Liberals afraid and intolerant to one flag, stomp on another!

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
California state government departments will be prohibited from selling or displaying items with an image of the Confederate flag under a bill that passed the Assembly on Monday.

San Francisco Chronicle ^

bill-ayers-stomping-on-american-flag.jpg

I can't really disagree with anything in that article. Most people view the Confederate flag in the same light as the Nazi flag. While it can be argued for both flags that the original intent behind the meaning of each was once something different, the fact is that it was hijacked by other movements which are not viewed in an historically positive light. As long as they don't try to remove it from existence by banning it from texts and museums, or private business from selling it, then I don't blame the state for not wanting to be associated with it. Even though I support freedom of expression, even if it's not my view, I still cringe that GA has a license plate with that symbol.

We don't have to embrace our history, nor should we displace it...

but when we ignore our history, then we are truly fucked.

I still have my confederate flag, my stars and bars and my Israeli flag... No one will take them away...

What a very stupid law. It's supposed to look like they are doing something. Actually they are doing nothing.

California State departments do not sell anything with the image of the Confederate flag. Why would it?

Forum List

Back