...went to Iraq twice got paid big bucks for it then went to Afghanistan got paid again started my own business and struggled for years than went back to school it was hard but my hard work paid off...
People live where they want to live...I was tired of looking out my windows and not seeing anything green so I moved...I did something about it other than whine like a bitch and blame everyone else for my problems...
I've been watching black America whine and bitch my whole life about one thing or another...you are not the only people with issues to deal with...we all have them rich or poor white or black...
The highest level of absolute racism today comes from the "put upon" the put upon are folks that blame other races for their problems in life...don't be a "put upon" get off your ass and move to the suburbs if that is where you want to live...

I grew up in Seattle and it rains constantly so it sucks.
Then I lived in Missouri and it was cold so it sucks.
Now I live in Arizona and love it!

If you are living somewhere you don't like it's because your to lazy to get off your ass and move!

As I understand it, housing projects were started by very kind officials who wanted to raze slums and replace them with nice tall apartment buildings at reasonable rental rates.

Maybe they got the idea from Scandinavia?

When the Caucasian renters moved on, their place was taken by another ethnicity.

I have read that since then, the projects have deteriorated in quality of life.

That is to say, there is a great deal of crime, vandalism, and just plain bad behavior.

Why can't the current renters act in a nice manner?

I do not understand.

Whites got suburbs. We got public housing. Are you scared to look at the facts?
Yeah that's what unintelligent folks do is to lump everyone into categories...I'm white grew up in the projects did average in school so I enlisted in the Marine Corps...went to Iraq twice got paid big bucks for it then went to Afghanistan got paid again started my own business and struggled for years than went back to school it was hard but my hard work paid off...
People live where they want to live...I was tired of looking out my windows and not seeing anything green so I moved...I did something about it other than whine like a bitch and blame everyone else for my problems...
I've been watching black America whine and bitch my whole life about one thing or another...you are not the only people with issues to deal with...we all have them rich or poor white or black...
The highest level of absolute racism today comes from the "put upon" the put upon are folks that blame other races for their problems in life...don't be a "put upon" get off your ass and move to the suburbs if that is where you want to live...
It's obvious that you failed history in school if you actually believe that people could live where they want to live. However, to have opinions like most of you....ignorance is the prerequisite. No knowledgeable intelligent person can come to the conclusions that you do.

could live where they want to live.
Present or past? If present, what are the limiting factors?

That is not germane. The consequences of the past live today. You could have been shot in the past, but paralyzed from it in the present. The fact that you have not been shot in the present does not mean that you are not impacted by shots in the past.
So because blacks were prevented from living where they wanted in the past...they are prevented from living where they want in the present?

could live where they want to live.
Present or past? If present, what are the limiting factors?

That is not germane. The consequences of the past live today. You could have been shot in the past, but paralyzed from it in the present. The fact that you have not been shot in the present does not mean that you are not impacted by shots in the past.
So because blacks were prevented from living where they wanted in the past...they are prevented from living where they want in the present?

The fact that blacks were prevented from living where they wanted stunted their accumulation of WEALTH as most wealth comes from home ownership. Blacks were kept from the areas where home values appreciated the most.

Uncle Ferd says...

... white folks in Chicago...

... is an endangered species.

The fact that blacks were prevented from living where they wanted stunted their accumulation of WEALTH as most wealth comes from home ownership.

"The historical evolution of racial differences in income in the 20th century United States has been examined intensively by economists, but the evolution of racial differences in wealth has been examined far less. This paper uses IPUMS data to study trends in racial differences in home ownership since 1900. At the turn of the century approximately 20 percent of black adult males (ages 20 to 64) owned their homes, compared with 46 percent of white men, a gap of 26 percentage points. By 1990, the black home ownership rate had increased to 52 percent and the racial gap had fallen to 19.5 percentage points. All of the long-term rise in the rate of black home ownership, and almost all of the corresponding long-term decline in the racial gap, occurred after 1940, with the majority of both changes concentrated in the 1960 to 1980 period."
http://www.nber.org/papers/w7277.pdf

Yet...regardless of segregation laws...throughout the 20th century black home ownership rose 32%.

The fact that blacks were prevented from living where they wanted stunted their accumulation of WEALTH as most wealth comes from home ownership.

"The historical evolution of racial differences in income in the 20th century United States has been examined intensively by economists, but the evolution of racial differences in wealth has been examined far less. This paper uses IPUMS data to study trends in racial differences in home ownership since 1900. At the turn of the century approximately 20 percent of black adult males (ages 20 to 64) owned their homes, compared with 46 percent of white men, a gap of 26 percentage points. By 1990, the black home ownership rate had increased to 52 percent and the racial gap had fallen to 19.5 percentage points. All of the long-term rise in the rate of black home ownership, and almost all of the corresponding long-term decline in the racial gap, occurred after 1940, with the majority of both changes concentrated in the 1960 to 1980 period."

Yet...regardless of segregation laws...throughout the 20th century black home ownership rose 32%.
That is not the point. Its WHERE you owned your home that determined the home appreciation rates.

That is not the point. Its WHERE you owned your home that determined the home appreciation rates.
Ok...and that was during Jim Crow...what have you done for yourselves lately black folks? it seems your home ownership rates are drastically down. What is stopping you now?

Ok...and that was during Jim Crow...what have you done for yourselves lately black folks? it seems your home ownership rates are drastically down. What is stopping you now?

They went up artificially as a result of lenders relaxing lending standards to sell the mortgages as investments. That is what partially caused the collapse of the banking industry and economy the last recession. Black home ownership rates climbed and fell disproportionately.

Also, manufacturing union wages pushed many blacks into the middle class and home ownership. Detroit blacks used to have the highest rate of black home ownership in the nation. When manufacturing and unions collapsed, so did black home ownership rates because they no longer had the incomes to support it.

They went up artificially as a result of lenders relaxing lending standards to sell the mortgages as investments.
Let's not forget the legislators.

Black home ownership rates climbed and fell disproportionately.
Caveat Emptor.

Also, manufacturing union wages pushed many blacks into the middle class and home ownership. Detroit blacks used to have the highest rate of black home ownership in the nation. When manufacturing and unions collapsed, so did black home ownership rates because they no longer had the incomes to support it.
This was an exclusively black phenomenon how? The vast majority of those jobs were held by non-blacks. Were they not union members and residents of Detroit as well? Detroit's black population proportion has grown SINCE the collapse of auto manufacturing in the rust belt in general. Other groups have transitioned out of Detroit into other fields. Why not blacks?

I grew up in Seattle and it rains constantly so it sucks.
Then I lived in Missouri and it was cold so it sucks.
Now I live in Arizona and love it!

If you are living somewhere you don't like it's because your to lazy to get off your ass and move!

And you like the summer heat..no way could anyone live in that heat..do you move your mobile home in the summer?

And I agree to move.

They went up artificially as a result of lenders relaxing lending standards to sell the mortgages as investments.
Let's not forget the legislators.

Black home ownership rates climbed and fell disproportionately.
Caveat Emptor.

This was an exclusively black phenomenon how? The vast majority of those jobs were held by non-blacks. Were they not union members and residents of Detroit as well? Detroit's black population proportion has grown SINCE the collapse of auto manufacturing in the rust belt in general. Other groups have transitioned out of Detroit into other fields. Why not blacks?

Your line of reasoning, like the others, is attempting to drill down to a cause of black inferiority. In other words, it assumes equal opportunity and that blacks were simply irresponsible or poor choice makers relative to whites. Right? That is your belief....right? Cut all the BS and just spit it out.

Your line of reasoning, like the others, is attempting to drill down to a cause of black inferiority.
Assumption of intent..logical fallacy

In other words, it assumes equal opportunity and that blacks were simply irresponsible or poor choice makers relative to whites.
I presented a video where many black legislator argued vehemently in favor of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. These efforts only bolstered black confidence in the process as their legislators fully supported it.
However, questions regarding individual culpability should be asked.
Did blacks have an equal opportunity to receive federal housing loans? Did they apply for those loans of their own free will? Did they have the opportunity to read the contracts they signed? I believe the answer to all of those is a resounding, yes.

Right? That is your belief....right? Cut all the BS and just spit it out.
:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back