🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberal Illogic and the Washington Redskins

By the way, do you know how the Indian emblem on the Redskins' helmets came to be?

In 1971 George Allen consulted with the Red Cloud Athletic Fund located on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota and then designed the emblem based on that consultation.

And, gee, guess what? Several year later, Allen was honored by the Red Cloud Athletic Fund! In fact, on the wall at the Redskins' Ashburn offices is the plaque given to Allen by the Red Cloud Athletic Fund!

I don't give a damn what they think, just like I don't give a damn if gays can get married but none of them do. The Principle is the same.

Huh? Just huh? You can't be serious. You didn't really just make such a laughable argument, did you?

You wouldn't be a big fan of the Washington Whities either. There's no reason for race in this case. Choose an animal, not what whitey used to believe was an animal.

You haven't heard a thing anyone has said, have you? It's just gone in one ear and been flushed out the other ear by your nonsensical liberal programming, hasn't it?

SO WHAT if the name Redskins happens to refer to the Indians? SO WHAT? Again, have you done any research about the origin of the name Redskins? If you would, you'd stop making these absurd comparisons to someone naming a team after the N-word or whities. In the real world, no one would ever think of naming a team after those names. Why not? Again, THINK about it. Ever take a basic logic class?

The point is that the vast majority of Americans, including Native Americans (according to credible polls of them), view the name as a positive term, as having a positive connotation. But you and your little band of just-looking-to-be-offended leftists refuse to acknowledge reality and want to turn back the clock.

This is a silly, phony issue peddled by people who seriously need to get a meaningful life.

I don't give a damn what they think, just like I don't give a damn if gays can get married but none of them do. The Principle is the same.

Huh? Just huh? You can't be serious. You didn't really just make such a laughable argument, did you?

You wouldn't be a big fan of the Washington Whities either. There's no reason for race in this case. Choose an animal, not what whitey used to believe was an animal.

You haven't heard a thing anyone has said, have you? It's just gone in one ear and been flushed out the other ear by your nonsensical liberal programming, hasn't it?

SO WHAT if the name Redskins happens to refer to the Indians? SO WHAT? Again, have you done any research about the origin of the name Redskins?

The point is that the vast majority of Americans, including Native Americans (according to credible polls of them), view the name as a positive term, as having a positive connotation. But you and your little band of just-looking-to-be-offended leftists refuse to acknowledge reality and want to turn back the clock.

This is a silly, phony issue peddled by people who seriously need to get a meaningful life.
It's a racist name. Dump it and move on. And what offends me are people who are all up in arms defending racist traditions because they hate and fear change.

SO WHAT if the name Redskins happens to refer to the Indians? SO WHAT? Again, have you done any research about the origin of the name Redskins?

It's a racist name. Dump it and move on. And what offends me are people who are all up in arms defending racist traditions because they hate and fear change.

It's a racist name.
BULLSHIT! :bs1:

The Redskins name is not nor ever has been a racist name. That is until you stupid liberals came along and decided that it was, regardless of how others felt. :cuckoo:

If something offends someone it should be censored. It only makes sense right ?
Nope, but this is little more than calling a team the Washington Wetbacks. Let's at least deal with the obvious. Redskins is not a term of respect. The Washington Warriors, better.

You can still use the word but skip the official logo and mascot part.
Maybe you should educate yourself on the so-called Redskin controversy or would that interfere with your Marxist Liberal agenda?

Why do liberals want to turn back the clock 70-100 years and insist on being "offended" by the name "Redskins" of the Washington Redskins, when the name "Redskins," thanks to the football team, has been viewed for decades by the vast majority of Americans as denoting courage, strength, and honor?

Does anybody name their team after something they're trying to dishonor or disrespect? No, of course not. You name your team after something because you think that something is honorable, commendable, and praiseworthy. For example, when San Francisco chose the name "49'ers," when Pittsburgh chose the name "Steelers," when Green Bay chose the name "Packers," and when Dallas chose the name "Cowboys," they chose those names because they viewed them as positive, exemplary, and good. Offending 49'ers, steelers, packers, and cowboys was the last thing in the world they had in mind.

There's an old saying that if you take offense when you know none is intended, you're being foolish. Well, when you take offense when you know that only praise, honor, and respect are intended, you're being even more foolish.

So if you're "offended" by the name Washington Redskins, stop living in the past and be glad that the name is now viewed as something positive and honorable by nearly all Americans.
You're talking about a small minority of people who are actually offended. You're just wasting your energy on this.

First off, nobody gave a hoot about the name until a tiny minority of leftist whiners started yapping about it. The only people who have been "up in arms about it" are you and your fellow wing-nuts. Normal, mainstream people think the issue is a stupid non-issue that defies common sense and that ignores the reality of what the name has come to mean for going on at least 50 years now.

Maybe 70, 80, or 100 years ago some people used it as a racial slur (while many others never used it like that and did not think of it in those terms). But, fortunately, that misuse of the name has long, long since ceased and the name has come to have a very positive, honorable connotation.

Heck, I'd like to see leftists start protesting against the name of the Dallas Cowboys, since in some circles the term "cowboy" had a very negative meaning and was used by some folks to accuse others of being stupid, slow, and reckless. And, of course, since 99% of cowboys were white, liberals should claim that the name is also "racist." Yeah, go for it.

First off, nobody gave a hoot about the name until a tiny minority of leftist whiners started yapping about it. The only people who have been "up in arms about it" are you and your fellow wing-nuts. Normal, mainstream people think the issue is a stupid non-issue that defies common sense and that ignores the reality of what the name has come to mean for going on at least 50 years now.

Maybe 70, 80, or 100 years ago some people used it as a racial slur (while many others never used it like that and did not think of it in those terms). But, fortunately, that misuse of the name has long, long since ceased and the name has come to have a very positive, honorable connotation.

Heck, I'd like to see leftists start protesting against the name of the Dallas Cowboys, since in some circles the term "cowboy" had a very negative meaning and was used by some folks to accuse others of being stupid, slow, and reckless. And, of course, since 99% of cowboys were white, liberals should claim that the name is also "racist." Yeah, go for it.
Shit-kicker is not racist, Redskin however is.

Nope, but this is little more than calling a team the Washington Wetbacks. Let's at least deal with the obvious. Redskins is not a term of respect. The Washington Warriors, better.

Maybe you should educate yourself on the so-called Redskin controversy or would that interfere with your Marxist Liberal agenda?
There is no controversy, it's a racist name that Whitey is perfectly happy to defend, when he shouldn't.

There is no controversy, it's a racist name that Whitey is perfectly happy to defend, when he shouldn't.

Oh do tell---exactly what should Whitey do ?

Act like an adult, for once, and change the stupid name.

So everyone has to dance for you every time you decide a word is racist?

Who granted you such godlike power?

God...

God...
What's disturbing is you really believe that.

Act like an adult, for once, and change the stupid name.

Why pray tell ? Am I offending ducks or something ?

Well, since the current team owner is Jewish - how about the Washington Kikes?

I'd bet good money that if most Native Americans said they had no problem with the name Redskins, many on the far left would still whine about it as "offensive."

Truth be told, liberals don't really care what the Indians think about the name. They cite cherry-picked polls done among Indians and then scream "racism" and "offensive." But if all polls among Indians showed a different sentiment, liberals would quickly dismiss the polls.

Liberals wanna turn back the clock. They don't care that nowadays the vast majority of Americans view the name Redskins as a positive term, thanks to the football team.

I grew up in the '60s and have known a number of Native Americans, and I never heard about anyone being offended by the name Redskins until the last few years.

Gosh, and in the 30s and 40s, you didn't hear people being offended by the N word either. The fact is that Native Americans ARE offended. Who are you to tell them not to be white guy?

Survey on Redskins team name found most American Indians believe it to be offensive and racist.

I'm sure if Dan Snyder (owner of the Washington Redskins) kicked up enough $$$ to the liberals and funded some of their ridiculous causes, the persecution would stop.

Forum List

Back