Let's talk about Chicago white folks

Your line of reasoning, like the others, is attempting to drill down to a cause of black inferiority.
Assumption of intent..logical fallacy

In other words, it assumes equal opportunity and that blacks were simply irresponsible or poor choice makers relative to whites.
I presented a video where many black legislator argued vehemently in favor of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. These efforts only bolstered black confidence in the process as their legislators fully supported it.
However, questions regarding individual culpability should be asked.
Did blacks have an equal opportunity to receive federal housing loans? Did they apply for those loans of their own free will? Did they have the opportunity to read the contracts they signed? I believe the answer to all of those is a resounding, yes.

Right? That is your belief....right? Cut all the BS and just spit it out.
:rolleyes:

And therefore what? What is your point? Summarize your point. I will summarize mine. The point of the OP, if I may assume, is that historical racial inequality of opportunity is what fomented current racial inequality. Summarize your point and stop beating around the bush.

Your line of reasoning, like the others, is attempting to drill down to a cause of black inferiority.

In other words, it assumes equal opportunity and that blacks were simply irresponsible or poor choice makers relative to whites.
I presented a video where many black legislator argued vehemently in favor of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. These efforts only bolstered black confidence in the process as their legislators fully supported it.
Did blacks have an equal opportunity to receive federal housing loans? Did they apply for those loans of their own free will? Did they have the opportunity to read the contracts they signed? I believe the answer to all of those is a resounding, yes.

And therefore what? What is your point? Summarize your point. I will summarize mine. The point of the OP, if I may assume, is that historical racial inequality of opportunity is what fomented current racial inequality. Summarize your point and stop beating around the bush.
Introspection before extrospection.

Introspection before extrospection.
And who says we have not followed that order? And when are whites going to introspect for the role that their racism has played in the condition of blacks instead of the extrospection of our inferiority?

Last edited:
Whites got suburbs. We got public housing. Are you scared to look at the facts?
Yeah that's what unintelligent folks do is to lump everyone into categories...I'm white grew up in the projects did average in school so I enlisted in the Marine Corps...went to Iraq twice got paid big bucks for it then went to Afghanistan got paid again started my own business and struggled for years than went back to school it was hard but my hard work paid off...
People live where they want to live...I was tired of looking out my windows and not seeing anything green so I moved...I did something about it other than whine like a bitch and blame everyone else for my problems...
I've been watching black America whine and bitch my whole life about one thing or another...you are not the only people with issues to deal with...we all have them rich or poor white or black...
The highest level of absolute racism today comes from the "put upon" the put upon are folks that blame other races for their problems in life...don't be a "put upon" get off your ass and move to the suburbs if that is where you want to live...
It's obvious that you failed history in school if you actually believe that people could live where they want to live. However, to have opinions like most of you....ignorance is the prerequisite. No knowledgeable intelligent person can come to the conclusions that you do.
What does history have to do with it? That's your problem you are always looking back...look forward! Forward is the direction to go not backwards...
If I sat around and blamed something in American history for all of my crosses to bear where would that get me? No where...that's where...

Yeah that's what unintelligent folks do is to lump everyone into categories...I'm white grew up in the projects did average in school so I enlisted in the Marine Corps...went to Iraq twice got paid big bucks for it then went to Afghanistan got paid again started my own business and struggled for years than went back to school it was hard but my hard work paid off...
People live where they want to live...I was tired of looking out my windows and not seeing anything green so I moved...I did something about it other than whine like a bitch and blame everyone else for my problems...
I've been watching black America whine and bitch my whole life about one thing or another...you are not the only people with issues to deal with...we all have them rich or poor white or black...
The highest level of absolute racism today comes from the "put upon" the put upon are folks that blame other races for their problems in life...don't be a "put upon" get off your ass and move to the suburbs if that is where you want to live...
It's obvious that you failed history in school if you actually believe that people could live where they want to live. However, to have opinions like most of you....ignorance is the prerequisite. No knowledgeable intelligent person can come to the conclusions that you do.
What does history have to do with it? That's your problem you are always looking back...look forward! Forward is the direction to go not backwards...
If I sat around and blamed something in American history for all of my crosses to bear where would that get me? No where...that's where...

I'm not hearing whites lying abut how they don't lump people into groups. OK? This section of USMB shows hat you don't. We will look to that created the problems that still exist today. That's how we move forward. We can blame things that have happened, you as a white person were not denied anything by law.

Wrong.

I grew up in Seattle and it rains constantly so it sucks.
Then I lived in Missouri and it was cold so it sucks.
Now I live in Arizona and love it!

If you are living somewhere you don't like it's because your to lazy to get off your ass and move!

Wrong.

As I understand it, housing projects were started by very kind officials who wanted to raze slums and replace them with nice tall apartment buildings at reasonable rental rates.

Maybe they got the idea from Scandinavia?

When the Caucasian renters moved on, their place was taken by another ethnicity.

I have read that since then, the projects have deteriorated in quality of life.

That is to say, there is a great deal of crime, vandalism, and just plain bad behavior.

Why can't the current renters act in a nice manner?

I do not understand.

There are a lot of things you do not understand, that's why his thread is created and you should watch he film to understand what goes on before you post an opinion.

I'm not hearing whites lying abut how they don't lump people into groups. OK? This section of USMB shows hat you don't. We will look to that created the problems that still exist today. That's how we move forward. We can blame things that have happened, you as a white person were not denied anything by law.
What do you know about me or what I may or may not have been denied? Life's problems are color blind...everyone has them...white privilege is a farce...it'a a lie made up by the blame someone else for my problems clan...
The enemy of blacks and other minority's are the people that have promised and never delivered...blacks vote for their own demise every time...At some point they will wake up...I think that process is starting by the look of the last election...many Blacks from the inner city switched and are happy they did because they now have a job and opportunity...

The Racist History Of Chicago's Housing Policies

Whites got suburbs. We got public housing. Are you scared to look at the facts? .
Not true. Jane Byrne, Mayor of Chicago moved to Cabrini. She lasted from March 31 to April 18, 1981 after having almost everyone in the neighborhood arrested and closed down several local liquor stores:
Cabrini–Green (1981)

Byrne and her husband Chicago journalist Jay McMullen in their Cabrini–Green public housing apartment, April 1981.
On March 26, 1981, Byrne decided to moved into and "cleanup" the crime–ridden Cabrini–Green Homes housing project on the near–north side of the Chicago after 37 shootings resulting in 11 murders occurred during a three–month period from January to March 1981. In her 2004 memoir, Byrne reflected about decision to move into Cabrini-Green:

"How could I put Cabrini on a bigger map?" "Suddenly I knew — I could move in there."

Prior to her move to Cabrini, Byrne closed down several liquor stores in the area; citing the stores as hangout for gangs and murderers. Byrne also ordered the Chicago Housing Authority to evict tenants who were suspected of harboring gang members in their apartments; which totalled approximately 800 tenants. Byrne moved into a 4th floor apartment in a Cabrini extension building on North Sedgwick Avenue with her husband on March 31 at around 8:30 pm after attending a dinner at the Conrad Hilton hotel. Hours after Byrne moved into the housing project, Police raided building and arrested eleven street gang members who they learned through informants that they were planning to have a shootout in the mayor's building later that evening. Byrne described her first night there "lovely" and "very quiet". Byrne stayed at the housing project for three weeks to bring attention to the project's issues such as murders, rapes and robberies. Byrne's stay at Cabrini ended on April 18, 1981 following an Easter celebrating at the project which drew protests and demonstrations who claimed Byrne's move to the project was just a publicity stunt.

The lessons come from looking back. The explanations come from looking back. We look back to explain the present, lest we assume we put ourselves in a hole because we don't know better.

What do you know about me or what I may or may not have been denied? Life's problems are color blind...everyone has them...white privilege is a farce...it'a a lie made up by the blame someone else for my problems clan...
The enemy of blacks and other minority's are the people that have promised and never delivered...blacks vote for their own demise every time...At some point they will wake up...I think that process is starting by the look of the last election...many Blacks from the inner city switched and are happy they did because they now have a job and opportunity...

Whites were not denied anything by law or policy. That's what I know and that is a fact. Blacks have been hurt by laws and policies made by whites. I'm black and I know better than you what has hurt backs. Don't delude yourself son, this last lection didn't happen as you claim. And we certainly have not benefited from the election.

We got public housing.

Here's a link that will solve that problem North Shore Chicago Real Estate - Search all North Shore homes

Just get out your checkbook, homie.

Whites just refuse to understand the huge mess they have made.
They can't admit it lest they destroy their belief in black inferiority. To admit their role would give credence and justification for a lot of things they are against. In order to prop up the theory of black inferiority....you have to first play down the role of racism in shaping the black condition. That is the parallel in nearly all their post....playing down racism to play up black inferiority.

The lessons come from looking back. The explanations come from looking back. We look back to explain the present, lest we assume we put ourselves in a hole because we don't know better
Knowing history and from learning from history is very different from using it as a modern day excuse for failure...

The Racist History Of Chicago's Housing Policies

Whites got suburbs. We got public housing. Are you scared to look at the facts? .
Not true. Jane Byrne, Mayor of Chicago moved to Cabrini. She lasted from March 31 to April 18, 1981 after having almost everyone in the neighborhood arrested and closed down several local liquor stores:
Cabrini–Green (1981)

Byrne and her husband Chicago journalist Jay McMullen in their Cabrini–Green public housing apartment, April 1981.
On March 26, 1981, Byrne decided to moved into and "cleanup" the crime–ridden Cabrini–Green Homes housing project on the near–north side of the Chicago after 37 shootings resulting in 11 murders occurred during a three–month period from January to March 1981. In her 2004 memoir, Byrne reflected about decision to move into Cabrini-Green:

"How could I put Cabrini on a bigger map?" "Suddenly I knew — I could move in there."

Prior to her move to Cabrini, Byrne closed down several liquor stores in the area; citing the stores as hangout for gangs and murderers. Byrne also ordered the Chicago Housing Authority to evict tenants who were suspected of harboring gang members in their apartments; which totalled approximately 800 tenants. Byrne moved into a 4th floor apartment in a Cabrini extension building on North Sedgwick Avenue with her husband on March 31 at around 8:30 pm after attending a dinner at the Conrad Hilton hotel. Hours after Byrne moved into the housing project, Police raided building and arrested eleven street gang members who they learned through informants that they were planning to have a shootout in the mayor's building later that evening. Byrne described her first night there "lovely" and "very quiet". Byrne stayed at the housing project for three weeks to bring attention to the project's issues such as murders, rapes and robberies. Byrne's stay at Cabrini ended on April 18, 1981 following an Easter celebrating at the project which drew protests and demonstrations who claimed Byrne's move to the project was just a publicity stunt.

Whites got suburbs blacks got projects. Byrne did not live in Cabrini Green. She stayed there for 19 days.

We got public housing.

Here's a link that will solve that problem North Shore Chicago Real Estate - Search all North Shore homes

Just get out your checkbook, homie.

Whites just refuse to understand the huge mess they have made.
They can't admit it lest they destroy their belief in black inferiority. To admit their role would give credence and justification for a lot of things they are against. In order to prop up the theory of black inferiority....you have to first play down the role of racism in shaping the black condition. That is the parallel in nearly all their post....playing down racism to play up black inferiority.

Yep. And its kinda funny watching them twist and turn avoiding the reality we show them.

Whites were not denied anything by law or policy. That's what I know and that is a fact. Blacks have been hurt by laws and policies made by whites. I'm black and I know better than you what has hurt backs. Don't delude yourself son, this last lection didn't happen as you claim. And we certainly have not benefited from the election
Poor whites have a very dotted history...look up the struggle Irish immigrants went through and Chinese immigrants and the German immigrants...look up what the Italian immigrants went through...It's hard to see the struggle of others when you are so held in bondage over your selective knowledge of history and personal struggles...This is 2018 not 1800 get over it and move on...and stop thinking you are unique....

Forum List

Back