Lets talk about heaven.

Colin norris

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2021
Lets assume you lead a good Christian life and expect etetnity with God.
Here's some things which need to be clarified.

When you die, what do you expect to happen in the immediate aftermath.
Will you immediately go to heaven or have other duties to perform prior to departure.

I don't know this but is it right entry into heaven is not allowed until judgement day. If so, where do you hang out. Who knows how long that will be? Not me.

Could it be possible that entry into heaven you believe to be reunited with family etc? Would those relatives be similar looming to when they departed.

These are not unreasonable questions when the bibles etc are full of miraculous predictictions. Its not unreasonable to have expectations of what awaits.

Scripture tells us that we will all see death and that the dead know nothing.

Most importantly, that Jesus will return for His people.

If they're already in Heaven when he returns who will He be returning for?

Dead bodies that return to the earth know nothing. The spirits who return to God...that is a different matter. Remember Stephen's death as recorded in Acts. He saw Jesus coming for him then. No waiting for the world to end; it's waiting for our own time in this world to end.

Will you immediately go to heaven or have other duties to perform prior to departure.

I don't know this but is it right entry into heaven is not allowed until judgement day. If so, where do you hang out. Who knows how long that will be? Not me.

Could it be possible that entry into heaven you believe to be reunited with family etc? Would those relatives be similar looming to when they departed.

These are not unreasonable questions when the bibles etc are full of miraculous predictictions. Its not unreasonable to have expectations of what awaits.
No idea. God doesn't want us to love Him for what He can do for us. God wants us to love Him for who He is.

OK bro. Here's how it works. All those questions are on a need to know basis and only God can answer them. Unfortunately, he'll probably have to kill you first. But really, I think this world is a slice of heaven. There's a lot of good stuff here that we should appreciate and be happy about today. Politics is definitely not one of them.

Dead bodies that return to the earth know nothing. The spirits who return to God...that is a different matter. Remember Stephen's death as recorded in Acts. He saw Jesus coming for him then. No waiting for the world to end; it's waiting for our own time in this world to end.
Contrary to popular belief, Scripture doesn't contradict itself.

Are you suggesting that there's two separate versions of individuals?

Remember what Scripture informs us constitutes a living soul my brother.

Heaven ain't walkin streets paved with gold, hell ain't a mountain of fire, heaven is layin in my sweet baby's arms and hell is when baby ain't there- Willie Nelson-

Are you suggesting that there's two separate versions of individuals?
Depends how scripture is perceived.

That falls into the category of how you know that rather than a prediction. What is a spirit because it's never been identified or located, like a soul.

Isn't It convenient that some illiterate fool, hallucinating on the verge of death, so conveniently had these visions of Jesus. Then the Jesus junkies swooped on the story and it has entered the annals of religious history as proof of God. Really?

As a believer, you must have expectations according to your faith. You cannot talk about spirits etc and not assume your spirit or whole body will be spared a grave. So many pleasurable experiences have been mentioned for 2000 years. Are you saying it's all rubbish? This is contrary to the teachings of religion. Your answer doesn't fit your narrative.

y

People die because they don't enter Heaven.

By the wording of your post it's clear you've been brainwashed in not actually using verses from the Bible that use the word 'Heaven'.

I saw no one 'Talking about Heaven' -
Why?
Because they're in 'Hell'.

Not that I expected much from anyone on USMB, the christian forums are just as bad too in their denial of what Heaven is.

That's Entertainment!

John 8:51 He that keeps my sayings shall never see death.

You might be trying to reference Heb 9:27, those that do always leave off Heb 9:28, because they are in their "covenant with death and hell" - Isaiah 28:15

John 8:51 He that keeps my sayings shall never see death.

You might be trying to reference Heb 9:27, those that do always leave off Heb 9:28, because they are in their "covenant with death and hell" - Isaiah 28:15
The Gospel according to John is different in character from the three synoptic gospels. It is highly literary and symbolic.

The Gospel of John begins with a magnificent prologue, which states many of the major themes and motifs of the gospel and proclaims Jesus as the preexistent and incarnate Word of God who has revealed the Father to us.

The gospel narrative contains a series of “signs." The first sign is the transformation of water into wine at Cana (Jn 2:1–11). The second sign is the curing of the royal official’s son (Jn 4:46–54). The third sign is the cure of the paralytic at the pool with five porticoes in chap. 5. The fourth and fifth signs are Jn 6; the multiplication of loaves and the walking on the waters of the Sea of Galilee. The sixth sign is in Jn 9, the curing of the young man born blind. The seventh sign, the raising of Lazarus in chap. 11, is the climax of signs.

So John 8:51 - He that keeps my sayings shall never see death - is a reaffirmation of the proclamation that Jesus as the preexistent and incarnate Word of God who has revealed the Father to us.

As a 56 year old heaven is bullshit, I am not going to sit around and sing songs for ever , fuck that

u have to go through hell to get to heaven
so the song goes

and it is true

Forum List

Back