Liberal logic on IDs and voting

Seriously?

You are posting this even though there were lines in many states where people were waiting over 6 hours to cast a vote.

Gotta love it.

Daily Kos: Fox News ridicules Desiline Victor, the 102 year old who stood in line to vote

those waits were due to the shortage of voting machines and poll workers, it had nothing to do with ID's.

Not yet.

So introducing another layer of difficulty into a system that can't handle would do what?

What layer of difficulty? Where I vote, they require you show an ID in order to receive your ballot. When you have been vetted, you also sign a ledger that indicates your name and party affiliation. I'm assuming that wherever you vote they don't just put out a stack of ballots for you to take, so why all the drama about presenting an ID when you get your ballot?

In fact, you cannot show any actual voter fraud which could only have been caught or prevented by Voter ID.

So when dead people show up to vote, you're thinking the staffers aren't too focused on checking their ID's. I guess the ones who watch the Walking Dead are with you anyway.

And there are just hordes of blacks out there who are too lazy to get a free ID, but they will in fact show up at the polls.

Says a lot about your view of Obama and the people who vote for him...

:eusa_whistle:

Wait a minute.....I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD! And I am not with g5000!!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I just find it really bizarre people who think they are conservatives are demanding completely unnecessary new laws and government intervention which will do absolutely nothing to stop voter fraud and which only succeeds in making it more difficult to exercise a constitutional right. I find this obession with identity papers very troubling.

Our country is being hijacked by totalitarians left and right.

No new laws are being proposed. just show that same ID to vote that you showed to register. Why is that a problem?

Getting the ID.
Getting the ID challenged at the polling station.
Not enough workers to check.

Wow, where you live must really suck. We never have a lack of volunteers to run the polls on election day. I'm thinking of volunteering myself. Showing ID never slows the process, either. Everyone knows it's required and those who have voted at least once before know to come prepared.

those waits were due to the shortage of voting machines and poll workers, it had nothing to do with ID's.

Not yet.

So introducing another layer of difficulty into a system that can't handle would do what?

horseshit. you walk up to the table say your name and then show your ID, it takes 10 seconds.

try as you may, you can never come up with a valid argument as to why voters should not have to prove who they are before voting.

Only if you consider being black, old, poor, stupid, or lazy an excuse.

In fact, you cannot show any actual voter fraud which could only have been caught or prevented by Voter ID.

So when dead people show up to vote, you're thinking the staffers aren't too focused on checking their ID's. I guess the ones who watch the Walking Dead are with you anyway.

And there are just hordes of blacks out there who are too lazy to get a free ID, but they will in fact show up at the polls.

Says a lot about your view of Obama and the people who vote for him...

:eusa_whistle:

Wait a minute.....I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD! And I am not with g5000!!

OK, I'll grant that in most cases zombies are far more intelligent than most liberals...just not when it comes to casting a ballot.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Why is it that Voter ID scares the panties off of liberals so badly?

In my precinct, the good volunteers behind the table have a listing of every registered voter in that precinct. It also has our address listed. You tell them your name and they flip to your page and you sign your name on the dotted line before being given a ballot. This is of course after you show them your photo ID. They know that each person who walks in to vote is exactly who they say they are and can prove it and actually lives in the precinct. There is no voter fraud at the ballot box in my state because you simply can't walk up and say you are Joe Blow and demand a ballot. It has absolutely nothing to do with race or income and everything to do with being who you say you are as a registered voter in that precinct. Why is that so scary to liberals?

they can't explain it. they just feeeeeeeeeeeeeel like its evil.

And the deal is, getting a photo ID is so simple. I was an Assistant Scoutmaster for the 2005 Boy Scout National Jamboree. Back then, the Jambo was held at Fort AP Hill in Virginia. Since we flew to DC and toured prior to that and then went on a military base, every kid was required to have photo ID. Didn't have it, didn't fly or get on base. My son was 12 and I took him down to the DPS and for something like $10 walked out with a state of OKlahoma photo ID. Believe it or not........even the minority kids who went with us were able to get one. :eek:
Maybe getting an id is very simple for you, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone.

In this state it is, we have had voter ID for years. Nothing to fix in the states that already have voter ID.

Why does voter ID hurt the less fortunate? 99.999% of them have ID's in order to get govt benefits. I really don't understand why you object to requiring voters to prove who they are before voting, and you have yet to tell us who specifically would be harmed.

The only possible explanation is that you support corruption in the voting process and that voter ID makes corruption more difficult.

So after 3-4 exchanges with you you cant say why the ID is "needed" other than because I want it.

Again, to stop as many people as possible from voting. Unless you remember a good reason some other time

I'm still not seeing how requiring ID will stop anybody from legally voting.

If I put a sandwich in a circle of fire, Am I stopping you from eating it?

Everybody knows Voter ID is just an excuse to keep black people from voting.

There's been very little evidence of voter fraud anywhere.

Black people are too stupid to get an ID? Or are they too lazy? Maybe they all live someplace without public offices that issue IDs?

Once again the focus is blacks

This affects old people and the poor in general. No matter what Repubs will make this about blacks and claim no racism at the same time.:lol:

Not yet.

What layer of difficulty? Where I vote, they require you show an ID in order to receive your ballot. When you have been vetted, you also sign a ledger that indicates your name and party affiliation. I'm assuming that wherever you vote they don't just put out a stack of ballots for you to take, so why all the drama about presenting an ID when you get your ballot?
In every poll that I have voted, they ask for your voters registration card and look you up on the voting rolls for that precinct. You then sign by your name and get a ballot. If you don't have your voters registration card, they ask for an id.

Fraudulent voting is so rare it is almost nonexistent yet Republicans continue to push for voter ids. However, Republicans have been pretty good at finding solutions for nonexistent problems.

In this state it is, we have had voter ID for years. Nothing to fix in the states that already have voter ID.

Why does voter ID hurt the less fortunate? 99.999% of them have ID's in order to get govt benefits. I really don't understand why you object to requiring voters to prove who they are before voting, and you have yet to tell us who specifically would be harmed.

The only possible explanation is that you support corruption in the voting process and that voter ID makes corruption more difficult.

So after 3-4 exchanges with you you cant say why the ID is "needed" other than because I want it.

Again, to stop as many people as possible from voting. Unless you remember a good reason some other time

I'm still not seeing how requiring ID will stop anybody from legally voting.

He doesn't want to strip his party of any political advantage it has. Whether they be unfair or not. How is making someone obey a just rule or law stopping them from voting? How many licks does it take to reach the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never know.

Not yet.

In every poll that I have voted, they ask for your voters registration card and look you up on the voting rolls for that precinct. You then sign by your name and get a ballot. If you don't have your voters registration card, they ask for an id.

Fraudulent voting is so rare it is almost nonexistent yet Republicans continue to push for voter ids. However, Republicans have been pretty good at finding solutions for nonexistent problems.

According to Slate Magazine, in the 2000 election (IIRC.. I'm not using my computer with the data) nearly 26,000 people cast ballots in two or more States between Florida, Georgia and New York.

That is hardly rare.

According to Slate Magazine, in the 2000 election (IIRC.. I'm not using my computer with the data) nearly 26,000 people cast ballots in two or more States between Florida, Georgia and New York.

That is hardly rare.
Try Again. According to Slate Magazine...

"How Much Voter Fraud Is There?
A state-by-state map reveals the answer: almost none."

Voter ID laws: A state-by-state map reveals how much voter fraud there is in the United States?almost none. - Slate Magazine
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ere_is_in_the_united_states_almost_none_.html

Last edited:
if Liberals had supreme power, they would allow pets and dead people to vote ,even five years after they have died, they would just re-use their ballots over and over again.
If Conservatives had supreme power, they would disenfranchise every Democrat, but they don't, so they must settle for the next best thing, disenfranchise as many as possible.

i would love to go undercover in a cincinnatti voter registration office and ask if i can register all of my 142 dead relatives as democrats, then see what happens.

This doesn’t make any sense.

In order to register to vote one must provide documentation that he’s a citizen and eligible to vote. Even if you had the appropriate ID for your ‘dead relatives,’ once elections officials discover the persons requesting registration are dead, they won’t be placed on the eligibility roll, and you’d likely be subject to charges of violating election laws.

Conservatives are at least consistent with regard to their ignorance of the issue.

No one is advocating a first time voter be allowed to register to vote without first providing a photo ID or other required document in accordance with his state’s voting laws; that’s perfectly appropriate and Constitutional.

Where conservatives are wrong is with their advocacy that voters provide a photo ID each and every time they vote, even though their name already appears on the registration rolls as an eligible voter. This is pointless, unnecessary, and constitutes an undue burden to exercising one’s fundamental right to vote, as there is no evidence that the outcome of any election was changed as a consequence of voter ‘fraud.’

Given this fact, laws requiring registered voters who show as eligible on the registration rolls to provide a picture ID in order to vote are clearly un-Constitutional. And if elections officials have reason to believe a given voter is attempting to commit voter fraud by identity, then that can be addressed on a case by case basis as the evidence dictates.

But the state may not presume every voter is guilty of ‘fraud’ and compel voters to prove they’re not guilty absent any evidence of attempted fraud.

What about Melowese Richardson? She voted six times for obammy.
So tell me how she would have managed that with her name already in the system?

And if there is one Melowese,you can bet there are thousands.

No, you cannot assume there are thousands. Illogical.

How would Voter ID have stopped this? It wouldn't.

She was a poll worker. She used her position to cast those fraudulent votes.

So you catch two drug dealers in chicago,I guess you got em all,right?
The war on drugs is over now right?

If she voted using her ID,her name would be in the system. If an ID is required for each and every vote,how could she have done that?
What a naive fool you are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back