Liberal States .. Higher Taxes

Higher population densities bring higher taxes.

You needn't be a rocket scientist to figure that out.
4. Houston
7. San Antonio
9. Dallas
11. Austin
16. Fort Worth
20. El Paso

You were saying?

Yanno Dallas and Ft. Worth have gotten so big and sprawling that they're now going to combine into a single city.

It'll be called "Worthlass".

rimshot.gif

Well, let me see...Liberal states have
1. Vastly better infrastructure
2. Vastly better schools. The south has some of the lowest standards in the nation for a reason.
3. A stronger safetynet
4. Medical care is better and far more people are covered by insurance in blue states. Texas has the most uncovered in the nation! Get sick and lose everything.

We get something for that higher taxes...A higher standard of living.
And, obviously blind and gullible residents who believe what the elected idjits are telling them, and they don't travel to other states often.
Actually, not true. Liberals and progressives tend to be better/more highly educated, tend to be college graduates, tend to be professionals. This type of person is far more likely to travel within the US and abroad. I spent 50 years in the Pacific NW. Many, many residents have moved from the East Coast and other parts of the country; that applies to California too. These are not people who are ignorant of what life is like in other parts of the US. In fact, they choose to live in the PNW because it is a better life than elsewhere.
If you are more highly educated, why aren't you richer?
Those who can do, do, those who can't teach?
if you are so affluent, then how can you claim to be the party of the worker?
Sounds like a whole boatload of hypocrisy to me!

2. Vastly better schools. The south has some of the lowest standards in the nation for a reason.
3. A stronger safetynet
4. Medical care is better and far more people are covered by insurance in blue states. Texas has the most uncovered in the nation! Get sick and lose everything.

And, obviously blind and gullible residents who believe what the elected idjits are telling them, and they don't travel to other states often.
Actually, not true. Liberals and progressives tend to be better/more highly educated, tend to be college graduates, tend to be professionals. This type of person is far more likely to travel within the US and abroad. I spent 50 years in the Pacific NW. Many, many residents have moved from the East Coast and other parts of the country; that applies to California too. These are not people who are ignorant of what life is like in other parts of the US. In fact, they choose to live in the PNW because it is a better life than elsewhere.

Where does it say "money" is the object?

3. A stronger safetynet

Well, let's se there POGO.
If you made more money, maybe you could hire a homeless and pay $20 per hour.
Or, donate to charity, and REALLY help someone.

3. A stronger safetynet

Texas is better than all your commie utopias. Stay the fuck out.

They are all in Austin and metastasizing outward.

3. A stronger safetynet

Well, let's se there POGO.
If you made more money, maybe you could hire a homeless and pay $20 per hour.
Or, donate to charity, and REALLY help someone.

::::::::wwwwwhhhhooooooossssshhhhhhhhhhhh::::::::

3. A stronger safetynet

Seattle is quite expensive: taxes, property, cost of living, so I imagine people tend to have higher incomes there. However, highly educated people don't necessarily make loads of money. Depends on the type of career they have. Not everyone values money as the main goal of life. The proverb you quoted is a fallacy. Teaching is a specific skill in itself. Lots of people, most actually, who can do other things can't teach. Takes specific types of skills, personality, and character. I know you folks like to demean anyone who is involved in the humanities and human services, but it would be an awful world without those areas.

People aren't necessarily paid according to their value to society. Police officers, for example, aren't paid that well nor are fireman. The crap I read on here from RWrs about how lowly anyone is who doesn't make a big salary is pretty telling and displays a very false vision of reality, also, most likely, a pretty dishonest one. Without creative people you would have no movies, no beauty, no parks or gardens, good restaurants, and a million other things. Without people in services like EMTs and police, life would be dangerous and chaotic.

But, of course, salaries vary according to the cost of living in the area. Teachers in Washington, for example, are paid more than teachers in Oklahoma where the cost of living is lower. Washington is the 7th best educational system in the country, so those teachers earn their money.

As far as being the party of the worker, the Kennedy's were very wealthy and all Democrats. Lots of Dems are wealthy. They just see the world differently; aren't so stingy and mean spirited as conservatives.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back