Liberal logic on IDs and voting

If you knew the hell what you're talking about in would be shocker.... if you took the time to research in what the repub-lie-tards are doing then you wouldn't makes such a stupid post here ...

this isn't a case in showing a drivers license from the state or a state ID .... the republicans want you to go an get a voters ID ...a special ID that saying you were borne in this country ... now to get this Id You have to go to state run authorized office in the capitol or the closes city that they have designated as a authorized office to get your Id ... that means if you don't live in the states capitol or a city that has a authorized office, you have to drive there and get one ... but like I said If you knew the hell what you're talking about in would be shocker

where do y ou get your info from??
He speaks out of his ass. I would be ashamed if I was poor and my president thought I was to dumb to get an ID. PEOPLE have to go to the stores they get rides. They can just ask that person to take them to the DMV, take the buses. if there is a will there is a way. People make to many excuses to do things they dont want to do like working even if it is for min wage.. They would rather free money handed to them!!

Yep, and I have seen where even a couple of states have said they will come to them if indeed they absolutely cannot make it to their local office.

So your comment begs the question.......if your 87 year old sister in a wheelchair finds it difficult to go get an ID, wouldn't it be just as difficult for her to be loaded in a van to go to a polling place? Getting an ID is not difficult and I don't believe you if you tell me that your sister has never had an ID in her 87 years. You do realize that those who are for Voter ID are not asking for a new type of ID specifically for voting, don't you? Any form of government issued ID will work.

As to the "right" to vote, no one has yet supplied the verbiage I've requested from the Constitution that guarantees this "right" to vote. Perhaps you can.

Polling places are usually within 5 miles of someone's home. Polling places are set up all over the district, ID offices aren't.
What about getting her ID for her Medicare and SS check to go to the doctors. YOu have to show that to go to the doctors . YOu cant tell me she NEVER sees a doctor at her age and uses her medicare and has to show an ID !! What about going to the store to write a check to get food for her. Most people her age dont do debit they still write checks..
Since she lives in another state, I'm not sure what she does. However, the point is not that it's impossible for her to get a voter id, it's just an added burden. For most people getting a voter id doesn't even qualify as an inconvenience but for some people like my sister it is a burden, and one that's totally unnecessary.

There has certainly been election fraud in the form of illegal registrations, vote tampering, disenfranchising, misuse of proxies, and absentee voting. The requirement for voter ids addresses a problem that we don't have while ignoring real election fraud.

Polling places are usually within 5 miles of someone's home. Polling places are set up all over the district, ID offices aren't.
What about getting her ID for her Medicare and SS check to go to the doctors. YOu have to show that to go to the doctors . YOu cant tell me she NEVER sees a doctor at her age and uses her medicare and has to show an ID !! What about going to the store to write a check to get food for her. Most people her age dont do debit they still write checks..
Since she lives in another state, I'm not sure what she does. However, the point is not that it's impossible for her to get a voter id, it's just an added burden. For most people getting a voter id doesn't even qualify as an inconvenience but for some people like my sister it is a burden, and one that's totally unnecessary.

There has certainly been election fraud in the form of illegal registrations, vote tampering, disenfranchising, misuse of proxies, and absentee voting. The requirement for voter ids addresses a problem that we don't have while ignoring real election fraud.

How did your sister register to vote and get her name on the voter rolls? Did it just magically appear there or did she have to go into some govt building and identify herself?

The falacy with the left wing arguments on this is that they ignore the fact that you have to get your name on the voter rolls before voting. If you can show an ID to get registered, then you can show an ID to vote.

How did your sister register to vote and get her name on the voter rolls? Did it just magically appear there or did she have to go into some govt building and identify herself?

The falacy with the left wing arguments on this is that they ignore the fact that you have to get your name on the voter rolls before voting. If you can show an ID to get registered, then you can show an ID to vote.
Hell, she's 87 and has been voting for at least 60 years. When I first registered to vote over 50 years ago, I went to the court house signed a statement swearing I was a citizen and showed them a utility bill to prove where I lived.

Last edited:
We need an ID to drive, to get on a plane, to get into a bar, to buy a beer, to buy cigs, to sign up for welfare, to get food stamps, to use your medicade card but you want us to believe that people are to poor to get a FREE ID ( they are free you know for voting) to vote but they can get every where else to use the money they get FREE from the government GOTTCHA... Oh forgot you need an ID to get finger nail polish remover in some areas .. YEP

This illogical fallacy is getting really tired.

I can demonstrate that showing an ID is the only way to prove someone is of legal drinking age, but you cannot show that Voter ID is the only way to prevent or catch voter fraud. In fact, you cannot show any actual voter fraud which could only have been caught or prevented by Voter ID.

Not the only way, but one way.

Add more layers to the voting process, whats the worst that can happen?

Doesn't things get better with more bureaucracy? Everyone will tell you No...Everytime.

Except with voting...Repubs faith is renewed in the efficiency of govt!

Just kidding they just want to make it harder on you to vote....oh yeah, Vote GOP they hate Government *wink wink*

What is a little effort for one person can be a lot of effort for another. My 87 year old sister is in a wheelchair. The nearest state office that issues id's is 8 miles away. Getting an id means a trip to the safe deposit at the bank to get the documents she needs. Someone will need to load her in a van because she can't get out of the chair, take her to the bank, then the state office. Knowing my sister she simple would not ask anyone to do that and would give up voting.

If there were any evidence that we had anything even approaching a serious problem with voter id fraud, I would support voter ids but there isn't. A number of studies have shown that voter id fraud is very rare. However, I have no doubt that there is election fraud, not voter id fraud.

You compare voter ids with other types ids such as a driver's id. We began issues driver in the early 20th century because of the growing number of accidents caused by people with no drivers training. There was a well documented need for driver's license. There is no documented need for voter ids.

If you deny a person the right to vote because they don't have a voter id, you are denying one our most important rights as citizens, the right to vote.

So your comment begs the question.......if your 87 year old sister in a wheelchair finds it difficult to go get an ID, wouldn't it be just as difficult for her to be loaded in a van to go to a polling place? Getting an ID is not difficult and I don't believe you if you tell me that your sister has never had an ID in her 87 years. You do realize that those who are for Voter ID are not asking for a new type of ID specifically for voting, don't you? Any form of government issued ID will work.

As to the "right" to vote, no one has yet supplied the verbiage I've requested from the Constitution that guarantees this "right" to vote. Perhaps you can.
There are certainly people that are willing to transport her but she doesn't want to be any more of a bother to people than she is already. So if she has to a have a voter's id card, she probably won't vote. There are a lot of people just like my sister. If there were any significant evidence of voter fraud that might be prevented by voter id's, I would support it, but there isn't.

It is painfully obvious why Republicans are pursuing voter ids. There are millions of registered voters that do not have acceptable ids for voting, primarily people of color, the disable, and the poor, groups that traditional vote Democrat. What the GOP may not be considering is this could backfire badly if the lack of voter id's seriously reduced the number of registered Democrats voting.

One thing is for sure, if voter id's are upheld by the courts, there will be countless lawsuits from voters claiming the laws are disenfranchising them.

So one would assume that she doesn't want to bother them to take her to a polling place as well. Seems she has made her decision on whether or not to vote already. One trip to get an ID (assuming that she doesn't already have one for some strange reason) for the rest of her life as far less when compared to trips to the polling place each time there is an election. Methinks you are just trying to find excuses for purely partisan reasons.

It is painfully obvious why Democrats oppose voter ID's. There are millions of illegal aliens and unscrupulous people willing to vote multiple times at multiple polling places in order to keep the Dems in power and their handouts rolling in. What the Dems may not be considering is this could backfire badly when these people feel empowered to put even worse politicians in place thinking it will get them more. See Detriot for a real life example.

One thing is for sure, if people bring lawsuits claiming to be disenfranched because of their own laziness, they will lose case after case.

What is a little effort for one person can be a lot of effort for another. My 87 year old sister is in a wheelchair. The nearest state office that issues id's is 8 miles away. Getting an id means a trip to the safe deposit at the bank to get the documents she needs. Someone will need to load her in a van because she can't get out of the chair, take her to the bank, then the state office. Knowing my sister she simple would not ask anyone to do that and would give up voting.

If there were any evidence that we had anything even approaching a serious problem with voter id fraud, I would support voter ids but there isn't. A number of studies have shown that voter id fraud is very rare. However, I have no doubt that there is election fraud, not voter id fraud.

You compare voter ids with other types ids such as a driver's id. We began issues driver in the early 20th century because of the growing number of accidents caused by people with no drivers training. There was a well documented need for driver's license. There is no documented need for voter ids.

If you deny a person the right to vote because they don't have a voter id, you are denying one our most important rights as citizens, the right to vote.

Neither are jobs, grocery stores, doctor offices, welfare offices, etc. Life's tough, wear a helmet. :thup:

We need an ID to drive, to get on a plane, to get into a bar, to buy a beer, to buy cigs, to sign up for welfare, to get food stamps, to use your medicade card but you want us to believe that people are to poor to get a FREE ID ( they are free you know for voting) to vote but they can get every where else to use the money they get FREE from the government GOTTCHA... Oh forgot you need an ID to get finger nail polish remover in some areas .. YEP

If you knew the hell what you're talking about in would be shocker.... if you took the time to research in what the repub-lie-tards are doing then you wouldn't makes such a stupid post here ...

this isn't a case in showing a drivers license from the state or a state ID .... the republicans want you to go an get a voters ID ...a special ID that saying you were borne in this country ... now to get this Id You have to go to state run authorized office in the capitol or the closes city that they have designated as a authorized office to get your Id ... that means if you don't live in the states capitol or a city that has a authorized office, you have to drive there and get one ... but like I said If you knew the hell what you're talking about in would be shocker

Speaking of not knowing what the hell you're talking about, quit watching Racheal Maddow. Hint, shes a lesbian. She wouldn't like you.

We have voter ID in my state. Know what you can use......get ready for it.......a DRIVERS LICENSE!!! Your wrong. You fail. Move along.

where do y ou get your info from??

MSNBC's ass.

Doesn't things get better with more bureaucracy? Everyone will tell you No...Everytime.

Just kidding they just want to make it harder on you to vote....oh yeah, Vote GOP they hate Government *wink wink*

Make sure you pick up Pancho/Bill jones, Carlos/Tom Smith and Jose/John Brown when you go to the polls next time so they can cast their votes as illegal aliens/American citizens.

Make sure you pick up Pancho/Bill jones, Carlos/Tom Smith and Jose/John Brown when you go to the polls next time so they can cast their votes as illegal aliens/American citizens.

I know you're scared but you have to understand that doesn't happen. Change your panties and put on your big boy pants

I know you're scared but you have to understand that doesn't happen. Change your panties and put on your big boy pants

So you're saying illegals never steal the identities of citizens? You might want to take those blinder off.

Hell, she's 87 and has been voting for at least 60 years. When I first registered to vote over 50 years ago, I went to the court house signed a statement swearing I was a citizen and showed them a utility bill to prove where I lived.

and what do you do on election day? just show up say your name and vote? or show up say your name, show some ID and vote?

The objections to proving who you are before voting are getting more ludicrous with each new leftie post.

So you're saying illegals never steal the identities of citizens? You might want to take those blinder off.

he can't, they are genetically attached. Its called the defective liberal gene (DRD 4 if you wish to research it)

You have at least months, if not years, to acquire ID. So the individual is never, ever goes anywhere near where IDs are issued...ever? Do you assume that those who demand positive ID be shown at the polls are stupid and easily led as you sheeple comrades?

That they can manage. When it comes to identifying yourself to get government freebies, IDs are easy to come by.

Wrong. Photo ID issued by an acceptable agency would suffice. Picture matches photo, matches name on voting rolls...no problem.

There are certainly people that are willing to transport her but she doesn't want to be any more of a bother to people than she is already. So if she has to a have a voter's id card, she probably won't vote. There are a lot of people just like my sister. If there were any significant evidence of voter fraud that might be prevented by voter id's, I would support it, but there isn't.

It is painfully obvious why Republicans are pursuing voter ids. There are millions of registered voters that do not have acceptable ids for voting, primarily people of color, the disable, and the poor, groups that traditional vote Democrat. What the GOP may not be considering is this could backfire badly if the lack of voter id's seriously reduced the number of registered Democrats voting.

One thing is for sure, if voter id's are upheld by the courts, there will be countless lawsuits from voters claiming the laws are disenfranchising them.

So one would assume that she doesn't want to bother them to take her to a polling place as well. Seems she has made her decision on whether or not to vote already. One trip to get an ID (assuming that she doesn't already have one for some strange reason) for the rest of her life as far less when compared to trips to the polling place each time there is an election. Methinks you are just trying to find excuses for purely partisan reasons.

It is painfully obvious why Democrats oppose voter ID's. There are millions of illegal aliens and unscrupulous people willing to vote multiple times at multiple polling places in order to keep the Dems in power and their handouts rolling in. What the Dems may not be considering is this could backfire badly when these people feel empowered to put even worse politicians in place thinking it will get them more. See Detriot for a real life example.

One thing is for sure, if people bring lawsuits claiming to be disenfranched because of their own laziness, they will lose case after case.

Ah, hell, she probably has someone else vote for her. After all, it's less of a burden to ask them to cast her ballot than to ask for a ride to cast it herself. Of course, her "proxy" will cast her ballot the way she would herself...they're all such nice people.

No shit!

Illegal alien works six years as cop for Anchorage police department | InvestmentWatch

Forum List

Back