Liberal logic on IDs and voting

It is painfully obvious why Democrats oppose voter ID's. There are millions of illegal aliens and unscrupulous people willing to vote multiple times at multiple polling places in order to keep the Dems in power and their handouts rolling in.
A Voter Id will not stop people from voting in multiple polling places. If they are registered in different precincts they will still be able to vote. Nor will a voter's id stop fraudulent registration, vote buying, disenfranchisement, fraudulent use of absentee ballots, misrecording of votes, and destruction of votes. These are the most common types of election frauds and voter id's do nothing, except to create an additional roadblock to voting.

I support requiring a photographic identification card for voting. I am a Libertarian, but strongly believe that in order to preserve the freedoms we espouse, the credibility of the election process must be preserved. I can see only charlatanism at work with cries that no identification be required for voting.

It is painfully obvious why Democrats oppose voter ID's. There are millions of illegal aliens and unscrupulous people willing to vote multiple times at multiple polling places in order to keep the Dems in power and their handouts rolling in.
A Voter Id will not stop people from voting in multiple polling places. If they are registered in different precincts they will still be able to vote. Nor will a voter's id stop fraudulent registration, vote buying, disenfranchisement, fraudulent use of absentee ballots, misrecording of votes, and destruction of votes. These are the most common types of election frauds and voter id's do nothing, except to create an additional roadblock to voting.

No, showing an ID will not stop all kinds of voter fraud, But it will stop some of it.

I really do not comprehend why you on the left object to proving who you are before voting. Well, I guess I do since most voter fraud has been committed by liberals.

No, showing an ID will not stop all kinds of voter fraud, But it will stop some of it.

I really do not comprehend why you on the left object to proving who you are before voting. Well, I guess I do since most voter fraud has been committed by liberals.
It will as you said, stop some voter id fraud, about .00000013 percent of the votes cast. It will also result in a lot more people being denied their right to vote. It makes no sense to stop thousands of people from casting a vote in order to prevent such as small amount of fraud.

Vote id laws are a solution in search of a problem.

Voter Fraud: It's Real, But Rare - ABC News

Last edited:

Forum List

Back