Let's talk about Chicago white folks

The Racist History Of Chicago's Housing Policies

Whites got suburbs. We got public housing. Are you scared to look at the facts? .
Not true. Jane Byrne, Mayor of Chicago moved to Cabrini. She lasted from March 31 to April 18, 1981 after having almost everyone in the neighborhood arrested and closed down several local liquor stores:
Cabrini–Green (1981)

Byrne and her husband Chicago journalist Jay McMullen in their Cabrini–Green public housing apartment, April 1981.
On March 26, 1981, Byrne decided to moved into and "cleanup" the crime–ridden Cabrini–Green Homes housing project on the near–north side of the Chicago after 37 shootings resulting in 11 murders occurred during a three–month period from January to March 1981. In her 2004 memoir, Byrne reflected about decision to move into Cabrini-Green:

"How could I put Cabrini on a bigger map?" "Suddenly I knew — I could move in there."

Prior to her move to Cabrini, Byrne closed down several liquor stores in the area; citing the stores as hangout for gangs and murderers. Byrne also ordered the Chicago Housing Authority to evict tenants who were suspected of harboring gang members in their apartments; which totalled approximately 800 tenants. Byrne moved into a 4th floor apartment in a Cabrini extension building on North Sedgwick Avenue with her husband on March 31 at around 8:30 pm after attending a dinner at the Conrad Hilton hotel. Hours after Byrne moved into the housing project, Police raided building and arrested eleven street gang members who they learned through informants that they were planning to have a shootout in the mayor's building later that evening. Byrne described her first night there "lovely" and "very quiet". Byrne stayed at the housing project for three weeks to bring attention to the project's issues such as murders, rapes and robberies. Byrne's stay at Cabrini ended on April 18, 1981 following an Easter celebrating at the project which drew protests and demonstrations who claimed Byrne's move to the project was just a publicity stunt.

Whites got suburbs blacks got projects. Byrne did not live in Cabrini Green. She stayed there for 19 days.
"Byrne wished to demonstrate her commitment to increasing safety in public housing projects by moving in herself. In doing so she would also be able to see the problems Cabrini Green was facing first hand. Cutting through layers of bureaucracy to go straight to the source of the troubles, Byrne stated that she would stay “as long as it takes to clean it up”.

The lessons come from looking back. The explanations come from looking back. We look back to explain the present, lest we assume we put ourselves in a hole because we don't know better
Knowing history and from learning from history is very different from using it as a modern day excuse for failure...
Of course you would say that if you believe that the failure is due to innate inferiority. I mean....its binary. If its external in cause than its internal.

That said, you cannot explain anything that exist that did not evolve into its current state over time. Failure is an evolved state as well.

We got public housing.

Here's a link that will solve that problem North Shore Chicago Real Estate - Search all North Shore homes

Just get out your checkbook, homie.

Whites just refuse to understand the huge mess they have made.
They can't admit it lest they destroy their belief in black inferiority. To admit their role would give credence and justification for a lot of things they are against. In order to prop up the theory of black inferiority....you have to first play down the role of racism in shaping the black condition. That is the parallel in nearly all their post....playing down racism to play up black inferiority.

Yep. And its kinda funny watching them twist and turn avoiding the reality we show them.
Yes...and they are always talking about FACTS....while attempting to dismiss 300 plus years of facts of what they have done to negatively hurt blacks culturally, economically, psychologically, socially, geographically, physically...etc.

Of course you would say that if you believe that the failure is due to innate inferiority. I mean....its binary. If its external in cause than its internal.

That said, you cannot explain anything that exist that did not evolve into its current state over time. Failure is an evolved state as well.
If you are saying failure is socially hereditary in America you are wrong and you are proven wrong every day....

We got public housing.

Here's a link that will solve that problem North Shore Chicago Real Estate - Search all North Shore homes

They can't admit it lest they destroy their belief in black inferiority. To admit their role would give credence and justification for a lot of things they are against. In order to prop up the theory of black inferiority....you have to first play down the role of racism in shaping the black condition. That is the parallel in nearly all their post....playing down racism to play up black inferiority.

Yep. And its kinda funny watching them twist and turn avoiding the reality we show them.
Yes...and they are always talking about FACTS....while attempting to dismiss 300 plus years of facts of what they have done to negatively hurt blacks culturally, economically, psychologically, socially, geographically, physically...etc.
Come on, it's not like blacks are prosperous and successful people anywhere else. They are uniformly the bottom strata of societies wherever they are found from the slums of Europe to the favelas of Brazil.

If you are saying failure is socially hereditary in America you are wrong and you are proven wrong every day....
Its not an absolute, but the general rule is that the biggest cause of poverty.....is being reared in poverty. In other words, most poor adults today came from poor parents....not the middle or upper class. Hence, the best predictor of future poverty are those in current poverty. Hence, when high rates of poverty is the legacy of racial oppression.....it makes it more likely that blacks will fail economically than whites.

Come on, it's not like blacks are prosperous and successful people anywhere else. They are uniformly the bottom strata of societies wherever they are found from the slums of Europe to the favelas of Brazil.

As long as there are large number of white racist, white imperialism will ensure that blacks remain behind them. That is what racist do. You are a racist and you create self fulfilling prophecies from your beliefs.

Its not an absolute, but the general rule that the biggest cause of poverty.....is being reared in poverty. In other words, most poor adults today came from poor parents....not the middle or upper class. Hence, the best predictor of future poverty are those in current poverty. Hence, when high rates of poverty is the legacy of racial oppression.....it makes it more likely that blacks will fail economically than whites.
Head starts are nice but not promised to anyone...I know people that inherited everything they have in life from their parents and that's all they have...then I know people that struggled through childhood poverty and they have it all...they have the world at their fingertips and they come in all different colors and there is many more of them than you think...
Turn off the liberal propaganda and dump the talking points!

As long as there are large number of white racist, white imperialism will ensure that blacks remain behind them. That is what racist do. You are a racist and you create self fulfilling prophecies from your beliefs.
Got it, blacks are failures because whites are racists. At least it's global.

The lessons come from looking back. The explanations come from looking back. We look back to explain the present, lest we assume we put ourselves in a hole because we don't know better
Knowing history and from learning from history is very different from using it as a modern day excuse for failure...

Showing problems created is not an excuse for failure. The failure lies in those who created the policies and those who choose to deny he effects and continuing use of those polices. You see junior, the fact racism exists s a failure that has been created by whites. So when you deny he problems created by racism you are the one making excuses for failure.

Its not an absolute, but the general rule that the biggest cause of poverty.....is being reared in poverty. In other words, most poor adults today came from poor parents....not the middle or upper class. Hence, the best predictor of future poverty are those in current poverty. Hence, when high rates of poverty is the legacy of racial oppression.....it makes it more likely that blacks will fail economically than whites.
Head starts are nice but not promised to anyone...I know people that inherited everything they have in life from their parents and that's all they have...then I know people that struggled through childhood poverty and they have it all...they have the world at their fingertips and they come in all different colors and there is many more of them than you think...
My only propaganda is that actions create reactions and what people like you argue does not reconcile because you EXCLUDE the reactions upon blacks to 300 plus years of racist actions against blacks, in explaining the current condition of blacks. Its not rocket science figuring out why you exclude that history. You need to exclude or dismiss it to make the cause of dysfunction INNATE to blacks (black inferiority to whites).

From time to time I have to remind you all that my goal is not to convince you of anything, but to show that you are racist by mapping your reasoning to essentially an argument of black inferiority, which by definition is racist. Racism starts as a belief and creates self fulfilling prophecies when whites discriminate or treat blacks differently based upon these racist beliefs.

Last edited:

Facts of law and policy you don't understand does not make what is said liberal propaganda. Go learn what we are talking about before you run your mouth.

Whites got suburbs. We got public housing. Are you scared to look at the facts? .

Send your complaint to the Democrats. Chicago hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1931.

Just sayin'.

You got it all wrong, racist whites are failures because if their racism.

Send your complaint to the Democrats. Chicago hasn't had a Republican mayor since 1931.

Just sayin'.

Nope, federal policy is done by both parties.

My only propaganda is that actions create reactions and what people like you argue does not reconcile because you EXCLUDE the reactions upon blacks to 300 plus years of racist actions against blacks, in explaining the current condition of blacks. Its not rocket science figuring out why you exclude that history. You need to exclude or dismiss it to make the cause of dysfunction INNATE to blacks (black inferiority to whites).

From time to time I have to remind you all that my goal is not to convince you of anything, but to show that you are racist by mapping your reasoning to essentially an argument of black inferiority, which by definition is racist.
There will always be a majority of Blacks that will blame whitey and racism for their short comings but that number is shrinking thankfully...Blacks are on the move economically and Trump is the right man at the right time to aid in their growth as productive and irreplaceable members of our society and culture...

Showing problems created is not an excuse for failure. The failure lies in those who created the policies and those who choose to deny he effects and continuing use of those polices. You see junior, the fact racism exists s a failure that has been created by whites. So when you deny he problems created by racism you are the one making excuses for failure.

Racism exists across the board. The Irish were once the most hated group in America. Asians weren't allowed to swim in public swimming pools in California. Even in my lifetime, Jews couldn't rent properties in many areas of New York.

At some point, every group has had to pull themselves up and do for themselves.

You're pretending as if black families don't live in the North Shore, they do.

Its not an absolute, but the general rule thaWhert the biggest cause of poverty.....is being reared in poverty. In other words, most poor adults today came from poor parents....not the middle or upper class. Hence, the best predictor of future poverty are those in current poverty. Hence, when high rates of poverty is the legacy of racial oppression.....it makes it more likely that blacks will fail economically than whites.

From time to time I have to remind you all that my goal is not to convince you of anything, but to show that you are racist by mapping your reasoning to essentially an argument of black inferiority, which by definition is racist.
There will always be a majority of Blacks that will blame whitey and racism for their short comings but that number is shrinking thankfully...Blacks are on the move economically and Trump is the right man at the right time to aid in their growth as productive and irreplaceable members of our society and culture...
Whether a larger percentage of blacks or small percentage of blacks place blame......the 300 plus year history of white actions are clearly recorded and ALL actions create reactions...including white racism. You can call those reactions blaming whites all you want....but all actions create reactions. That is just an inconvenient truth for those who want to narrate the story so that it looks like blacks are naturally inferior to whites and hence why the rate of black failure is higher.

Last edited:
The fact that blacks were prevented from living where they wanted stunted their accumulation of WEALTH as most wealth comes from home ownership.

"The historical evolution of racial differences in income in the 20th century United States has been examined intensively by economists, but the evolution of racial differences in wealth has been examined far less. This paper uses IPUMS data to study trends in racial differences in home ownership since 1900. At the turn of the century approximately 20 percent of black adult males (ages 20 to 64) owned their homes, compared with 46 percent of white men, a gap of 26 percentage points. By 1990, the black home ownership rate had increased to 52 percent and the racial gap had fallen to 19.5 percentage points. All of the long-term rise in the rate of black home ownership, and almost all of the corresponding long-term decline in the racial gap, occurred after 1940, with the majority of both changes concentrated in the 1960 to 1980 period."
http://www.nber.org/papers/w7277.pdf

Yet...regardless of segregation laws...throughout the 20th century black home ownership rose 32%.

The fact that blacks were prevented from living where they wanted stunted their accumulation of WEALTH as most wealth comes from home ownership.

"The historical evolution of racial differences in income in the 20th century United States has been examined intensively by economists, but the evolution of racial differences in wealth has been examined far less. This paper uses IPUMS data to study trends in racial differences in home ownership since 1900. At the turn of the century approximately 20 percent of black adult males (ages 20 to 64) owned their homes, compared with 46 percent of white men, a gap of 26 percentage points. By 1990, the black home ownership rate had increased to 52 percent and the racial gap had fallen to 19.5 percentage points. All of the long-term rise in the rate of black home ownership, and almost all of the corresponding long-term decline in the racial gap, occurred after 1940, with the majority of both changes concentrated in the 1960 to 1980 period."
http://www.nber.org/papers/w7277.pdf

Yet...regardless of segregation laws...throughout the 20th century black home ownership rose 32%.

Yada, Yada. Yada. Despite the fact you try claiming, blacks still trailed by almost 20 percentage points relative to whites. And according to what you posted, the gap decreased less than 7 percentage points.. So what ever point you are trying to make here is invalidated by your own information.

You got it all wrong, racist whites are failures because if their racism.
I thought this entire thread was about why blacks are failures. I was simply pointing out that it's not just in Chicago, the US, but everywhere.

Forum List

Back