Liberal logic on IDs and voting

Because my residence is 80 miles away from where I work, I could get an absentee ballot and vote early. I prefer to make it to the polls whenever I can, but the option is available.

No, the "option" isn't always available. That's another of those "state rights" things.

I didn't claim it was universally optional, but it is available where I live. Considering the vast distances and lack of ready access to most of our state, it only makes sense to allow absentee and early voting. Other states may view available access to be adequate without such accommodations.

my point is that because I have a job, those that do not work and have all day to get to the polls have at least equal access to voting in practical terms.

By the time I'm getting back home the polls are closing and weekend voting is usually off the table since I'm usually visiting my mom in a nursing home.

sorry, I can't feel too much empathy for the " possibly disenfranchised" voter that has the time to take care of those things while I work to pay taxes.

If an illegal alien is able to register to vote, that's a problem with the registration system which needs to be fixed long before election day. Voter ID won't fix that.

If a dead person votes, that is again a problem with the registration system. Voter ID won't remove dead people from the rolls.

If a person votes more than once, Voter ID won't stop that. That, again, is a voter registration problem.

We have an existing voter system bureacracy which is making mistakes, and you fools want MORE bureacracy? You clearly aren't thinking this through. You want to pile on more bureacracy instead of fixing what's broken.
That's about the dumbest thing I have heard from you. A dead person can't walk into the polling booth with an ID...whether they're still on the rolls or not.

Admit the truth. You liberals don't want voter ID because it will cost you votes. Liberals can't win within lying and cheating. THAT'S the fucking problem for you!

Studies show that as many as 11 percent of eligible voters do not have government-issued photo IDs. That works out to 16 million voters, who are mostly seniors, people of color, people with disabilities, low-income voters, and students. This could be a big win for Republicans because the surest way to win an election is keep the opposition from voting.

Voter ID | Brennan Center for Justice

Studies show that as many as 11 percent of eligible voters do not have government-issued photo IDs. That works out to 16 million voters, who are mostly seniors, people of color, people with disabilities, low-income voters, and students. This could be a big win for Republicans because the surest way to win an election is keep the opposition from voting.

how in the hell do you know those people

1. are the " opposition"

2. actually care about voting

3. will actually exercise their right

4. the surest way to win an election is to lie your ass off apparently

whose vote is/ will be suppressed?

my main problem with voting is getting to the polls b/c I work

that's unfair

Because my residence is 80 miles away from where I work, I could get an absentee ballot and vote early. I prefer to make it to the polls whenever I can, but the option is available.
Postal voting is increasing rapidly in many states. In Oregon, all elections are conducted by mail. Washington state encourages all voters to vote by mail. Many other states are encouraging absentee voting. The problem of course is that absentee voting is a loophole in the voter id laws. However, unlike poll voting absentee voting actually has resulted in stolen elections.

I can see where vote-by-mail has inherent risks and would allow fraud on a much larger scale. There are no doubt many people who would sell their ballot to someone else, for starters. Not only that, but I believe absentee ballots are hand counted, which also allows for dishonest counters "misplacing" ballots supporting a candidate they dislike.

Seriously, you Voter ID people are control freaks.

The premise of your argument is entirely false. It will not stop fraud.

Therefore, there is an entirely different reason your masters want it.

You are going to have a lot of egg on your faces when fraud keeps happening in Voter ID states. But you will have moved a little further down the totalitarian scale by then, ready to accept we should all be carrying identity papers to make life easier for the security apparatus.

THINK!

Conservatives used to be the smartest people in the room. My how the mighty have fallen. You assholes are totally fucking up the conservative legacy left to you by my generation.

OK, I'm game...what exactly do you think will diminish voter fraud. You do realize that both sides do it, to one degree or another. How would you suggest we stop it?

One cannot ‘diminish’ something that doesn’t exist – this is a non-issue, and voter ID laws are a ‘solution’ in search of a problem.

You're the one who claims that requiring ID will not diminish fraud in states that require it.

What is a little effort for one person can be a lot of effort for another. My 87 year old sister is in a wheelchair. The nearest state office that issues id's is 8 miles away. Getting an id means a trip to the safe deposit at the bank to get the documents she needs. Someone will need to load her in a van because she can't get out of the chair, take her to the bank, then the state office. Knowing my sister she simple would not ask anyone to do that and would give up voting.

If there were any evidence that we had anything even approaching a serious problem with voter id fraud, I would support voter ids but there isn't. A number of studies have shown that voter id fraud is very rare. However, I have no doubt that there is election fraud, not voter id fraud.

You compare voter ids with other types ids such as a driver's id. We began issues driver in the early 20th century because of the growing number of accidents caused by people with no drivers training. There was a well documented need for driver's license. There is no documented need for voter ids.

If you deny a person the right to vote because they don't have a voter id, you are denying one our most important rights as citizens, the right to vote.

So, no one in you family is willing to help her do what needs done. Who the fuck feeds her? Who makes sure her meds are taken care of? Does anyone shop for her groceries, prepare her meals, wipe her ass?
Of course, she manages to make her way to the polling location every single election, but no one will take her to get an ID...riiigghtt...
It's not that no one would take her to get an id. She doesn't want to be any more of burden to people than she already is. There are many people in this and similar situations that won't be voting if voter ids are required. That of course should make people like you happy.

She has access to assistance but doesn't want to use it? That's her problem, then. If voting is that important to her, she would "burden" someone in order to meet the requirements. Who does she burden now when she needs to get to the polling place?

Really? then explain how these 16 million people registered for food stamps, welfare, medicaid, medicare? how did they register to vote with no ID? How do they get treatment at an ER or free clinic with no ID?

I think a more accurate % of people legitimately in the USA with NO form of ID is .011%. I think the blogger that you quoted put the decimal point in the wrong place.

Maybe getting an id is very simple for you, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone.

Perhaps you are new on this planet. Contrary to popular fairytales, life is neither fair or easy. Sometimes you have to lift a finger and exert a little effort. Getting an ID to drive, fly, enter a club, register for benefits, vote, etc. takes an ever so slight amount of effort, but well worth it to be a functioning member of society.
What is a little effort for one person can be a lot of effort for another. My 87 year old sister is in a wheelchair. The nearest state office that issues id's is 8 miles away. Getting an id means a trip to the safe deposit at the bank to get the documents she needs. Someone will need to load her in a van because she can't get out of the chair, take her to the bank, then the state office. Knowing my sister she simple would not ask anyone to do that and would give up voting.

If there were any evidence that we had anything even approaching a serious problem with voter id fraud, I would support voter ids but there isn't. A number of studies have shown that voter id fraud is very rare. However, I have no doubt that there is election fraud, not voter id fraud.

You compare voter ids with other types ids such as a driver's id. We began issues driver in the early 20th century because of the growing number of accidents caused by people with no drivers training. There was a well documented need for driver's license. There is no documented need for voter ids.

If you deny a person the right to vote because they don't have a voter id, you are denying one our most important rights as citizens, the right to vote.

Sounds like going to the polls with one extra stop. Big Fn deal......

Maybe getting an id is very simple for you, but that doesn't mean it is for everyone.

Perhaps you are new on this planet. Contrary to popular fairytales, life is neither fair or easy. Sometimes you have to lift a finger and exert a little effort. Getting an ID to drive, fly, enter a club, register for benefits, vote, etc. takes an ever so slight amount of effort, but well worth it to be a functioning member of society.

So your comment begs the question.......if your 87 year old sister in a wheelchair finds it difficult to go get an ID, wouldn't it be just as difficult for her to be loaded in a van to go to a polling place? Getting an ID is not difficult and I don't believe you if you tell me that your sister has never had an ID in her 87 years. You do realize that those who are for Voter ID are not asking for a new type of ID specifically for voting, don't you? Any form of government issued ID will work.

As to the "right" to vote, no one has yet supplied the verbiage I've requested from the Constitution that guarantees this "right" to vote. Perhaps you can.

Last edited:
We need an ID to drive, to get on a plane, to get into a bar, to buy a beer, to buy cigs, to sign up for welfare, to get food stamps, to use your medicade card but you want us to believe that people are to poor to get a FREE ID ( they are free you know for voting) to vote but they can get every where else to use the money they get FREE from the government GOTTCHA... Oh forgot you need an ID to get finger nail polish remover in some areas .. YEP

I thought you jackasses were for LESS government?

We want to prevent your Democratic Party fraud, which you use to get more government on our dime. What about that confuses you exactly?

So your comment begs the question.......if your 87 year old sister in a wheelchair finds it difficult to go get an ID, wouldn't it be just as difficult for her to be loaded in a van to go to a polling place? Getting an ID is not difficult and I don't believe you if you tell me that your sister has never had an ID in her 87 years. You do realize that those who are for Voter ID are not asking for a new type of ID specifically for voting, don't you? Any form of government issued ID will work.

As to the "right" to vote, no one has yet supplied the verbiage I've requested from the Constitution that guarantees this "right" to vote. Perhaps you can.
There are certainly people that are willing to transport her but she doesn't want to be any more of a bother to people than she is already. So if she has to a have a voter's id card, she probably won't vote. There are a lot of people just like my sister. If there were any significant evidence of voter fraud that might be prevented by voter id's, I would support it, but there isn't.

It is painfully obvious why Republicans are pursuing voter ids. There are millions of registered voters that do not have acceptable ids for voting, primarily people of color, the disable, and the poor, groups that traditional vote Democrat. What the GOP may not be considering is this could backfire badly if the lack of voter id's seriously reduced the number of registered Democrats voting.

One thing is for sure, if voter id's are upheld by the courts, there will be countless lawsuits from voters claiming the laws are disenfranchising them.

Fraud gives liberals an advantage - that is their only consideration. No ID allows for fraud!

I ask again for evidence of any actual fraud which could only have been prevented by Voter ID.

You won't find any.

Fraud is like roaches when you see one you know there are millions hiding somewhere.. We have seen so many reports on people doing fraud to get Obama elected. Like in some areas he got more then 100 % of the vote . How can that be other then people voted more then once, People signed up dead people ect... You know it happens it happens more then you want to admit .. and the only way to really slow it down is by VoTER ID..

Polling places are usually within 5 miles of someone's home. Polling places are set up all over the district, ID offices aren't.

Polling places are usually within 5 miles of someone's home. Polling places are set up all over the district, ID offices aren't.
What about getting her ID for her Medicare and SS check to go to the doctors. YOu have to show that to go to the doctors . YOu cant tell me she NEVER sees a doctor at her age and uses her medicare and has to show an ID !! What about going to the store to write a check to get food for her. Most people her age dont do debit they still write checks..

What about getting her ID for her Medicare and SS check to go to the doctors. YOu have to show that to go to the doctors . YOu cant tell me she NEVER sees a doctor at her age and uses her medicare and has to show an ID !! What about going to the store to write a check to get food for her. Most people her age dont do debit they still write checks..

You don't need a state issued photo ID for those.

We need an ID to drive, to get on a plane, to get into a bar, to buy a beer, to buy cigs, to sign up for welfare, to get food stamps, to use your medicade card but you want us to believe that people are to poor to get a FREE ID ( they are free you know for voting) to vote but they can get every where else to use the money they get FREE from the government GOTTCHA... Oh forgot you need an ID to get finger nail polish remover in some areas .. YEP

If you knew the hell what you're talking about in would be shocker.... if you took the time to research in what the repub-lie-tards are doing then you wouldn't makes such a stupid post here ...

this isn't a case in showing a drivers license from the state or a state ID .... the republicans want you to go an get a voters ID ...a special ID that saying you were borne in this country ... now to get this Id You have to go to state run authorized office in the capitol or the closes city that they have designated as a authorized office to get your Id ... that means if you don't live in the states capitol or a city that has a authorized office, you have to drive there and get one ... but like I said If you knew the hell what you're talking about in would be shocker

Last edited:

If you knew the hell what you're talking about in would be shocker.... if you took the time to research in what the repub-lie-tards are doing then you wouldn't makes such a stupid post here ...

this isn't a case in showing a drivers license from the state or a state ID .... the republicans want you to go an get a voters ID ...a special ID that saying you were borne in this country ... now to get this Id You have to go to state run authorized office in the capitol or the closes city that they have designated as a authorized office to get your Id ... that means if you don't live in the states capitol or a city that has a authorized office, you have to drive there and get one ... but like I said If you knew the hell what you're talking about in would be shocker

^^^not true. You can get a state ID at any DMV office and its free.

where do y ou get your info from??

where do y ou get your info from??
He speaks out of his ass. I would be ashamed if I was poor and my president thought I was to dumb to get an ID. PEOPLE have to go to the stores they get rides. They can just ask that person to take them to the DMV, take the buses. if there is a will there is a way. People make to many excuses to do things they dont want to do like working even if it is for min wage.. They would rather free money handed to them!!

Forum List

Back